Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tennis
This looks painful

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/28059768
Another quick ladies final... This makes a good case for 5 set finals for women.
Especially as they get the same amount of prize money anyway! Women's matches do seem significantly shorter than the men's...the final can't have lasted much longer than an hour? For the prices that I'm sure they charge, I'd feel a bit let down to only get that much entertainment.
Proud to be a Bear
To be fair the final of the French open between Sharopova and Halep lasted 3 hours....Should be a better match tomorrow between the best grass court player ever and the best returner of serve ever...
Aren't they getting a new stadium at the rebuilt dog track?
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Are they? I know they are putting a roof on court 1.... Think by 2016
They ground share with some non-league club in Surrey right now.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Oh are we talking about Wimbledon afc
:-)
There are GOOD Mugabe's
The game lasted 55 minutes - just 1 minute longer than the shortest ever. Never understood why they get equality on pay but not on effort.
LE - aka John
[-] The following 1 user Likes Leicester Exile's post:
stingray
(05-07-2014, 03:22 PM)Paul Wrote: Another quick ladies final... This makes a good case for 5 set finals for women.

(06-07-2014, 12:25 AM)Leicester Exile Wrote: The game lasted 55 minutes - just 1 minute longer than the shortest ever. Never understood why they get equality on pay but not on effort.

Ridiculous decision to give them same prize money as men. Totally unjustifiable.
I thought you would be all for equal pay Stingray...I've no problem with them being paid the same myself. The french open final between Sharapova and Halep took over 3 hours....

Great final today. I hope Djokovic can end his bad run in grand slam finals. i know who you want Stingray. May the best man win!!
My interest waned when María Sharapova went out!
Never seen the fascination for Sharapova myself. I prefer Lisicki for her smile...
I'm glad Sharapova went out - cannot stand the high pitched screeches she lets out after every shot. Perhaps that's the attraction. I bet she's not that noisy when her and her boyfriend are............ Anyway to the most important issue of Wimbledon . WHO IS THE HOTTEST FEMALE PLAYER EVER. GiGi Fernandez anybody
(06-07-2014, 12:42 PM)paulbear Wrote: I'm glad Sharapova went out - cannot stand the high pitched screeches she lets out after every shot. Perhaps that's the attraction. I bet she's not that noisy when her and her boyfriend are............ Anyway to the most important issue of Wimbledon . WHO IS THE HOTTEST FEMALE PLAYER EVER. GiGi Fernandez anybody

Yes Grigor keeps her quiet :thumbup:

anna kournikova was the hottest I think

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=ht...CHUQ_B0wCg
Evonne Goolagong
Bette Stove :thumbup:

Virginia Wade
Didn't she become Evonne Cawley. Narsty Simon if you truly have love for this woman you must get her name right. Saw Anna Kournikova on the Graham Norton Show about a year ago and was not impressed. Lisicki when she was beaten last year made me want to scoop her up and comfort her as she cried as she was being beaten. As long as she knows I am here for her.
(06-07-2014, 01:01 PM)paulbear Wrote: Didn't she become Evonne Cawley. Narsty Simon if you truly have love for this woman you must get her name right. Saw Anna Kournikova on the Graham Norton Show about a year ago and was not impressed. Lisicki when she was beaten last year made me want to scoop her up and comfort her as she cried as she was being beaten. As long as she knows I am here for her.

actually if I'm honest my fav is the girl that beat Lisicki last year and John Inverdale made that sexest comment about... Marion Bartoli.....