Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kim RIP
Shocked when I heard this. Very sad news. RIP Jim.
Terrbile news. He seemed a genuinely nice bloke - always had a friendly word for everyone. 60 is no age - he looked as fit as a fiddle.
(19-10-2016, 07:03 PM)Malc Wrote: This isn't the chap who regularly sits with numerous different pals during every session is it? Tall, slim guy who often wears a long WBA coat is it? Always smiling.

That would be the one. He will be greatly missed by us all.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
(20-10-2016, 04:18 PM)Lilly Wrote:
(19-10-2016, 07:03 PM)Malc Wrote: This isn't the chap who regularly sits with numerous different pals during every session is it? Tall, slim guy who often wears a long WBA coat is it? Always smiling.

That would be the one. He will be greatly missed by us all.

Oh, that's dreadful. He seemed such a lively, happy chap. What happened?
No idea how to link a photo on here else I would put one up.

Still yet to hear details. He had building work being done this week and the people attended at his house to find no response, forced entry and sadly found him.
(20-10-2016, 04:58 PM)Lilly Wrote: No idea how to link a photo on here else I would put one up.

Still yet to hear details. He had building work being done this week and the people attended at his house to find no response, forced entry and sadly found him.
Pete and Simon told me and I was shocked. A thoroughly nice gentleman who always had a smile and was genuinely pleased to see you. I couldn't believe it as he seemed so fit. I stayed at the same B&B a couple of times in Hove when we were down to watch Warwickshire and he was good company at breakfast. I feel for Julie his partner and her family as 'Jim' seemed to have found real happiness with her. I would like to go to the funeral if at all possible so if anyone has the details could they post them please.
(20-10-2016, 08:26 PM)stingray Wrote: Pete and Simon told me and I was shocked. A thoroughly nice gentleman who always had a smile and  was genuinely pleased to see you. I couldn't believe it as he seemed so fit. I stayed at the same B&B a couple of times in Hove when we were down to watch Warwickshire and he was good company at breakfast. I feel for Julie his partner and her family as 'Jim' seemed to have found real happiness with her. I would like to go to the funeral if at all possible so if anyone has the details could they post them please.

Still awaiting the details but will let you know as and when I have them.

Agreed with regard Julie, having known Mike as a lone wolf for so long, he was a new man when he met her and seemed far more content.
Has the funeral taken place?
"Albion Jim's " funeral is on Mon 28th November at 11.00. Lodge Hill Crem. Weoley Park Road B29 5AA. This information posted by Jane Hyatt on Facebook today. No more details known.
(04-11-2016, 09:42 PM)parkfield bear Wrote: "Albion Jim's " funeral is on Mon 28th November at 11.00. Lodge Hill Crem. Weoley Park Road B29 5AA. This information posted by Jane Hyatt on Facebook today. No more details known.
Thanks for the details. I shall be there.
Apologies for the delay, not been able to open threads on here of late so not been able to post details.

As posted from Jane, the funeral is in the morning so will see anyone who is attending there.
Just back at work after the funeral. Must say it was overwhelming to see the number of people who came for Mike/Jim, especially when you consider it was primarily friends as he had such a small family.

Also good to see Jane again and a pleasure meeting Stingray! Apologies if there was anyone else there who I did not see; as I am unable to attend regularly I do not know the faces to put to the names.
Yes I was very impressed by the number of people who turned up for the funeral. I thought the eulogy from Jim's friend Steve was affectionate and spot on. A dignified and fitting send off for a gentleman. Nice to put a face to a name as well with Lilly!
[-] The following 1 user Likes stingray's post:
Lilly