Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warwickshire @ Nottinghamshire June 13th
There is a squad of 14 for the 20 over slog at Trent Bridge on Friday 13 June.

Varun Chopra (Captain)
Tim Ambrose (Wicket Keeper)
Paul Best
Freddie Coleman
Laurie Evans
Recordo Gordon
Olive Hannon-Dalby
Ateeq Javid
Shoaib Malik
Jeetan Patel
William Porterfield
Boyd Rankin
Jonathon Webb
Chris Wright

Play begins at 6pm and live ball-by-ball commentary is available on BBC Radio WM and BBC Radio Coventry & Warwickshire.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
It seems that you may actually be able to see the action if this works:
http://www.trentbridge.co.uk/news/2014/j...rvice.html
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Evans and Javid did well to get us to 156 after the innings stuttered with Chopra and Ambrose. Below par score at Trent Bridge though.
Let's hope that's not the case..... I'm sure we are destined for great things!

Terry thanks for the link... Sadly it only showed me the top of a well populated stand.

Anyway I'll ignore references to slogs and look forward to a Bears victory.
The Nottinghamshire website article did state that they were only able to show live cricket when Sky weren't showing a game, as the rights to live cricket is owned by sky.

Anyway, the result of the game is unimportant, getting through without picking up injuries and our young players gaining experience is much more valuable.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
That over from Malik transformed the innings. Shows the value of a 2nd overseas player.
Good win this, we usually loose there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
Warleybear
Actually it was a good performance in the field by all of the team, with key overs from Attiq and Recordo who are still young and inexperienced players.

The only, cricketing, benefit from playing this form of the game is helping players develop experience in pressure situations.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
(13-06-2014, 08:26 PM)The Good Mugabe Wrote: Anyway, the result of the game is unimportant, getting through without picking up injuries and our young players gaining experience is much more valuable.

I've had to re-read that a few times to make sure I didn't misunderstand it. No wonder cricket struggles at times. I am not a lover of 50 over domestic cricket... But I would never say a Bears win was unimportant in any game. That's the sort of logic you normally see at Villa park during the football season... and that leads to problems.

Anyway.... Excellent result, which leaves us nicely placed in the group with games in hand. The Worcester games are going to be tasty. Well done to the lads.

With Troughton and Trott doing well in the seconds, I feel much more positive than after the Lancs game on Wednesday.

Well done everyone!
(13-06-2014, 08:07 PM)Warleybear Wrote: Let's hope that's not the case..... I'm sure we are destined for great things!

Terry thanks for the link... Sadly it only showed me the top of a well populated stand.

Anyway I'll ignore references to slogs and look forward to a Bears victory.

Sorry about the link. It might as well have shown the local chip shop.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Terry's post:
Warleybear
If it had been,Terry, WB would have been even more ecstatic
LE - aka John
We saw the stand filllng up. So it was a live stream just not the cricket.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
Warleybear
I have to agree with Warley on this one. I don't think we can afford to take this competition anything less than seriously. Our performances in 4-day cricket have been disappointing and barring a miraculous improvement I can't see us winning the Championship.

Getting to T20 Finals day would at least make the season memorable.

Funny how Evans is batting so fluently in T20 yet can't buy a run in the Championship. It does tend to support the theory that he's batting too high up in the 4-day game. Though unless he bats 3 or 4 I can't see how he fits into the side.
Actually it just confirms that it's harder to score runs in championship cricket, without false fielding restrictions and limitations on the number of overs a player can bowl. The longer form of the game exposes any weaknesses in a players technique that can be hidden or worked around in the '20 over slog' form of the game.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Good result against one of the teams predicted to do well this year. 3 wins on the trott which can onlt be good for confidence. As they say winning can become a habbit so winning any game of cricktet is important.
[-] The following 2 users Like rednalbear's post:
Paul, Warleybear
(14-06-2014, 10:18 AM)The Good Mugabe Wrote: Actually it just confirms that it's harder to score runs in championship cricket, without false fielding restrictions and limitations on the number of overs a player can bowl. The longer form of the game exposes any weaknesses in a players technique that can be hidden or worked around in the '20 over slog' form of the game.

Alex Hales is a prime example of this.

Evans is too good a player not to get it right eventually in the longer format.
Hope he plays at Northampton
(14-06-2014, 10:18 AM)rednalbear Wrote: Good result against one of the teams predicted to do well this year. 3 wins on the trott which can onlt be good for confidence. As they say winning can become a habbit so winning any game of cricktet is important.

Or three wins without the Trott.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Terry's post:
Warleybear
Very good Terry :)
Don 't encourage him, WB :thumbup:
LE - aka John
[-] The following 1 user Likes Leicester Exile's post:
Warleybear
The stream is now being used to show the conclusion to the Notts v Middlesex championship game! What a fantastic service.

http://live.trentbridge.co.uk/#stream
Proud to be a Bear