are you sure the link is right terry?
Paul - thanks. Not sure what went wrong. Try this one:
http://imgur.com/Lnbd1Yp
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Terry's post:
Leicester Exile
Any thoughts eb?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-32704506
Its natural event... however population control is very important. Mother earth has ways of sorting it out if we cant.... wear a condom or face the consequences. ...
(12-05-2015, 06:43 PM)Warleybear Wrote: Its natural event... however population control is very important. Mother earth has ways of sorting it out if we cant.... wear a condom or face the consequences. ...

What, even at the cricket?
Not sure condems offer protection against the weather.
Mass population explosions contribute to many of mothers earths problems. ... and yes you should wear protection at the cricket..... whatever the weather ;-)
Especially if you have company when staying at one of the hotel rooms overlooking the pitch at many grounds ;-)
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Well this thread took a turn for the weird...

El Nino is a fascinating phenomenon with effects all over the globe including the UK (we just don't know what they are here!). Impossible to say one way or the other what the relation with climate change is, obviously El Nino has happened for millennia so this is probably just another strong occurrence. What is likely though is that in a warming world El Nino will become more likely. We need to both curb population growth and reduce greenhouse gas emissions as both represent a major threat to the future. Also good to see another quote from someone in my old (and future) department!
Proud to be a Bear
It's a good job that the trend for hotels overlooking cricket grounds is fairly recent, otherwise we could have had a population explosion in the seventies caused by people wanting a distraction from watching Geoff Boycott bat.
A friend of mine tried it once at the back  of the Hollies Stand but got banned by both the club and his girlfriend for shouting "howzat??!!" at the wrong moment.
Now where can I find a serious discussion?
I always wear protection when eating my chips at the back of the EH stand....
(12-05-2015, 08:54 PM)Paul Wrote: Not sure condems offer protection against the weather.

As a lifelong environmentalist and serious gardener I must confess that I have no time whatsoever for 'The Flat Earth Brigade' who ideologically try to convince not only the rest of us but themselves that there is a Global Warming crisis - Its utter RUBBISH! I even heard someone who should know better say the other day that it was the cause of mass immigration and terrorism.

It was not so long ago that we were being told that oil was running out - What rot! We now have a glut and Oil Companies are not investing in new drilling sites - You are probably going to think that I am a 'nutter' but is the Earth running out of SOIL - The answer is surely NO - Well if you take the letter 'S' off the word SOIL what do you end up with - Yes you've got it OIL - That in simple terms is how it works.

We are also being told that the Ice Glaciers are melting at the Poles due to Climate Change/Global Warming caused by US - Yes they are melting but not necessarily due to alleged Climate Change/Global Warming and certainly not as a direct result of our actions BUT ice flows are building up by way of replacement are they not? Ice flow levels have increased substantially during the last 12 months have they not?

There has always been climate change - There always will be - That's how the planet works does it not? There is no way that WE (human beings) can destroy the Earth - As I understand it the only way the Earth can be destroyed is by a nucleur explosion at its core? Also the MOON is moving closer to the Sun (3cms a year according to scientists I believe) and as the Earth and the Moon are inter-related I assume that the Earth is also moving closer to the Sun?

Back in 1994 a senior disciple of Global Warming/Climate Change stated that we Brummies would, by the year 2000, be sat by the side of the Broad Street canal basin in shorts sipping Pyms - I think he got it wrong eh?

It's all a load of old rollocks bit like removing the toss of a coin before a cricket game - ILLOGICAL and STUPID.
Did you not know the moon getting closer to the sun is our fault ....for eating too much cheese!!

I think you may have incurred the wrath of Exiled Bear.
LE - aka John
(25-11-2015, 03:29 PM)DJL Wrote:
(12-05-2015, 08:54 PM)Paul Wrote: Not sure condems offer protection against the weather.

As a lifelong environmentalist and serious gardener I must confess that I have no time whatsoever for 'The Flat Earth Brigade' who ideologically try to convince not only the rest of us but themselves that there is a Global Warming crisis - Its utter RUBBISH! I even heard someone who should know better say the other day that it was the cause of mass immigration and terrorism.

It was not so long ago that we were being told that oil was running out - What rot! We now have a glut and Oil Companies are not investing in new drilling sites - You are probably going to think that I am a 'nutter' but is the Earth running out of SOIL - The answer is surely NO - Well if you take the letter 'S' off the word SOIL what do you end up with - Yes you've got it OIL - That in simple terms is how it works.

We are also being told that the Ice Glaciers are melting at the Poles due to Climate Change/Global Warming caused by US - Yes they are melting but not necessarily due to alleged Climate Change/Global Warming and certainly not as a direct result of our actions BUT ice flows are building up by way of replacement are they not? Ice flow levels have increased substantially during the last 12 months have they not?

There has always been climate change - There always will be - That's how the planet works does it not? There is no way that WE (human beings) can destroy the Earth - As I understand it the only way the Earth can be destroyed is by a nucleur explosion at its core? Also the MOON is moving closer to the Sun (3cms a year according to scientists I believe) and as the Earth and the Moon are inter-related I assume that the Earth is also moving closer to the Sun?

Back in 1994 a senior disciple of Global Warming/Climate Change stated that we Brummies would, by the year 2000, be sat by the side of the Broad Street canal basin in shorts sipping Pyms - I think he got it wrong eh?

It's all a load of old rollocks bit like removing the toss of a coin before a cricket game - ILLOGICAL and STUPID.

I don't know if you have read through all the posts on this thread and the ippc report of 2013 but its pretty much fact that there has been a gradual increase in the rise in temperatures of the earth atmosphere and sea and this is nearly all down to man. It doesn't matter to me whether people want to believe it or not. I just know its happening. Forecasts are what they are, they could be out by 200 years or so.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-34915448

[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
Exiled Bear
The WMO are pretty clear on what's happening:
https://www.wmo.int/media/content/wmo-20...ear-period
For the sake of my grandchildren, I'd rather be doing too much to combat global warming than too little.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Terry's post:
Exiled Bear
(25-11-2015, 04:44 PM)Paul Wrote:
(25-11-2015, 03:29 PM)DJL Wrote:

I don't know if you have read through all the posts on this thread and the ippc report of 2013 but its pretty much fact that there has been a gradual increase in the rise in temperatures of the earth atmosphere and sea and this is nearly all down to man. It doesn't matter to me whether people want to believe it or not. I just know its happening. Forecasts are what they are, they could be out by 200 years or so.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-34915448

There's been climate change since the world began - Forecasts are just forecasts - Funny how Oxbridge scientists seem to come out of the woodwork when their funding is due for renewal - Don't believe in Global Warming just as I don't believe in Ghosts - Its all fiction - Off course temperatures have risen over the years - BUT it ain't down to man - Totally illogical concept - Crickey The Flat Earthers will want to ban cows next for releasing methane gas? Oh they have already - Well that's OK then let's kill all the cows, that'll help eh? My Dad repeatedly told me that "They say is half a lie anyway" - For every crankie theory saying 'WE ARE DOOMED' there's another theory saying its rubbish - Time will tell eh? I know where my thoughts lie and it ain't on the side of the Global Warming cranks - Its just plain rubbish!
(25-11-2015, 03:41 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: Did you not know the moon getting closer to the sun is our fault ....for eating too much cheese!!

I think you may have incurred the wrath of Exiled Bear.

No its not our fault for eating too much cheese - Its all down to ME - I love cheese - Infact had some for lunch today viz:

Mature Chedder - Celery - Apple (sliced) - Grapes +Cup of Tea.

I think there are more important things to worry about that The Flat Earthers crankie theories on Global Warming/Climate Change. As I said I've been an environmentalist all my life (+ a serious gardener) - Crickey they'll be bringing out David Icke next?
(25-11-2015, 06:04 PM)Terry Wrote: The WMO are pretty clear on what's happening:
https://www.wmo.int/media/content/wmo-20...ear-period
For the sake of my grandchildren, I'd rather be doing too much to combat global warming than too little.

I totally understand and respect that you'd rarther be doing too much than too little to protect your grandchildren but that's what my Great Great Great Great Great GrandMother was thinking back in the 17th Century when she was told that the Earth was flat and people had fallen off the end to their death - The Global Warming community remind me of the 2 salesman who sold the Emperor his new clothes and you know what the end result turned out to be eh "The King was in the all-together the all-together as naked as the day that he was born".

These GW cranks are playing on people's fears are they not? Physical signs of Climate Change/Global warming are like us English - Unpredictable. Like all theories ALL FORECASTS ARE WRONG! I think your grandchildren are safe - I wish them (and you) all the very for a wonderful life - I hope all their wishes come true - Best wishes.
Not the same thing at all, that was born out of ignorance not scientific fact. Terry is right we have to think of future generations and not bury our heads in the sand and ignore it.

I hope the global warming forecasts do turn out to be wrong because that will mean that someone took them seriously and took action to prevent the adverse outcomes. We've been through this argument before, of course, and more or less come to the conclusion that you can argue (erroneously) that global warming has nothing to do with us but that you can't credibly deny that it's happening. Swap the cheese for walnuts, DJL, and you'll have a thoroughly Fawlty Towers Waldorf salad.