Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murray Goodwin
Sussex have announced that Murray Goodwin is leaving at the end of the season. The statement doesn't say he's retiring, just "leaving".

He's not had a good season so maybe he's past it. Great player in his day, though.
Yes hes had a nightmare season and correct decision not to renew his contract. He has however given us 12 years fantastic service, including the two highest individual scores in the club's history, and has been the cornerstone of the club's unprecedented (for us) success over the last 10 years or so.

But he is not retiring by the look of things, so perhaps he can give a year or so to another county. Hed be an excellent batting coach too, I reckon
Sorry ro see a great county player go but looks the right time. I have three big memories of him

A B&H Qfinal at Hove in 2002 - one of my favourite games - wher Sussex lead by Ambrose Angry went off like a rocket by then Ashley got 2 in 2 balls - incliding a golden duck for Murray to change the game

Watching him get 200 no at Hove batting all day with Yardy to save the game Angry

His last ball 6 to win the one day league from a hopeless position at Trent Bridge. :thumbup:

He was some player
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
Yes outstanding player for Sussex and big part of all the success they have had in recent seasons.

(04-09-2012, 09:39 AM)Kim Wrote: Sorry ro see a great county player go but looks the right time. I have three big memories of him

A B&H Qfinal at Hove in 2002 - one of my favourite games - wher Sussex lead by Ambrose Angry went off like a rocket by then Ashley got 2 in 2 balls - incliding a golden duck for Murray to change the game

Watching him get 200 no at Hove batting all day with Yardy to save the game Angry

His last ball 6 to win the one day league from a hopeless position at Trent Bridge. :thumbup:

He was some player

Yes I was down there the day before and thought we had to win this and couldn't believe when we hadn't even got a wicket on the final day.

I had him in the first draft of my fantasy cricket team this year.

Had to drop him.

If he had been on top form this season could he have cost us the title?
We met with Povey but we did not eat the biscuits.