Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kim RIP
With great sorrow I have to announce that Kim Jones passed away peacefully yesterday after a short illness.

Its been so hard to take in because its all happened so quickly. I saw him on sunday with Jane and Naq and we said our goodbyes.

In time we can celebrate his life and talk about the great times we had together.

My thoughts are with Alison and his family.
I feel so sad about this. It is also the first time I will mourn someone I have never formally met, but have shared thousands of words with on both this and other web sites over the last ten to 12 years. When I tried to log on to this site last night and saw the dreadful news, I was shaken. We have lost a passionate supporter of the game. A person who was knowledgeable and came across as a really nice person. Many will be shocked by this really sad loss. I know this is a total shock on other web sites that he contributed to (e.g. Cricket 247) where people are really upset by this news.

RIP Kim. Words are not enough to describe how we all feel.
[-] The following 3 users Like Warleybear's post:
bearsRbest, GrizzlyBear, parkfield bear
I too am very saddened by this . I feel honoured and priveleged to have known him and to have counted on him as a friend. He always had time for everybody and was genuinely interested in what people had to say.

I have shared numerous days of cricket with him over the years and enjoyed every moment of them . He had a soft spot for Sussex (and Sussex fans loved him) and indeed Hove was one of his favourite grounds for watching cricket - battles between the Bears and the Sharks will never be the same again.

A very sad day yesterday
[-] The following 1 user Likes sweatysock's post:
littlepete
I agree with everything that everyone else has said. Like Warley, I never physically met Kim but I counted him as a good friend. It is indeed a sad loss in so many ways. My thoughts, too, are with his family,
RIP KIm
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
I did meet Kim quite a few times to chat to - usually about our hero IJL Trott. He was a lovely, generous & kind human being who was so knowledgable about so many things. It used to make me laugh that he often turned up at Edgbaston after all the action because invariably he'd had the journey from hell from deepest Shropshire. He will leave a big gap in the lives of many of us who regularly chatted with him in the Pavilion. I shall miss him.........
[-] The following 1 user Likes stingray's post:
littlepete
I find it touching and amazing that so many people who hadn't met Kim understood the person he was so well, and held him in such high esteem. I had the honour of knowing him in person, something I will always be grateful for. His decency, wit and his deep passion for cricket will never be forgotten. Kim, I hope you are at peace. X
I too didn't know him personally and had only known him on this forum for a relatively short time but he seemed like a knowledgable person with a great passion for cricket. He will be missed. RIP.
Proud to be a Bear
I onlyhad the priviledge to meet Kim once and everything said already certainly shone through on that one brief time.

So sad that someone held in such high regard by so many should have their life cut short.
LE - aka John
Kim was one of the friendliest guys I ever had the pleasure to meet - a true gentleman!
One thing he said to me was that he wanted to be remembered as a nice person. I think everybody will agree that he was a truly nice person and it was a honour and a privilege to be a friend of.
Like everyone else here, the news of Kim's passing was a massive shock.

He was someone who was not only well respected, but a person who made a positive contribution to the people and groups he was involved with. It was always a pleasure to talk to him about cricket, and other subjects whilst watching cricket, which I was fortunate to do on many occasions, not always first team games, as he loved cricket at all levels.

Kim will be missed by all who had met him, or indeed knew him through here or elsewhere.

My deepest condolences to his family.

I think you would be pleased to know that there is a similar thread on the Worcestershire forum, where their forum members are expressing almost identical thoughts as here.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Its really terrible, I've known the great man for many years and what has happened hasn't not really sunk in yet, can't believe he wont be at Edgbaston next season discussing many aspects of life in general, and his whit and wisdom were often more interesting than the play out on the square.
I cam't quite believe this. I've chatted on Bears forums to Kim for the last 12 years without ever meeting him but considered him both a pal and a kindred spirit.

My condolences to his wife and family. Do we know if he had any favourite charities - other than West Ham! - who we could donate to?
im in total shock, you could never have met a nicer man.

im totally lost for words.
Keep Calm i am a Warwickshire Bear
Very sad time, i hope it is some comfort to his family that he was held in such high regard by so many people.
So shocked to read this.

Sad to say I only met him in person once.

RIP Kim
We met with Povey but we did not eat the biscuits.
(24-01-2014, 06:49 PM)DaveC Wrote: I cam't quite believe this. I've chatted on Bears forums to Kim for the last 12 years without ever meeting him but considered him both a pal and a kindred spirit.

My condolences to his wife and family. Do we know if he had any favourite charities - other than West Ham! - who we could donate to?

What a good idea. I'm sure Jane can find out. I hope the Bears win something this season - we can toast Kim & dedicate it to him.
(25-01-2014, 01:20 AM)stingray Wrote:
(24-01-2014, 06:49 PM)DaveC Wrote: I cam't quite believe this. I've chatted on Bears forums to Kim for the last 12 years without ever meeting him but considered him both a pal and a kindred spirit.

What a good idea. I'm sure Jane can find out. I hope the Bears win something this season - we can toast Kim & dedicate it to him.
I understand from Kim's wife that she and George Dobell are going to identify a cricket-related charity for donations to be made in celebration of Kim's life
"Look at the results. Look at the table. Everything else is just opinion"
This is a very gentlemanly forum and Kim was one of the contributors who kept it that way. Condolences to his family.
I didn't know Kim personally but I'm very sorry to hear about his death. If you saw a post from him on here you knew that it would include something interesting and pertinent. You could also feel his passion for cricket in general and Warwickshire in particular.

RIP Kim, and condolences to his family and friends.