• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tennis
Paul we all know the BBC is totally unbiased in everything it does:thumbup:
LE - aka John
[-] The following 2 users Like Leicester Exile's post:
Paul, Warleybear
http://www.lg.com/uk/tablets/lg-V500

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kindle-Fire-HDX-...B00D3UMEHQ

not 10" but these are the two I'm considering on the advice of my brother....
I've heard good things about the Kindle Fire but for £300 I think I'd get an iPad. Not sure what the range of apps available is like for the Kindle?
Proud to be a Bear
With Nadal out of the US open and Djokovic and Murray in such poor form. Your man might just win another slam Stingray.
(08-07-2014, 01:02 AM)Exiled Bear Wrote: I've heard good things about the Kindle Fire but for £300 I think I'd get an iPad. Not sure what the range of apps available is like for the Kindle?

I did purchase the kindle fire hdx based on the specs. The colors on the display just blow everything else apart. Yes its got limited apps downloadable from amazon but I believe you can download some software to enable you to run android apps on it.
(18-08-2014, 09:54 PM)Paul Wrote: With Nadal out of the US open and Djokovic and Murray in such poor form. Your man might just win another slam Stingray.

Yes, I think as good a chance as he'll get.
Interesting final? Not many saw that coming. ...
No I thought Cilic might have a chance against Federer but I didn't see the other result coming. Nishikori played well but Djokovic was a long way from his best...Federer had to come back from 2 sets down the previous round and at 33 your body doesn't recover so quickly and Cilic took Djokovic to 5 sets at Wimbedon and now is playing the best tennis of his life.

Hard to call the final but I would just give it to Cilic because of his serve.

After the split up of Mcilroy and Wozniacki. Mcilroy has won the British open and Us PGA and now Wozniaki has a chance to win the US Open. She is a looker isn't she.
(07-09-2014, 12:25 PM)Paul Wrote: No I thought Cilic might have a chance against Federer but I didn't see the other result coming. Nishikori played well but Djokovic was a long way from his best...Federer had to come back from 2 sets down the previous round and at 33 your body doesn't recover so quickly and Cilic took Djokovic to 5 sets at Wimbedon and now is playing the best tennis of his life.

Hard to call the final but I would just give it to Cilic because of his serve.

After the split up of Mcilroy and Wozniacki. Mcilroy has won the British open and Us PGA and now Wozniaki has a chance to win the US Open. She is a looker isn't she.
They are very good friends, when Mclroy called the wedding off Serena was the first person she called and they spent time together. Obviously the friendship will be put to one side during the match but even the American crowd will wish her well, she is very attractive and has shown herself to be very dignified, she has taken up the New York Marathon for charity which says a lot for her. I read all this in the Mail on Sunday. I like Serena but today i hope Wozniacki triumphs. The men's final is a big surprise, i never thought a Japanese player would reach a final, he is known as "Special K"in the locker room, It is good for the game i think.
Yes Nishikori is a very talented tennis player. He's been there or there about in quite a few atp tour events this year but normally its personal fitness that has been his problem. Good to see Wozniacki back after being world no one for for about 60 weeks in 2010/1 she took a massive dive and it coincided with the time she was going out with Rory. Both of their careers dipped during their relationship. Guess that what love does....
I see the BBC have demoted Inverdale and given the more politically correct Clare Balding his slot in the highlights show. I'm not a fan of Clare Balding at all. I thinks its a bad move.

Just to say I did enjoy the BBC2 programme, Arthur Ashe: More Than a Champion, a fitting tribute to a special man
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
yes I will have to watch it

i think it's Andy's turn to win it again this year. The women i would like to Petra Kivitova retain her title
I thought so before the draw but Murray potentially has Tsonga last 16, Nadal in the quarters and Federer in the semis and then possibly have to beat the man who has beaten him the last 8 times in the final, of course he was drawn in the same half of the draw as Nadal and Federer in 2012 but both got knocked out first week. So Djokovic for me.

In the womens anyone but Serena but preference for lisicki, Wozniaki or Halep. It would be nice for Lisicki to win it after losing the final the way she did in 2013

The first real upset, if you can call it that these days. Nadal out! All Murray needs now is Federer to get knocked out and the path clears just like in 2013

Let's cheer on James Ward - at least he's English!!
LE - aka John
Yes but he's not a threat. It's like the days when all we had was Jeremy bates, we have heather Watson left in the women's but her road ends today. Really the state of British tennis apart from Murray is as poor as it ever was.

Trouble is tennis is something of an elitist sport making it very difficult for ordinary kids to break through. Cricket has been like this and to a certain extent still is.
LE - aka John
Yes my brother just took his son to join a tennis club in Walsall. The price is reasonable but the tennis coach said, even at this time of year, no kids are interested in playing. Its such a minority participation sport in this country