Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hamilton-Brown
The latest in our cricket rehabilitation projects?

Decent top order batsman, acceptable spinner and potential future captain?

Might fit the bill very nicely?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-crick...82086.html
From the article, it seems like Somerset might be his destination but if not, he fits the bill of someone who is talented but has under-performed.
The knock-ons from the Tom Maynard tragedy continue.
Views on here are my own; but you can keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
I hope we don't sign him.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
Redditchbear
Seems a good young lad ..
May be leaving for the right reasons - lets strengthen our squad.

Be amazed if we sign anyone other than a reserve keeper if Richard goes and an up and coming medfium pacer or one who needs a career repair if Carts and any other seamer goes.
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
Be amazed if we sign anyone other than a reserve keeper if Richard goes and an up and coming medfium pacer or one who needs a career repair if Carts and any other seamer goes.
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
Whatever issues Hamilton-Brown has I suspect they're not going to go away simply by leaving Surrey. And once the inquest into Maynard's death reports its findings, his problems may get worse before they get better. It's a terrible shame because he's a talented young cricketer.
Lara, Tendulkar ... Pilling.
Gives the impression of having a huge ego. Beware!
I don't think he's that good and he's on a big salary at Surrey so I don't think there's anyway we will sign him.

The times i've seen him play, i've actually been impressed, however his moving to Somerset may be the best thing for him as a person. Remember he went to school at Millfield, so will have postive feelings about the area and been in a quieter smaller town might allow him to get some balance and positivity back into his life.
Also, I believe that Somerset don't have the big 'drinking cluture' that was part of life at Surrey.
The times i've seen him play, i've actually been impressed, however his moving to Somerset may be the best thing for him as a person. Remember he went to school at Millfield, so will have postive feelings about the area and been in a quieter smaller town might allow him to get some balance and positivity back into his life.
Also, I believe that Somerset don't have the big 'drinking cluture' that was part of life at Surrey.
Rory returns To Sussex - very happy about that as he is a match-winner
[-] The following 1 user Likes sweatysock's post:
Jane