Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tennis
Yes, saw her being interviewed at breakfast time last week and she is a looker. What I used to love about her was the way she used to swish her tennis racket about in between points as though she was swatting a fly. She came into our lives and just as quickly she abandoned the game and we now see her so rarely. Oh! cruel mistress retirement, why do you play with us so!
(06-07-2014, 01:01 PM)paulbear Wrote: Didn't she become Evonne Cawley. Narsty Simon if you truly have love for this woman you must get her name right. Saw Anna Kournikova on the Graham Norton Show about a year ago and was not impressed. Lisicki when she was beaten last year made me want to scoop her up and comfort her as she cried as she was being beaten. As long as she knows I am here for her.

Never been good with names,i just called her Evonne
Yes her mannerisms are a big part of it....I remember her from about three years ago when she beat Venus Williams but lost to Lisicki in the semis I think...She's a very smart person and got out at the top...She knew her body wouldn't last...
Yes but that is why I am here. Her body will last if she lets me take care of her. She only has to ask. She cannot have lost my number surely, I have given it to her on so many occasions.
[-] The following 2 users Like paulbear's post:
Leicester Exile, Paul
(06-07-2014, 12:06 PM)Paul Wrote: I thought you would be all for equal pay Stingray...I've no problem with them being paid the same myself. The french open final between Sharapova and Halep took over 3 hours....

Great final today. I hope Djokovic can end his bad run in grand slam finals. i know who you want Stingray. May the best man win!!

But it's not equal pay for equal work! It's nonsense. They don't have to go to five sets.
Hey you'll be upsetting GiGi Fernandez. She would never forget your number...
(06-07-2014, 01:40 PM)Paul Wrote: Hey you'll be upsetting GiGi Fernandez. She would never forget your number...

As you would predict, I want my boy Federer to win. What an achievement it would be at this point in his career.
(06-07-2014, 01:35 PM)paulbear Wrote: Yes but that is why I am here. Her body will last if she lets me take care of her. She only has to ask. She cannot have lost my number surely, I have given it to her on so many occasions.

& your number!
And this is what happens to the forum when there's no cricket on.....we resort to attractive tennis players & suggestions for Warley's diet. Me, I'm trying to avoid gardening & housework!
(06-07-2014, 01:39 PM)stingray Wrote:
(06-07-2014, 12:06 PM)Paul Wrote: I thought you would be all for equal pay Stingray...I've no problem with them being paid the same myself. The french open final between Sharapova and Halep took over 3 hours....

Great final today. I hope Djokovic can end his bad run in grand slam finals. i know who you want Stingray. May the best man win!!

But it's not equal pay for equal work! It's nonsense. They don't have to go to five sets.

Well we can hardly feel sorry for the men.. Money is not an issue to them....They are all multi millionaires... In Federer's case probably near a billionaire.
(06-07-2014, 01:43 PM)narsty simon Wrote:
(06-07-2014, 01:35 PM)paulbear Wrote: Yes but that is why I am here. Her body will last if she lets me take care of her. She only has to ask. She cannot have lost my number surely, I have given it to her on so many occasions.

& your number!

Saddo.
(06-07-2014, 01:46 PM)Paul Wrote:
(06-07-2014, 01:39 PM)stingray Wrote:

Well we can hardly feel sorry for the men.. Money is not an issue to them....They are all multi millionaires... In Federer's case probably near a billionaire.

That's not the point. It's the principle. Frankly Women's tennis is a bit of a doddle compared to the men. And would I cross the road to see the average women's match at Wimbledon - no.
The women's final in the French open was a lot better than the mens final.even if it was my fav player playing in it..My point is that nobodys bothered. Not the men players anyway...I agree though the womens finals should be over 5 sets...
Narsty Simon, I did think of putting what you replied but thought better of it . I am glad someone out there has the same humour/ mind as me. Phew! Thought I was the only one. Yes Stingray we resort to anything whilst the cricket isn't on. Glad I decided to be a bit lazy before I tackle my lawn out the back of my house because whilst I was on this interweb thing, I saw that the camcorder I have been after for months has come down to £219 on a Tesco outlet site and it is still over £550 on some sites. RESULT. Also, got a ticket for The Who in December at N.I.A. Again, RESULT.
As we all seem to be digressing, and as I have just been doing some catch up can I thank you for a few chuckles - now I'm digressing. I am considering buying a 10" tablet but am getting confused by the considerable array of prices. And so can I ask for your opinions of good ones and those to avoid.

Well givers you something to do while there is no cricket!!
LE - aka John
(06-07-2014, 02:49 PM)paulbear Wrote: Narsty Simon, I did think of putting what you replied but thought better of it . I am glad someone out there has the same humour/ mind as me. Phew! Thought I was the only one. Yes Stingray we resort to anything whilst the cricket isn't on. Glad I decided to be a bit lazy before I tackle my lawn out the back of my house because whilst I was on this interweb thing, I saw that the camcorder I have been after for months has come down to £219 on a Tesco outlet site and it is still over £550 on some sites. RESULT. Also, got a ticket for The Who in December at N.I.A. Again, RESULT.

Great minds& all that
Djokovic has blown this
You may be right, he looked as though he could win it anytime he likes and now.......
He's done that a number of times in the last 18 months...In 2011 it wouldn't have happened
Sorry Stingray great final but Don't think Djokovic would have recovered if he lost that...His return of serving is just unbeilavable