Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KP
KP's an idiot/doos or whatever but if the ECB decide to leak the talks he has with them to the press, how is that a show of this trust and respect?

Some England players are in with the media, write crap columns in the middle of tests, some aren't.
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

Yes and I think Strauss and Flower could have handled things better.

I think Strauss has been okay in all of it since he entered. More Hugh Morris along with Flower.

(19-08-2012, 09:53 PM)Paul Wrote: Yes there's no question they made the right decision but its the argument that he should be left out based on ability that ddb is riled with.

Anyway can even the biggest optimist amongst us see England winning tomorrow. Its a good wicket still and they could bat out the day but if they have to take risks to up the scoring rate then that's when the wickets will tumble.

Have to say I think this is the best South African team that has ever toured England. Donald, Pollock and Ntini were a great seam unit but the one they have now is better imo. There batting is stronger than that team as well.

I'm reminded of the 3 Test series in 1965, where England went into the last day of the final Test one match down and needing almost 400 to win. MJK Smith was England captain and Bob Barber and David Brown also played for England. At tea, England were 308-4 and poised to pull off an amazing win - and then it rained:
http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorec...27773.html
Views on here are my own; but you can keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/con...78383.html

Most balanced and good article on it all.

Great to see Yogi interviewed in Sky's lunchtime piece on Saffers in the England team.
Lara, Tendulkar ... Pilling.
Very interesting program on 'FIGJAM' on BBC Radio 5Live now, obviously also available on iplayer later
Not bothered about what KP says or does.

But am a bit worried that if he plays a full season for Surrey next year then they might do rather well.
We met with Povey but we did not eat the biscuits.
(12-09-2012, 11:49 PM)Thefacebookbear Wrote: Not bothered about what KP says or does.

But am a bit worried that if he plays a full season for Surrey next year then they might do rather well.

If he doesn't play for England, for sure he will play IPL so won't play for Surrey at the start of the season. Anyway, can they afford him? They have Chris Tremlett to pay for now that he has lost his central contract.
Views on here are my own; but you can keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
I hope that the ECB pay his fare to India & wish him goodbye....for ever!

ALWAYS A BEAR
(13-09-2012, 08:58 AM)Terry Wrote:
(12-09-2012, 11:49 PM)Thefacebookbear Wrote: Not bothered about what KP says or does.

If he doesn't play for England, for sure he will play IPL so won't play for Surrey at the start of the season. Anyway, can they afford him? They have Chris Tremlett to pay for now that he has lost his central contract.
Well they will have RHB off their payroll and isn't Davies leaving as well

Would anyone like to see KP as a Bear next season??

Someone for our brilliant DoC to work his magic upon??
(13-09-2012, 10:30 PM)Redditchbear Wrote: I hope that the ECB pay his fare to India & wish him goodbye....for ever!

But what do you really feel, Redditch? :thumbup:

Think his Surrey contract expires with his central contract so Surrey can probably renegotiate rather than pick up his huge tab.

It's all a mess really.
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
(18-09-2012, 05:12 PM)andrew Wrote: Would anyone like to see KP as a Bear next season??

Someone for our brilliant DoC to work his magic upon??
No because we have a strong dressing room and we don't need that upset.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
Thefacebookbear
Agreed Paul!

As much as we would benefit from signing or importing a top class top 4 batsmen KP would be a big gamble.

Even if he didn't fall out with the other players or team management would he really be motivated by the thought of winning trophies for Warwickshire?

Complete non-starter!
We met with Povey but we did not eat the biscuits.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thefacebookbear's post:
Redditchbear
No no no no no! That's all folks :cursing:
ALWAYS A BEAR
I'm guessing that he'll have no interest in turning out in the County Championship. He'll play a full IPL season then be available for our own domestic T20. Somebody desperate (Somerset?) might sign him just for that.

Good luck to anyone who does. They'll need it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GrizzlyBear's post:
Redditchbear