Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notts v Bears
Ireland play England the same day this starts, presumably WP will get called up, so our batting will be strengthened. (Although how is going to get runs v Englands finest is beyond me).

I think Woakes is in the ODI day squad, but big Boyd not, although I bet he ends up getting taken to carry drinks, poor guiness or translate the Irish sledging for us.

I assume Tim will be out with broken finger so, won't play, although he could play as a batsman and not keep wicket.

Evans on fire at the moment (thanks Surrey) about time ECB put a stop to that and got him doing something meaningless.

Possible team...

Chopra
Westwood
Maddy OR Troughton
Evans
Javid
Barker
Patel
Gordon / Chambers / Milnes (two from three)
McKay
Rankin

All of a sudden our middle order power looks thinner without Woakes / Ambrose / Clarke

(31-08-2013, 05:59 PM)andrew Wrote: Ireland play England the same day this starts, presumably WP will get called up, so our batting will be strengthened. (Although how is going to get runs v Englands finest is beyond me).

I think Woakes is in the ODI day squad, but big Boyd not, although I bet he ends up getting taken to carry drinks, poor guiness or translate the Irish sledging for us.

I assume Tim will be out with broken finger so, won't play, although he could play as a batsman and not keep wicket.

Evans on fire at the moment (thanks Surrey) about time ECB put a stop to that and got him doing something meaningless.

Possible team...

Chopra
Westwood
Maddy OR Troughton
Evans
Javid
Barker
Patel
McKay
Rankin

All of a sudden our middle order power looks thinner without Woakes / Ambrose / Clarke

Boyd Rankin is in the England one day squad but not Chris Woakes. So if Chris is fit to play then he may replace Tom Milnes who has bowled slightly disappointingly in the current game despite his patient innings. Chambers and Gordon both showed more wicket taking threat and control. Unlikely Darren Maddy would replace Porterfield as he asked not to be considered for the Sussex game despite his good performance against Somerset. So could be Coleman or Hain making a debut unless Ambrose is able to play just as a batsman to protect his thumb with McKay keeping wicket.
Is McKay okay to play Tuesday?
(01-09-2013, 04:39 PM)Mad Brummie Wrote: Is McKay okay to play Tuesday?

We may need to get his mummy to sign a permission slip.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
(31-08-2013, 07:05 PM)IanBear Wrote:
(31-08-2013, 05:59 PM)andrew Wrote: Ireland play England the same day this starts, presumably WP will get called up, so our batting will be strengthened. (Although how is going to get runs v Englands finest is beyond me).

Possible team...

Chopra
Westwood
Maddy OR Troughton
Evans
Javid
Barker
Patel
McKay
Rankin

Boyd Rankin is in the England one day squad but not Chris Woakes. So if Chris is fit to play then he may replace Tom Milnes who has bowled slightly disappointingly in the current game despite his patient innings. Chambers and Gordon both showed more wicket taking threat and control. Unlikely Darren Maddy would replace Porterfield as he asked not to be considered for the Sussex game despite his good performance against Somerset. So could be Coleman or Hain making a debut unless Ambrose is able to play just as a batsman to protect his thumb with McKay keeping wicket.

I believe Chris is not in the squad because he is injured so he wont be in our side
As Sam hasn't played for a few weeks, due to injury, I'd suggest the Freddie Coleman will be next in line to be called up, especially as he played, in my opinion, the best second eleven innings of the season at Kenilworth.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Is Coleman available? There's a few Scotland fixtures tomorrow against Australia, 6th, 8th and 11-14th against Ireland.
Mr. Piolet returns:
http://www.edgbaston.com/1515/nottingham...nship.html
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Shame no Bell; Trott; Ambrose; Clarke; Wright; Rankin

Batting looks a bit thin!!!

I thought we would have played another batsman instead of Piolet. If we haven't got one then we should have one!!

However, can William Portferfield (fresh from smashing England all round the park in ODI tomorrow) come back and sub for somebody or not??

Don't think Porterfield would really strengthen the batting with his first class average of 16.00 this year!
By my calculations 16 of the 25 players in our 2013 squad on cricinfo are unavailable tomorrow.

Weve finally run out of options
By my calculations 16 of the 25 players in our 2013 squad on cricinfo are unavailable tomorrow.

Weve finally run out of options
I recall thinking when Piolet went on loan to Sussex that he might be required if injuries and international calls hit us towards the end of the season. Seems I was right.

I wonder if Woakes is playing as a batsman only? Also, is Sam Hain injured?
Sorry I was mistaken about Woakes. Maybe he is just batting. A chance for Piolet
Sam had missed the last two 2nd xi games due to a strained quadriceps, he's due to play at Coventry this week against a combined Surrey & Hampshire side.

I'm disappointed that Freddie Coleman isn't been given a chance, unless he's on Scotland duty of course.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Freddie Coleman's playing for Scotland v Australia tomorrow, then two ODIs for Scotland v Ireland followed by a 4-dayer between the two teams.

Shame he misses the Notts game, but great experience for him and will stand him in good stead if he's selected for the final two Championship games of the season.

Mr Porterfield is also playing in the three Scotland v Ireland games as well as leading the Irish against England (the side looks more like England Lions) tomorrow.
Great to hear Steff is back in the team maybe this is his chance to prove to Douge what he can do.

I have reason to believe Clarke is in the seconds today, so he is fit enough to play in seconds but not for first team, another stupid decision by whoever picked the team, I would have had him in just to bat and field, i have already lost faith this makes me believe they haven't a clue bring back great batch at least we new what to expect with him.
Keep Calm i am a Warwickshire Bear
(02-09-2013, 05:38 PM)andrew Wrote: Shame no Bell; Trott; Ambrose; Clarke; Wright; Rankin

Batting looks a bit thin!!!

I thought we would have played another batsman instead of Piolet. If we haven't got one then we should have one!!

However, can William Portferfield (fresh from smashing England all round the park in ODI tomorrow) come back and sub for somebody or not??

Piolet bats high up in the 2nd XI and has a 2nd XI one day century. He considers himself as a batsman who bowls.

We so rarely have Bell or Trott unless they have been injured and play for us to regain fitness or form. A bonus when they play but should not include them in our usual batting permutations or player losses.

Ambrose and Clarke a loss from the middle order but Woakes back and Patel showed against Sussex how he can play patient longer innings.

Chambers and Gordon both bowled well on a flat pitch against Sussex so no reason why they cannot form an effective four man pace attack with Woakes and Barker at Trent Bridge. Piolet would just be support overs.

Maddy recalled- Gordon omitted. Otherwise team as advertised yesterday. Struggling to work out what's going on at the moment.

Notts won the toss and elected to field.

Boyd makes 50-over ODI debut for England in Ireland.
(03-09-2013, 06:24 AM)littlepete Wrote: Great to hear Steff is back in the team maybe this is his chance to prove to Douge what he can do.

I have reason to believe Clarke is in the seconds today, so he is fit enough to play in seconds but not for first team, another stupid decision by whoever picked the team, I would have had him in just to bat and field, i have already lost faith this makes me believe they haven't a clue bring back great batch at least we new what to expect with him.

Have you completely lost your mind? Do you not think that there will be a good reason for Clarke not playing? This forum is turning increasingly like a football forum with every passing day and that is worrying. Rather than getting on the back of the management before the game has even started how about having some faith?
Proud to be a Bear