Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Semi-finals
From the Club website:
"Should the Bears be drawn at home, we will play a day/night match on Thursday 4 September with a 2pm start. Entry for this match would be FREE for Warwickshire Members and Under 16s, whilst other Adult tickets would be priced at £10. Visiting Members will also gain FREE entry. - See more at: http://www.edgbaston.com/1937/royal-lond...pH3Jy.dpuf"
Free entry for members is good news plus only £10 for non-members. Let's hope we do get a home tie.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Terry's post:
Warleybear
That's great by the club. Free for members and £10 for non represents great value for money for 100 overs...Kent 242 ao. Could go either way that semi... It would be nice to draw Gloucs. I know people are blasé about meeting Notts but on paper they are the strongest side and they have already beaten us...although it was a close one.
Why do we have to play on the Thursday if we're at home? Great deal by the club, but the attendance still won't be as high as it would be if we played on the Saturday.
Proud to be a Bear
(29-08-2014, 05:19 PM)Exiled Bear Wrote: Why do we have to play on the Thursday if we're at home? Great deal by the club, but the attendance still won't be as high as it would be if we played on the Saturday.

Maybe that's why they have been so generous with the pricing. I wouldn't think they'll be much more there than 5/6 k. You are right on a Saturday we could get double that.
I guess it must have something to do with the T20 international on the Sunday, but you'd think we'd be able to cope with 140 overs of cricket over 2 days.
Proud to be a Bear
The only reason Notts beat us was because of one bizarre over from Recordo - at that stage Notts needed an unlikely 22 from 2 overs.
LE - aka John
True but the key there was batting first. We win nearly all our games batting first and loose most batting 2nd.
Home tie against Kent
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Probably the best draw we could of had.
You posted that quickly Terry - did you have advanced notice????? :thumbup:

Mind you we always get Kent when it comes to cup draws.
LE - aka John
(29-08-2014, 09:12 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: You posted that quickly Terry - did you have advanced notice????? :thumbup:

Mind you we always get Kent when it comes to cup draws.

Agree, best draw we could have hoped for.
With that draw, is it too ambitious of me to book cheap train tickets to London for the final? (There's a sale on at the minute) :thumbup:
Proud to be a Bear
Yes good draw. Funny that Durham v Notts is the championship game this Sunday too. Would have made more sense for them to stop up there and play the Semi Final on Thursday.

Happy with a home draw
Let's hope it's Notts& us in the final,let's have a midland fest@ Lord's
Pete tells me that it's free for members. Nice gesture by the club.
(29-08-2014, 09:23 PM)Exiled Bear Wrote: With that draw, is it too ambitious of me to book cheap train tickets to London for the final? (There's a sale on at the minute) :thumbup:

Didn't all the quarters end up with the side batting first winning? Its such an advantage in these day night 50 over games. The toss could be crucial.
Kind of feel even more sorry for the folks at Rugby School now too

We could have switched our tie to there and played it on the Saturday. Perhaps too much sorting out to do though
Surely you'd want to play a semi at Edgbaston though!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
Warleybear
(29-08-2014, 09:29 PM)stingray Wrote: Pete tells me that it's free for members. Nice gesture by the club.

& under16s so I am sorted on both counts
(29-08-2014, 09:51 PM)narsty simon Wrote:
(29-08-2014, 09:29 PM)stingray Wrote: Pete tells me that it's free for members. Nice gesture by the club.

& under16s so I am sorted on both counts

Is that mentality or age?