Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Peaky Blinders
All reality tv and these pop idol type programmes, where we end up with susan boyle who has made a fotune out of singing othet peoples songs, would go in my room 101 and Jeremy Kyle and jerry springer as well.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
parkfield bear
Just because they sing other people's songs is not a reason to criticise. Most great singers do that - Sinatra, Garland, Presley, Buble etc etc.

Having said that Subo would go in my Room 101 as well.
LE - aka John
Ok fair point still hate those shows though. Mind you I dislike Alan sugar as well so he would go in room 101

The rooms getting a bit overcrowded :thumbup:
LE - aka John
Is there room for the Blues after today?
LE - aka John
make room for that Hull v Villa game. Dreadful. Hull are so boring.
Preview of tomorrow's episode here:
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a522...r-snr.html
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
I see there's going to be a second series.

Excellent viewing... Above anything else for a very long time! More to watch in 5 minutes than in 5 months worth of other programmes.
[-] The following 2 users Like Warleybear's post:
Leicester Exile, parkfield bear
(11-10-2013, 07:49 PM)Warleybear Wrote: I see there's going to be a second series.

Excellent viewing... Above anything else for a very long time! More to watch in 5 minutes than in 5 months worth of other programmes.

even Strictly Warley :thumbup:
Warleybear
(11-10-2013, 08:53 PM)Paul Wrote:
(11-10-2013, 07:49 PM)Warleybear Wrote: I see there's going to be a second series.

even Strictly Warley :thumbup:

Is Strictly Warley a programme I've missed? It sounds good. When is it on?
Great news about a second series. Sometimes the Beeb do get it right.
LE - aka John
Now that be worth watching! Mind you Warley is not the most interesting of places except for a certain Warleybear of course.
Now that be worth watching! Mind you Warley is not the most interesting of places except for a certain Warleybear of course.
I gather Sky have signed up to broadcast all our home 50 over games next season, with the working title I'm a Warley, Get Me Out of Here.
[-] The following 3 users Like Terry's post:
Leicester Exile, Paul, Warleybear

I haven't been watching Peaky Blinders so can't make a comparison but one show recently that I loved was Sherlock. So cleverly made and with a great cast. They're making a third series of this which I think will be on early next year.
Proud to be a Bear
Sadly the BBC's other big thing - the mala campaign ... Has not been so successful after panorama and other articles this week (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24504652 etc.). Nice girl .... But run a PR campaign for her??? Is that part of aunties mandate?

Peaky Blinders has been superb... If the Beeb was cut down in size back to 2 channels and say 3 radio stations, it would be able to concentrate on what it does best.... Rather than run campaigns for the liberal do gooders. It might be able to show a little bit of cricket occasionally and have money to keep it cricket commentary going on the web.
(12-10-2013, 04:21 PM)Warleybear Wrote: Sadly the BBC's other big thing - the mala campaign ... Has not been so successful after panorama and other articles this week (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24504652 etc.). Nice girl .... But run a PR campaign for her??? Is that part of aunties mandate?

Peaky Blinders has been superb... If the Beeb was cut down in size back to 2 channels and say 3 radio stations, it would be able to concentrate on what it does best.... Rather than run campaigns for the liberal do gooders. It might be able to show a little bit of cricket occasionally and have money to keep it cricket commentary going on the web.

Not sure what you mean! The only thing I worry about is that all this media attention will make her even more of a target for the Taliban. I truly hope that isn't the case. What an incredibly brave girl!

parkfield bear
Indeed..... Totally agree.

Also, so to are those girls who remain there and can't attend a very nice school in the Edgbaston area. Hope they are all ok too.

But the BBC running program's including a thirty minute Panorama special in the days leading up to the announcement of the Nobel prize.... Why? It did come across as a 'political campaign by Auntie to influence. Let the poor girl get on with her life. Perhaps an update program - but not one that comes across as timed to be perhaps be politically motivated?

The BBC is an organisation that is too big, plays politics and P1$$es our money up the wall. It needs reshaping so that it can focus on quality (like Peaky Blinders) rather than producing 'crapovision' on its spread too thinly multi media platform... Telling us what it thinks we should hear on the basis of some undeclared 'liberal' value shared by people earning well in six figures because that is "the market rate".
(13-10-2013, 11:19 AM)Warleybear Wrote: Indeed..... Totally agree.

Also, so to are those girls who remain there and can't attend a very nice school in the Edgbaston area. Hope they are all ok too.

But the BBC running program's including a thirty minute Panorama special in the days leading up to the announcement of the Nobel prize.... Why? It did come across as a 'political campaign by Auntie to influence. Let the poor girl get on with her life. Perhaps an update program - but not one that comes across as timed to be perhaps be politically motivated?

The BBC is an organisation that is too big, plays politics and P1$$es our money up the wall. It needs reshaping so that it can focus on quality (like Peaky Blinders) rather than producing 'crapovision' on its spread too thinly multi media platform... Telling us what it thinks we should hear on the basis of some undeclared 'liberal' value shared by people earning well in six figures because that is "the market rate".

I didn't watch it to be fair but surely she wants the publicity and all this can only bring awareness just how bad things are for females over there where the Taliban are and can only help cant it? I don't know! I'd rather have programmes like that than see stuff about celebrities who have done nothing or reality tv. Peaky Blinders is good but hard hitting programmes like Panorama have got a place on tv. Afterall its real life.

If you want to watch a good film about what life was like for women in Afghanistan when the Taliban ruled after the Russian occupation then I recommend Osama. Very bleak but very real!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368913/?ref_=sr_2
Peaky Blinders.... What a series! As I've said... This is what Aunty should be focussing on.