Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"FIGJAM" the end?
http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/cont...16277.html

It seems the England team management have decided to move forwards without the biggest ego in world sport.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
I for one will not be shedding a tear.
LE - aka John
Its funny how people are so divided over him. He's a great batsman but won't go down in history alongside Sobers, Richards, Lara, Ponting, Tendulkar and Kallis. He's in the next category!
In any argument, it's usually a good idea to find out which side Piers Morgan is on and then join the opposite side:
http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/04/kevin-piet...b-4290984/
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like Terry's post:
Leicester Exile, The Good Mugabe
I think I must be unwell, I've just agreed with something Terry said :-)

On a serious note, hopefully this will lead to a revised England test team with Ian Bell been given the #4 position in the batting order to which he is perfectly suited.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Good news.
Proud to be a Bear
He will always be remembered as the player who upset so many dressing rooms -

The Ego has crash Landed
LE - aka John
To misquote Oscar Wilde

"To upset one dressing room is unfortunate
To upset two is careless
to upset five is FIGJAM"

:-)
There are GOOD Mugabe's
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Good Mugabe's post:
Leicester Exile
(04-02-2014, 11:42 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: He will always be remembered as the player who upset so many dressing rooms -

The Ego has crash Landed

Maybe, but the manner in which it has been handled raises more questions than it answers. George Dobell sets it all out rather nicely here:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/cont...16589.html

One other point: if Giles Clarke and Paul Downton were prepared to offer KP's head on a platter, then why the need for Flower to go too?

We know that Graeme Swann and KP are hardly bosom pals, but when Swann was offered the chance to have his say about Pietersen he stressed that there had not been problems with him on the tour. OK, maybe they happened after Swann left the tour, but I'm sure that Jimmy would have kept him up to speed with dressing room gossip. I sense the need to provide a scapegoat and to protect a weak captain.
As usual GD writes an excellent thought provoking feature. The picture painted of England struggling while KP is scoring heavily in CC and the new coach wanting to select him will result in a massive amount of criticism of ECB. Even worse would be if Ashley is appointed he will be under massive media pressure to select him.
I have never been a KP fan but GD has given me a lot to think about.
LE - aka John
(05-02-2014, 08:32 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: As usual GD writes an excellent thought provoking feature. The picture painted of England struggling while KP is scoring heavily in CC and the new coach wanting to select him will result in a massive amount of criticism of ECB. Even worse would be if Ashley is appointed he will be under massive media pressure to select him.
I have never been a KP fan but GD has given me a lot to think about.

I cant see KP playing second div county cricket in from of a few hundred folk.

Wont he go round the world playing 2020 bashes?

Whats FIGJAM ... or is it a bt rude?

Apart from Piers Morgan, his best mates include Warne and Gough ... say no more.
F*ck
I'm
Great
Just
Ask
Me
There are GOOD Mugabe's
K P has been the architect of his own downfall. He is self delusional, we will miss his runs but not him!
[-] The following 3 users Like parkfield bear's post:
Exiled Bear, Leicester Exile, Redditchbear
It is strange though for the management to announce a certain player will not be picked again ahead of appointing a coach who might have different ideas.
Who's to say KP will be playing 2nd div cricket - he will probably seek a move to a 1st div team!!!!!!!!!!
LE - aka John
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/26058099

Morgan is mentioned on here as a mate/crony of KP so his comments about Prior are no great surprise.Even more odd is the fact that Prior allegedly instigated KP's "reintegration" into the team.Also the tweet that Morgan posted calling Cook "a weasel of a man" for supporting KP's non selection was extremely insulting at best.Vaughan was in his self promoting way no better.

"Long live the King.The King is dead" at last!
ALWAYS A BEAR
Remember that Piers Morgan, when editor of the left of centre Daily Mirror, deliberately published pictures he knew were fake that endangered to lives of British troops and their families.

Says a lot about the sort of person he is.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
(06-02-2014, 12:04 AM)Leicester Exile Wrote: It is strange though for the management to announce a certain player will not be picked again ahead of appointing a coach who might have different ideas.
Who's to say KP will be playing 2nd div cricket - he will probably seek a move to a 1st div team!!!!!!!!!!

and captain, wouldn't happen in football but guess the roles are slightly different. I just think its wrong that KP is being made a scapegoat for the Australia debacle. We'd still have lost 5-0 if he wasn't playing. Cook should go as captain!
I don't think that he is being made a scapegoat Paul.I just don't think that he was ever really a team player.
ALWAYS A BEAR
Can we not afford the odd individual though! I guess the real issue is a question of form. If he was scoring lot of runs like he was in his early days then his selection would not be a problem.
Interesting article in the Telegraph today http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket...areer.html
There are GOOD Mugabe's