Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a thought
England, in tests and particularly one day cricket, have a huge problem with slip catching.

They also have a problem with at least one of the batting positions where they would ideally like some one who could bowl.

Do we know anyone who can catch flies at slip, as well as bat and bowl to high standards, who could thus potentially solve all these problems at once?
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
Suresh Raina is busy playing flipped up shots in test cricket, sorry.
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

(03-09-2012, 10:52 AM)Kim Wrote: England, in tests and particularly one day cricket, have a huge problem with slip catching.

They also have a problem with at least one of the batting positions where they would ideally like some one who could bowl.

Do we know anyone who can catch flies at slip, as well as bat and bowl to high standards, who could thus potentially solve all these problems at once?

Yes I do .............. :thumbup:

Is there only one of this gentleman?

Warwickshire Bears - County Champions 2012:thumbup:

Leicester Tigers - THE team:thumbup:
(03-09-2012, 12:12 PM)jack1 Wrote: Is there only one of this gentleman?

:thumbup:
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
No idea, but maybe Pete and Publunch could shed some light

Much as I always love players from my teams - Bears and the Tigers - to be capped I am almost reluctant to put forward Mr Chopras name! (OK he's not a bowler, but an opener is also going to be needed!).

Warwickshire Bears - County Champions 2012:thumbup:

Leicester Tigers - THE team:thumbup:
Don't think Chopra has done enough yet, he needs a higher domestic average for me to be elevated to that status, he is definitely improving though and in a year or two maybe.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
I think Chopra is a good call. Root is very young - maybe too young. Carberry is a bit too old, so the time is right for Chopra who's average is improving year by yea.

(03-09-2012, 10:52 AM)Kim Wrote: England, in tests and particularly one day cricket, have a huge problem with slip catching.

Please Sir! I know it! I know it!

It's Peter Trego isn't it?
Re: Chopra

Its not always about the average with England selection.

Its often about conversion of 30s to 50s to 100s to big 100s!

That's what Trott does so well!
We met with Povey but we did not eat the biscuits.