Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Timers
The "bed blockers" comment on another thread prompted this thought.

Skimming through my Playfair annual during a rain break, I can only find two regular county players older than Darren Maddy. That would be Glenn Chapple and Claude Henderson.

Robert Croft is, of course, ancient and John Batty is a few weeks older than Darren but neither of them are automatic choices for their counties any more.

I wouldn't call Darren a bed blocker. I hope he carries on for several more years (and gets to bowl more often). Have I missed any other geriatrics?
I want to see Darren in our team and am mistified why he is never asked to bowl. His bowling helped us win the game at liverpool with his 4 wickets
T20 Fantasy League Champion 2010
Darren Maddy's enthusiasm for the game and desire to win is plain for all to see.

As long as that continues I will be glad to see him play for the Bears!
We met with Povey but we did not eat the biscuits.
[-] The following 2 users Like Thefacebookbear's post:
Jane, Redditchbear
(21-07-2012, 10:07 PM)Jane Wrote: I want to see Darren in our team and am mistified why he is never asked to bowl. His bowling helped us win the game at liverpool with his 4 wickets

Agreed, his average in the overs he has bowled this season is fantastic, Jim should utilise him more often, criminal that he wasn't given the ball yesterday when Jeets, Wright and Rikki were going for plenty.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lilly's post:
Redditchbear
He proved his worth again today :001_smile:

ALWAYS A BEAR
[-] The following 1 user Likes Redditchbear's post:
Jane