Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Global Warming
(08-11-2013, 05:18 PM)Warleybear Wrote: I love this thread - I'm going to print it out - read it and then put it in my recycle bin. :-)

The politics of fear. Tell people we’re going to kill the planet in thirty years….. this means that muddled eco – fascist scientists get grants to prove that the power generators were right to jack those prices up to protect the environment with an evironmental esclator levy (a price worth paying). No answers or solutions … just happy scientists, utility shareholders, higher bills and people who fear winter. Meanwhile India heads off to mars and China ………..

I care about people ...... people who are frightened when their bill hits the mat. Build those Nuclear power stations before its too late. Two tariffs - one for those who want windmills and a cheaper one for those who want a balanced power generation and dont want to keep putting it off. You see the green activists just want windmills and solar panels. Not in their back yard though. The shire counties dont like winmills or trains. Say 'balanced' and they go into tree hugger mode and want to cherry pick... avoiding nuclear power (which IS part of the equation).

I'm beginning to wonder whether you're just clinically insane...I really can't be bothered to argue with you any more, I'm just going to accept the fact that some people are too ignorant to recognise facts when they are shoved in their face.
Proud to be a Bear

... and that is that we don't have a diverse fuel strategy that includes Nuclear and windmills ... and that the cost of heating your home is too much even before the 'green' levy is included? British Gas might as well give you a new eco boiler for free.

Lots of complaints ... Too few solutions, whilst people freeze ... worried about the cost of heating their homes.

Sometimes you get the feeling that the, green lobby are quite content for people to live in fear? No wonder there is an increasing alienation against the environmentalists. The utility shareholders must be rubbing their hands in glee.

The cost of gas and electricity, along with Europe and immigration will be key issues at the next election.
Just love a good Eco tax story... So how much are we really paying for windmills and foam in the loft? Shouldn't a tax be a tax rather than a do gooders charter to rip the poor and elderly off with hidden costs in the bill? One energy company lets the cat out of the bag and they all start to wobble.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24915128

Where is our money really going apart from the shareholders divvy, government incompetence and green crackpot schemes? Transparency please!
Don't you just love the power companies with their conditions. Really puts the govt in a very difficult position. re-nationalise it all and we wouldn't have any of these problems from these money grabbing power companies. NPower are the worst of the lot with their own hidden charges which i why i moved from them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
Warleybear
The latest good idea is bringing back the standing charge. That stops people saving by cutting use.
(12-11-2013, 09:55 PM)Warleybear Wrote: The latest good idea is bringing back the standing charge. That stops people saving by cutting use.

Yes. essential services being about profit and shareholders dividends in my view is so wrong. Why should people make money out of gas electricity and water. Its the customers that get ripped off.
Water is worse than gas and electricity in my view - at least with gas and electricity you have a choice but with water you have to go with whoever runs the water in your area. I too believe that we should renationalise the lot.
Proud to be a Bear
[-] The following 1 user Likes Exiled Bear's post:
Warleybear

Don't get me going over water ... My aunts road is half served by South Staffs and Severn Trent for Water (not sewerage which is all ST). The water bill is a third more for the ST houses.

The other thing is, they medicate the public in the Midlands by throwing fluoride into the water. We have no choice. In other parts of the country they don't do this. Some people are sensitive to fluoride.... Why are we all forced to take the 'medicine' ? What about my Human Rights?

Something is very rotten in this country when it comes to electricity,gas and water. A very alien concept to me....but perhaps the concept of nationalisation is something that may have to be considered as the last two decades have not worked with private utilities. I think there is going to be a growing need for change by many... whatever their political persuasion.
There seems to be a growing movement pushing for renationalisation - this petition already has over 30,000 signatures:

http://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/re...lectricity
Proud to be a Bear
(12-11-2013, 11:45 PM)Warleybear Wrote: Don't get me going over water ... My aunts road is half served by South Staffs and Severn Trent for Water (not sewerage which is all ST). The water bill is a third more for the ST houses.

The other thing is, they medicate the public in the Midlands by throwing fluoride into the water. We have no choice. In other parts of the country they don't do this. Some people are sensitive to fluoride.... Why are we all forced to take the 'medicine' ? What about my Human Rights?

Something is very rotten in this country when it comes to electricity,gas and water. A very alien concept to me....but perhaps the concept of nationalisation is something that may have to be considered as the last two decades have not worked with private utilities. I think there is going to be a growing need for change by many... whatever their political persuasion.

Yes what is the purpose of putting fluoride in water. Dental Health. Well its not the 1930s anymore. Unfortunately no party will ever renationalise. They cant afford to but they should never have been privatised in the first place. Another legacy of Thatcherism we are suffering for now!
Did anybody watch QT last night! Nigel Lawson was embarassing. He's so out of touch and when he corrected someone regarding the ippc's findings and got totally confused i could see the other members of the panel shaking their heads.
I have to say I thought he spoke a lot of sense. As with immigration no one is allowed to question the "official" line.
LE - aka John
I thought he looked an idiot LE. It was embarrassing. If you are going to have someone argue the case against it then get someone who can get his facts right. I do agree about immigration but at least they have Nigel Farage to stand up against it but having Nigel Lawson stand up against global warming is counter productive.
One of the reasons why the poor citizens of Sandwell had their council tax double under the last Government is finally over.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bir...m-24960353

Tears! Do gooders in tears.... Millions of council tax payers money p1$$ed up the wall - no leisure facilities and a doubling of council tax.... For those who actually pay it!
Totally agree. I pay my council tax to Sandwell Council and that was the biggest waste of our money
[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
Warleybear
I'm not against art..... But this facility cost millions.
was it 30 mil? Neither am i against art but West Bromwich and Art... really!

70 million plus ongoing subsidies. Council money then Government money and EEC money. If you read the BBC article, the key figures are there. I notice the BBC won't allow responses to the do gooders tears. Total waste of money in an area with no really good leisure facilities etc. in a relatively poor area. People (those who actually pay it) wonder why the council tax doubled in a few years. The decision makers on this should be punished ... Sequestration? A disgrace... Feel sorry for anyone who looses their job.... But this whole venture was wrong. Like Art... But this was, at best, incompetence on a grand scale on a project / fantasy that went wrong while the ink on the plans was still wet.
(16-11-2013, 06:47 PM)Warleybear Wrote: 70 million plus ongoing subsidies. Council money then Government money and EEC money. If you read the BBC article, the key figures are there. I notice the BBC won't allow responses to the do gooders tears. Total waste of money in an area with no really good leisure facilities etc. in a relatively poor area. People (those who actually pay it) wonder why the council tax doubled in a few years. The decision makers on this should be punished ... Sequestration? A disgrace... Feel sorry for anyone who looses their job.... But this whole venture was wrong. Like Art... But this was, at best, incompetence on a grand scale on a project / fantasy that went wrong while the ink on the plans was still wet.
Have you ever been to it Warley? I haven't. It was built where the old bus station was. Money down the drain.
I see the News reports that 31000 extra people died of the cold last year.