Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeetan Patel
I got a few funny looks when I said last week I thought Jeetan should be player of the season, but this says he's second in the FTI Most Valuable Player Rankings for LV= County Championship cricket and only four away from 50 wickets:

http://www.edgbaston.com/1506/patel-clim...kings.html

I think he might have played every game too
[-] The following 2 users Like Liz Bear's post:
Terry, Thefacebookbear
(27-08-2013, 11:08 AM)Liz Bear Wrote: I got a few funny looks when I said last week I thought Jeetan should be player of the season, but this says he's second in the FTI Most Valuable Player Rankings for LV= County Championship cricket and only four away from 50 wickets:

I agree. He's also been a good and loyal man for the Club. Ateeq Javid was saying recently how much Jeetan has helped him with his bowling.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
I would hope that the club are already talking to him about returning next season. He may not be flashy, he just "does what it says on the tin", in many ways he's the sort of overseas player clubs had in the 70's & 80's where they were part of the club & team for several years.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
[-] The following 2 users Like The Good Mugabe's post:
bearsRbest, Leicester Exile
(27-08-2013, 11:08 AM)Liz Bear Wrote: I got a few funny looks when I said last week I thought Jeetan should be player of the season, but this says he's second in the FTI Most Valuable Player Rankings for LV= County Championship cricket and only four away from 50 wickets:

You and me both said it Liz. He's such an asset & always enthusiastic. He's in the first year of a two year contract so sign him up now for an extension to that contract!
Patel has played every game, if anyone should be "rested" it should be him. Spinners must get tired too. A fine player with a great attitude, sign him on a long contract if possible. My player of the year.

Completely agree with you Liz. Only serious candidate across all formats of the game I think Liz. We would possibly be fighting a relegation battle in the Championship without him.
And so say we all . . .
We met with Povey but we did not eat the biscuits.
I'd been thinking along the same lines: player of the season just for always being there if nothing else.

Someone suggested that we might be able to put him on a kolpak contract now he's fallen out with the New Zealand management. That would be a result and free up the overseas player slot for a batsman.
(29-08-2013, 06:58 AM)GrizzlyBear Wrote: I'd been thinking along the same lines: player of the season just for always being there if nothing else.

Someone suggested that we might be able to put him on a kolpak contract now he's fallen out with the New Zealand management. That would be a result and free up the overseas player slot for a batsman.

The whole Kolpak thing is to do with countries that have certain treaties with the EU.

Sadly NZ do not have the correct trade agreements for Jeets to ever be a Kolpak player.

I suppose he could try to qualify as England qualified due to residency but that would take years.

Also the rules the ECB have tried to impose about Kolpak status only being granted to players that are not going to be playing international cricket is a complete nonsense that would be overturned if a player or county denied Kolpak status ever took it to court.

It is an extension of the Bosman ruling that changed football so much in the 1990's - ie restraint of trade.

I didn't know the Kiwis weren't in the club. Still, you can't blame them for wanting nothing to do with Brussels.

Maybe we could get Jeets a Romanian passport?
[-] The following 1 user Likes GrizzlyBear's post:
Thefacebookbear
Jeetan Patelovic, has a certain ring to it.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lilly's post:
stingray
Another fantastic example today of Jeets value for us, able to swing a bat and put on quick runs to get us a lead.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
[-] The following 3 users Like Lilly's post:
Leicester Exile, stingray, Warleybear
(30-08-2013, 09:41 AM)Lilly Wrote: Jeetan Patelovic, has a certain ring to it.

A fine Yugoslav name. Parents born in Croatia?
If he wasn't player of the season already he must be after today . . . With no Woakes or Clarke our fragile top order could of cost us . . . but Jeets was there . . . again
Yes I guess Laurie Evans must also figure in the player of the year award
Yes I guess Laurie Evans must also figure in the player of the year award
(30-08-2013, 02:21 PM)Lilly Wrote: Another fantastic example today of Jeets value for us, able to swing a bat and put on quick runs to get us a lead.

It was Jeetan's 4th Championship half century of the season! A controlled innings with only one aggressive shot just after Tom Milnes was out which he skied and the ball just fell short of two Sussex fielders. From then he trusted Chambers and Gordon with the strike, taking singles when available rather than trying to beat the boundary fielders put out by Sussex. Concentrated on extending the Bears lead. Very sensible innings.
50 wickets this season
Without Jim

And Chopra in charge is he vice - captain?

I think and hope he is contracted to us for 2014.

[quote='andrew' pid='73640' dateline='1377968577']
Without Jim

And Chopra in charge is he vice - captain?

I think and hope he is contracted to us for 2014.

He is.