Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tennis
Shouldn't be on BBC... Why no cricket and yet we get this grunt and groan tosh served up?

Anyone else scrapped their tv license and just watch view on demand. Apparently thousands and thousands are doing it.
Tomorrows semi between Federer and Murray should be interesting. The BBC experts all seem to think Murray will win but Federer hasn't broken sweat yet and has a 3 match winning run against him. Also Federer is possibly the greatest grass court player ever.

Come on Andy,make up for Maria's defeat yesterday
Williams against sharapova is the most predictable thing in sport

(10-07-2015, 10:11 AM)Paul Wrote: Williams against sharapova is the most predictable thing in sport

And the most boring.

Has to be the noisiest 2 person game.
LE - aka John
(10-07-2015, 03:34 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote:
(10-07-2015, 10:11 AM)Paul Wrote: Williams against sharapova is the most predictable thing in sport

And the most boring.

Have you forgotten this case so soon?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/l...-jail.html
Of course, it may have been mixed doubles, in which case I apologise and the lady tennis players can keep their titles.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
(10-07-2015, 03:34 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote:

And the most boring.

Azarenka vs Sharapova beats it for decibels. 

At least we don't have to put up with the Murray hype for another year.

Tennis is a minority sport.. http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tenni...14567.html watched by the royals, d rated celebs and hanger ons... it shouldnt get as much air time as it does and it should be pay per view. Some live cricket should be free to view... it is our number one sumner sport!
Yes but Wimbledon is massive. More people turn up at Wimbledon over the two weeks than will go to all of the ashes days combined.

Yes .... And a lot more people watched trooping the colour along the Mall a couple of weeks ago. It's a 'must do' for the tourists, champagne Charlie's and Royals with nothing better to do. An activity with very little participation really that should be removed from the BBCs Crown Jewels.... If people like it then pay to view and keep the BBCs costs under control. Tennis is an over hyped grunt and groan activity somewhere between Glastonbury, horse racing and F1. Fortunately it only surfaces for two weeks every year.... unless a Brit gets past the second round in Australia or America.

The Beeb spending money on tosh and big salaries to keep the liberal do gooding elite happy. Strawberries and cream... My @r$€.... No wonder people are stopping paying their TV licences in their hundreds of thousands. ;-)
Perhaps a shorter,artificial,inferior version will come about in yrs.to come then you can tell us how sexy it all is
17 mil viewed the wimbledon final in 2013, 10 mil last year. Its one of the few great sporting events the BBC has left. If all we have left are Eastenders, Simon Cowell, Alan Sugar and all the reality and crap quiz programmes then BBC license fee is a waste. When was the last time the bbc had a good sitcom? Anyway the open championship next week lol

I believe that the ashes should be on bbc. i think world cups should also be on bbc

(12-07-2015, 12:07 PM)narsty simon Wrote: Perhaps a shorter,artificial,inferior version will come about in yrs.to come then you can tell us how sexy it all is

Yep... Three sets... Men and women paid the same for the same activity!

Yes...Test, four day and T20 are very sexy indeed.... Just a shame that none of our major summer sport is shown live on 'terrestrial' TV IMHO. A missed opportunity.... instead we get two over paid gorillas fireing a ball at each other over a net....  ;-)
Sometimes they put it into the net,something our over paid footballers should do more often!
Totally agree Simon.... they are a bunch of over paid to $$€ r $ !!!! ;-)

Anyway.. hopefully it wont be dragged out and will be over in 3 sets without the BBC tripe commentary of one superlarive after another to euligise something that is actually very dull... two gorillas smashing balls at each other... "disguising their spin... ". Great final, super, hanging by a thread, dramatic, turning point, giants of the game... Bingo!

Talking of cliches. will the winner run into the crowd and have a threesome with his coach and girl friend?

I wonder if they give the royals, do gooders and d rate celebs free tickets?
All the above get freebies for everything, half the time they're not interested in the event
I suppose if I got a freebie then I could be forced to go ;-)
You need to be rich&famous
Why you don't you just say you don't like tennis Warley