Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laurie Evans
Speaking from a distance why is there this assumption that Evans is leaving. As I see it Warks have, at the moment, withdrawn the offer that was on the table a year ago. Who's to say he won't be offered a 2 year contract or a 3 year contract with strings attached.
LE - aka John
Lawrence says theres interest from Middx and he's a southerner...Apart from that he's only playing t20 cricket. I think he'll wait until he's contract runs out and see what offers are on the table...
Most people are saying its not the clubs fault but we don't know what the offer was. its a short career and he needs to make sure he gets what he feels he's worth..
True Paul, the preferential treatment extends beyond local lads like Troughton and Westwood to also higher profile outsiders like Porterfield - presumably because when given a long term contract the club hierarchy are very reluctant to admit they've made a bad call.

(19-07-2014, 10:48 AM)Paul Wrote: Yes Lawrence it's not just home grown plSyers who have been kept in the side after extended periods of poor fort though. Porterfield although he is playing well this season was often the talk of why he's still in the side on this forum.

Evans was kept out of the side too long by giles and in his first full season gets nearly 1000 runs. Still keep hearing about all our young talent. We have hain, he's an exceptional talent. Javid is decent, not in the class of a mooen Ali, Webb. Coleman and Lewis have less than a 50 percent chance of making it.
I guess they think with Hain and Trott in the side now they can afford to do without Evans but it could backfire on us...
Excellent from Laurie today, and shows what he's capable of, on his day.
While Robert may be dead, Robert was not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Please sign a new contract Laurie! We'll miss him next season if he goes.
Proud to be a Bear
Our own fault if we loose him imo.
He chose not to sign the contract he was offered. His performances at the start of the season were less than adequate, leading to his replacement in the championship side, so the club withdrew the offer of the contract that was still unsigned, after at least 6 months.
He has been offered a revised contract, based on his current performances.

I fail to see how the club would be at fault if he decides to leave.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
ok we've been here before.
So, we're a nice green forum, we recycle our comments :-)
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Its the clubs fault if Laurie leaves :fishing:
Some comments don't deserve recycling, see above :-)
There are GOOD Mugabe's
You mean its not green enough.
No, some used items shouldn't be recycled :-)
There are GOOD Mugabe's
He must have sealed a decent contract even if not quite as good as that he could have taken. Shame he did not have a chance to get to 50
LE - aka John
yes he might get a contract offer but it doesn't mean he won't get better offers from other counties being as he will be a free agent. I wouldn't have thought he would be happy not being in the 4 day team. T20 finals will be a great opportunity to showcase his talent and maybe even get himself into the England one day squad.
(13-08-2014, 05:23 PM)Paul Wrote: yes he might get a contract offer but it doesn't mean he won't get better offers from other counties being as he will be a free agent. I wouldn't have thought he would be happy not being in the 4 day team. T20 finals will be a great opportunity to showcase his talent and maybe even get himself into the England one day squad.

Whilst I enjoyed his hitting in this game, I think the England scene is a bit far fetched. There must be thirty other players ahead of him in the queue surely.
His form at the start of the season was poor, hence he was omitted from the championship side. It's a risk he was happy to take when he declined the contract on offer.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
(13-08-2014, 05:58 PM)GrizzlyBear Wrote:
(13-08-2014, 05:23 PM)Paul Wrote: yes he might get a contract offer but it doesn't mean he won't get better offers from other counties being as he will be a free agent. I wouldn't have thought he would be happy not being in the 4 day team. T20 finals will be a great opportunity to showcase his talent and maybe even get himself into the England one day squad.

Whilst I enjoyed his hitting in this game, I think the England scene is a bit far fetched. There must be thirty other players ahead of him in the queue surely.

Not many players can finish like he did yesterday. Butler? Maybe it is a bit far-fetched...Form is temporary class is permanent TGM. :thumbup:
Looking at things from another angle, our current championship top five batting is usually Chopra/Westwood/P'fld/Trott & Hain, which one of those would you omit for Laurie to play?
I'm assuming we have Woakes/Barker & Ambrose filling the positions from 6-8
There are GOOD Mugabe's