Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CB40 Final - Hampshire vs Warwickshire
May as well keep all final discussion in here now.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
I wonder if the hand injury that Trotty picked up yesterday makes him doubtful? I suppose we'll know today after he's had an x-ray.

Brian Halford said Porterfield was unavailable due to the T20 and I suppose the same applies to Rankin. That may also rule out Briggs, who is a key component of Hampshire's attack.
Got my tickets ................ £ 40 off the Lords web site. You can also get some ones for under the Compton stand for £ 30 (towards the front) / £ 25 (towards the back) or Grand Stand for £ 50. The rear of the Compton can be a bit grim - but at £ 25 it gets you in the ground. All areas are £ 5 for under 16's. We are predominatley based in the Compton Stand. The club also has 1,000 tickets (not sure if there is the same choice in prices). The Club is running a coach for £ 20 (dont know if there are discounts for under 16's). Train from Snow Hill return for £ 25 (trains run well after match has finished). There is a £ 50 family ticket for two adult and two children to Maryleborne. Walking time a gentle 15 mins. Plenty of trains in the morning. The 8.52 from Snow Hill gets you into Marylebourne at 10.45am which is plenty of time for the 11.30am start. Last time there was plenty of free road side parking on a Saturday in parts of the NW 8 area close to the ground (Check the plate on the road but in that area it is usually free either Friday after 7pm to Monday 8am or all day Saturday).
I have booked in the Upper Compton - £45 quid for myself and stepson v reasonable for a Lord's final IMO!

I booked when Lancs were 7 down (as I had to return to work at 6!)

Should be a great day win or lose - espec if we are CC champs by then!
We met with Povey but we did not eat the biscuits.
Hopefully County Champions versus T20 Champions, some nice weather, a good game and a wounderful result for us :)
Hey Warley, looking at buying some tickets later today, do you know when the Coach/coaches leave edgbaston? Seems to be the best option I think to avoid spending month on a train ticket that may become invalid if there is a rain delay, I've done that too many times!

Dom.
The Bowler's Holding the batsman's Willey
Sorry not sure. Indeed the coach may be a good laugh with fellow Bears fans? The Chiltern line super saver return (now £27.50) and Family ticket (2 adult and 2 children £ 50) can be purchased on the day (good if the weather is very bad). You can, I believe, return within one month for those who want to make a weekend of it. There are no restriction on these tickets at weekend.

http://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/buy-online#
[-] The following 1 user Likes Warleybear's post:
paulbear
Looks as though I will have to go down on the train as our useless club expect people to just be able to stroll down to Edgbaston during work hours and get the tickets. The semi - final was played on a Saturday and as I do not have my bosses home number strapped to myself, I have no way of asking for time off because of the short notice as to when tickets are on sale. With only 1000 available the chances of getting one and coach travel, are slim. I wouldn't mind if I could contact someone at the ground to ask if there are any left but there is no way of getting through. At best it would be nice to know what time the ticket office closes but again it is impossible to get any answer. What is it with this club. Are we supposed to be a top club or do the people running it not want us to go and support our team when we can. I would phone and complain but.....
[-] The following 1 user Likes paulbear's post:
Warleybear
if you buy tickets from the club, they will let you have 2 tickets as you are an important member of this club. if you go on lords website and buy direct they will sell you up to 6 at £40 a go and post them to you for free! bet all us members feel sp ecial now eh? in 2010 i drove down to wembly park tube station and then went to st jons wood tube did reverse to get home, i think it was £1.50 to park at the tube station.
I was born a bear
[-] The following 1 user Likes swadbear's post:
Warleybear
its actually 8 in all areas of the ground with free p+p. :) Purchased my tickets from Lords and will make my own way down... Much easier than the club route....
Confirmed on BBC that Trotty misses the final with injury. :thumbdown:

Shame, but at least it allows the players that got us there to play.
You Bears !
Yes, huge problem on who to leave out if Trott played but we will have a strong side but I would feel happier if Tim could be fit for the final. Still 10 days to get that leg right. Hope he can make it as he has been superb lately.
Dont think Trotty will play with a fractured hand. Need him fit for Englands winter tour.
T20 Fantasy League Champion 2010
No Trott

No Porterfield

Prob no Ambrose

My XI: Chopra Carter Troughton Bell Clarke Woakes Blackwell Piolet Johnson Barker Wright

Maddy to come in to cover any late injuries!
We met with Povey but we did not eat the biscuits.
(05-09-2012, 09:28 PM)Thefacebookbear Wrote: No Trott

No Porterfield

Prob no Ambrose

My XI: Chopra Carter Troughton Bell Clarke Woakes Blackwell Piolet Johnson Barker Wright

I notice Clarke has bowled during the championship game so I would play maddy and leave out either piolet or barker ! Surely bell will open the batting given how well he has done I'n that role for England !
(06-09-2012, 12:31 PM)braddy Wrote: [quote='Thefacebookbear' pid='65662' dateline='1346876900']
No Trott

No Porterfield

Prob no Ambrose

No chance that Carter will open in the final, except maybe if we are chasing an enormous score batting second. Agree that Maddy should play, still a very useful one day positive batsman and a more reliable one day bowler than Clarke in recent seasons.

You have completely forgotten Jeetan Patel as our OSP and other spinner. Therefore last place is between Maddy, Piolet and Barker.

My XI : Chopra Bell Troughton Ambrose Maddy Clarke Woakes Blackwell Carter Patel Wright

Johnson for Ambrose if Tim is not passed fit. Barker for Maddy also possible if Barker was only rested for the last three CB40 games due to keeping him fresher for the Championship games. Maddy's positive batting may outweigh Barker's extra bowling option with Woakes, Wright and Carter playing as pace bowlers.
Now as a Hampshire member, it would be treason for me to comment on their squad on an opponents' website.

Oh all right then. We are a stronger squad than Hampshire but with only 40 overs a side to prove it, things can go wrong. Hants are good at seizing the initiative in limited overs games either with explosive batting or defensive bowling. We have to be prepared to react to those situations if need be.

Carberry is the prize wicket. He is in form and dangerous. Vince has a better record in limited overs than in first-class cricket which suggests that bowling to get him out rather than just contain could be a good move. Two slips please. Adams is a dasher who has had a good season.

The middle order of Katich, Dawson and McKenzie (who doesn't always play in the limited overs games) are good players but not dashers. Ervine is a strong hitter. Mascarenhas used to be. There is a long tail with some genuine rodents.

They like to open the bowling tight with Mascarenhas - who has no pace these days - and Dawson bowling Yardy-lite. With Briggs unavailable, they may have to rethink as there's no other spinner and if there's nothing but medium pace to come after the first 16 overs I can imagine our hitters licking their lips. Balcombe has some pace (again doesn't often play limited overs). The rest are pedestrian.

So long as we don't get bogged down in the first few overs we should do well. Also important to get our hitters in with overs to spare. I'd go:

Chopra, Carter, Bell, Clarke, Blackwell, Woakes, Troughton, Maddy, Johnson, Patel, Wright.

Simples!
[-] The following 1 user Likes GrizzlyBear's post:
Warleybear
any ideas of best place to park for Lord's.

in past we have parked at Stanmore and got train in, but for three of us this iwll cost about 30 quid.

i was hpoing tpo park near ground for say around 15 pounds ... wishful thinking??
Word on the street is that Tim's injury will not keep him out of the Final.

With Trotty missing out, the selection dilemmas are largely resolved. I think Carter and Barker will fight out the last place.

Team: Chopra, Bell, Troughton, Maddy, Ambrose, Clarke, Blackwell, Woakes, Barker or Carter, Patel, Wright.
(06-09-2012, 05:16 PM)andrew Wrote: any ideas of best place to park for Lord's.

in past we have parked at Stanmore and got train in, but for three of us this iwll cost about 30 quid.

i was hpoing tpo park near ground for say around 15 pounds ... wishful thinking??

See post number 3. I will be parking for free on roads within 10 mins of the ground eg. near Clifton Gardens / Randolph Avenue etc. etc. off the Saint Johns Wood Road. Hope that helps....