Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tennis
He likes to cause a racket
The beeb may describe it as brilliant... but it is one sided... over as a contest after the second set. The younger stronger man will easily prevail by three sets to one..... the older one was brave .. but in the game of gorillas. ... will ultimately be futile.

Big question... Will the winner go into the crowd for that threesome?
Brilliant display of tennis from Djokovic. Has to be up there as one of the best players of all time

I thought cricket presentations had become poor...This is a dragged out shocker.... which minor royal will make the presentation?

The most desired trophy in the whole of sport... more verbal diarrhea from the Beeb...

To be fair they were both very dignified. .. good to see that. Crowd didnt seem happy with the result..

3-1 ... a one sided final. The looser made twice as many unforced errors..
Hardly one-sided

Less than three hours... 3-1 and over as a contest after the second set.... The younger fitter player easily won. The fourth set saw RFs legs go.

Perhaps it would have been better if Murray as the younger man had been in the final....

Apart from the second set tie break... very subdued and disapointing final... whatever the Beebs hype.
Murray is weak without Lendl. Djokovic would have beaten him in at least 4. Djokovic was on top from the first set onwards but Federer is playing as well as ever so he had to play his very best to beat him. You cant discount this era of mens tennis. Federer, Nadal and Djokovic are the three greatest players of all time imo.

Once these players retire i probably wont bother watching.

Warley, may I ask why you watched the final if you dislike tennis and Wimbledon so much?
Proud to be a Bear
I was forced to watch it.... Hence my total unhappiness.

Apologies if it showed a bit ;-)
That would be akin to me being forced to watch Big Brother or Strictly.

On the point of presentation,tennis is less tedious than the cricket nonesense of giving medals to 4th umpires & then asking the losing captain where it went wrong
I remember the good old days when the trophy was properly presented on the balcony (Lords etc.) of the pavilion with all to see.... now days its done hidden behind some advertising curtain facing away from whats left of the crowd..... for skys benefit only.
Sign of the times I'm afraid
I didn't like all that stuff at Cardiff which delayed the start. Three national anthems for pete sake.

Another sign of the times Paul,can't just be a sport,have to have American type razzamatazz
The worst was in Cardiff before the Six Nations match against England. Interminable tripe, trying to generate a cauldron atmosphere. What's wrong with allowing the crowd to wind itself up? #becomingagrumpyoldman
Also regarding something else. Why should the boundaries have to be reduced because of health and safety when we never had a problem before but its only a problem now because fielders dive to save a run. Answer is for fielders not to dive.

However, Paul I remember watching Bears at the old Hampshire ground where the waist-high boards were the boundary. Alan Donald almost broke his back taking a catch on the boundary.
LE - aka John
(13-07-2015, 05:46 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: However, Paul I remember watching Bears at the old Hampshire ground where the waist-high boards were the boundary. Alan Donald almost broke his back taking a catch on the boundary.

Oh thats a fair point. Just don't think batsman should be rewarded with a six like Rogers at Cardiff when the carry can be no more than 60 yards. 

(13-07-2015, 06:59 PM)Paul Wrote:
(13-07-2015, 05:46 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: However, Paul I remember watching Bears at the old Hampshire ground where the waist-high boards were the boundary. Alan Donald almost broke his back taking a catch on the boundary.

Oh thats a fair point. Just don't think batsman should be rewarded with a six like Rogers at Cardiff when the carry can be no more than 60 yards. 

From the life of W.G. Grace: "In 1887 WG saved the life of old Gloucestershire cricketer and cricket writer ACM Croome. Croome gashed his throat against one of the spiked railings in front of the pavilion of Old Trafford and the cut was deep and potentially fatal. WG held the jagged edges of the wound together for nearly half an hour as messengers scurried to find surgical needles. WG had been bowling all day and but for his stamina and nerve it would have been near impossible to keep holding the position without twitching finger or thumb."
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/