Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesex Away
Huge game IMO. We should nearly be at full-strength I think.

Fight-back starts now :thumbup:
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kim's post:
Warleybear
Four day cricket! God how I have missed you!

We're having a bat.

V Chopra*, IJ Westwood, LJ Evans, A Javid, TR Ambrose†, CR Woakes, R Clarke, KHD Barker, JS Patel, CJC Wright, WB Rankin

Strong team, particularly the bowling attack.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
I put a tenner on us to win the championship at 16/1 last night. That's how confident/brave/foolish I am!
Proud to be a Bear
(08-07-2013, 10:42 AM)Exiled Bear Wrote: I put a tenner on us to win the championship at 16/1 last night. That's how confident/brave/foolish I am!

:cursing:

If you put the same on us to win the T20 competition too then I will arrange for you to be committed :thumbup:
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lilly's post:
Leicester Exile
So Chopra was dropped twice.
looks like a good toss to win
Quite.

It's an unusual scorecard for our openers too, normally Chopra is the free flowing run scorer but today it is Westy in that role. Me thinks Varun has had a bit of a dip in confidence from some indifferent form, hopefully he can regain it today.
Third 100 opening stand between Westy and Chops in their 5 games this year.

Maybe Westy should play T20 to stop us losing all those PP wickets?
(08-07-2013, 01:35 PM)Kim Wrote: Maybe Westy should play T20 to stop us losing all those PP wickets?

I'm open to all suggestions in the T20 format at the minute, I've even mooted you opening the batting it's that desperate :cursing:
I hope this isn't another Guildford pitch.
Proud to be a Bear
Shame this isn't at Lords.... Apart from finals ( :) ) we don't seem to play domestic cricket there anymore. Nice to be able to go and have a walk round without a big crowd.

Sadly Westwood gone.... But a positive opening stand by the look of things. Hopefully we can continue.

It may seem like a big gap since our last CC game.... But we've only played three T20 games over the last few days..... It feels like a long time with the crazy fixture list and no cricket at Edgbaston.
(08-07-2013, 01:35 PM)Kim Wrote: Third 100 opening stand between Westy and Chops in their 5 games this year.

Maybe Westy should play T20 to stop us losing all those PP wickets?

I was thinking that we could do a lot worse than pick Westwood in t20
1,000 FC runs for Laurie Evans.
1,000 FC runs for Laurie Evans.
Does he have to score so slowly, though?
LE - aka John
I am a bit worried about the run rate but we do have wickets in hand. It's crucial we get full batting points if possible.

i would also like to eulogise about the return of first class cricket and the fixture being played on an outground. So refreshing.
Im always reluctant to comment on games at which i am not in attendance, but the scoring rate here is dreadful.
Particularly slow wicket I imagine to make scoring runs at a decent rate particularly difficult.
I think its more important we get a big first innings total than worrying about the odd bonus point. Surely we all this heat the spinners will come into effect on the last 2 days
I just want to win this match, that is our end game here, just need to pray that the pitch has something in it for our bowlers. We certainly have a strong enough bowling line up for this one.