Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
for all you music lovers part 2
Met a living legend this evening - Mary Wilson of the Supremes. She was in Bath to open an exhibition of their stage costumes and other memorabilia. She is a very warm and gracious lady. She's the same age as me - but if I looked 10 years older than she does, I'd look about 15 years younger than I actually do (work it out!).
so you are saying you look 85 Terry lol. Kim will be jealous

i dont know if you are interested but the birmingham arts fest starts sept 11\13 and one of the ideas they are celebrating is the 50 years of motown i will be out and about on all three days should be good fun
Keep Calm i am a Warwickshire Bear
(26-07-2009, 10:18 PM)littlepete Wrote: i dont know if you are interested but the birmingham arts fest starts sept 11\13 and one of the ideas they are celebrating is the 50 years of motown i will be out and about on all three days should be good fun

Pete told me to watch the film "Munich" because it featured the Editors song so I watched the entire film like a saddo i am and nevr heard the song... Thanks Pete :(

LOL. Thanks Pete. :D

I think that song is in Question of sport
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

Really DD, I will have to start watching Question of Sport again now. Great song by the way. Pete has it has his ringtone. The complete song! Funny thing is at edgbaston a couple of week ago Pete left his phone in his seat while he went somewhere, someone sent him a text whille he was gone and rather than me stop the ringtone I let it carry on because I was enjoying it so much. It wasnt in the members so no compalints.

How the flip is that funny? :confused1:
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

(10-08-2009, 12:39 AM)Paul Wrote:
(26-07-2009, 10:18 PM)littlepete Wrote: i dont know if you are interested but the birmingham arts fest starts sept 11\13 and one of the ideas they are celebrating is the 50 years of motown i will be out and about on all three days should be good fun

Pete told me to watch the film "Munich" because it featured the Editors song so I watched the entire film like a saddo i am and nevr heard the song... Thanks Pete :(

wasnt the song in it then paul i didnt watch the film but i recorded it will watch it tonight.
just goes to show dont believe every thing you hear lol
No Pete its not. Its a spielberg film and all the music is of more of a classical nature. I believe everything you tell me Pete

(10-08-2009, 08:33 AM)Paul Wrote: No Pete its not. Its a spielberg film and all the music is of more of a classical nature. I believe everything you tell me Pete

paul i remember when it was released it was on top of the pops and they was playing clips from the movie.
i will check this out when i get home from work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJU-u9CiiVk
cant find it paul
one for jane bbc4 val doonigan
paul i have just listened to a digital remastered cd of unknown pleasures and its a live recording.
its the worst live recording i have ever listened to its as if some one had a little recorder to tape it you remember the ones you had to press record and play at the same time
(10-08-2009, 08:10 PM)littlepete Wrote: one for jane bbc4 val doonigan

I don't fancy that find me a Harry Chapin,Eddie Cochran, Harvey Andrews, Tom Paxton too, he wrote Val Doonigans Katie. You could look for the Olham Tinkers too. I could go on.
(19-08-2009, 04:21 PM)littlepete Wrote: paul i have just listened to a digital remastered cd of unknown pleasures and its a live recording.
its the worst live recording i have ever listened to its as if some one had a little recorder to tape it you remember the ones you had to press record and play at the same time

So its not the actual studio release produced by martin hannett. Oh yes just figured it was released soon after the death of Ian Curtis.. Did I give you the studio release.

(19-08-2009, 07:45 PM)Paul Wrote:
(19-08-2009, 04:21 PM)littlepete Wrote: paul i have just listened to a digital remastered cd of unknown pleasures and its a live recording.

So its not the actual studio release produced by martin hannett. Oh yes just figured it was released soon after the death of Ian Curtis.. Did I give you the studio release.
no i got it from the library double cd the live gig and the the actual album of unknown pleasures i wanted to slit my wrists or somthing after listening to it you can see why he commited suicide
hahaha. He did write some very depressing stuff. Alot was influenced by his reading of JG Ballard.

back on a lighter note the birmingham arts fest starts on the 11th of september and it runs through till about 10.30 on sunday night.
i dont know if any of you have ever been to it well its a great weekend and i have found out that athleate are playing on the kerang stage on the sunday night headliners they are a great band
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24-YSvcI-...re=channel
Sound good Pete

its free too paul