Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lee Daggett
Just like to say how sorry I am to see Lee go as well. I know through Jane and Paul, in particular, what a genuinely nice, enthusiastic bloke he is and I hope things work out well for him in future.
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
George in this mornings article in the post summed it up perfectly. He's a great guy who has a wonderful attitude, always gave 100%. He gave me my best moment since coming back and watching Warwickshire, with a 6 wicket match winning performance against Durham here in 2006. I thought he bowled really well at Northampton in the seconds innnings earlier in the season and then came the injury at most inappropriate time, he never got back into the four day side. He might of played at Leicester but he was suffering with the flu.

Recent memories of the game against Bangladesh A sitting by Jane, Pete and Mr Rotterdam, when he put in a long spell and very nearly won us the game. He was marvelous not just in his bolwing but in the way he behaved on and off the field. I feel really sad that we are not giving him another contract but I wish him all the best for the future, if its at Leicester then I hope he does really well.
Thank you Lee
Indeed Paul. The Durham game on the morning of an England Euro game is a fine memory..... Knight took a great catch too. I wish hime well !
Lee Daggett is one of the most pleasant players you could ever wish to come accross, I think he has talent but the KOS has made his decision and so be it.

(I actually think he maybe a better one day bowler than some in the side but clearly it is not to be).

Bright and articulate I am sure Lee will do well wherever his career moves unto next. If he stays in the game then good for him, otherwise apparently he is a qualified physio so good luck if he goes down that career path.
Good luck Lee, we will miss you
Warleybear Wrote:Indeed Paul. The Durham game on the morning of an England Euro game is a fine memory..... Knight took a great catch too. I wish hime well !

I remember it too Warley, but for different reasons.......I looked at the scorecard and thought no, not worth going for 30 mins play. Couldn't believe it when I found out the result although prefferably not when playing against us.

Hopefully Lee and the others will get fixed up elsewhere, and prove Ashley wrong.
"Kevin and myself would get on much better if Kevin kept hs mouth shut." - Graeme Smith on Kevin Pietersen (June 2008)
Well certainly one Adam Shantry is proving a few people wrong at the moment.
http://www.birminghampost.net/midlands-b...-21514198/

Shame on them.
Kim Wrote:Shame on them.

Indeed. I spent £3600 on Ashes tickets yesterday. The guy in front of me parted with £2500.

In a period when the club is raking in huge sums of money in advance of a game that's nearly a year away this makes them look petty and mean-spirited.

But then - why am I not surprised?
Id bet there's less than a thousand pounds involved here. Still, it's in line with "lets try to charge 20 quid" for a few overs at the end of the test match that had the TMS commentators disparaging us yesterday.

Its things like this, two seasons making contract offers to every player in the country, too much talking about Kolpaks that, if you look at other websites, makes us at best a joke, at worst, very unpopular among other counties supporters.

Does this matter though?
I think its disgusting from both counties. Like Kim said we're probably not talking aboiut much money here. The players future should be put before all this petiness. It seems that the on-going saga between our former player Smith and Giles goes on and on. The Kolpak issue has not been forgotten.
Interesting the PCA getting involved. Dougie V Ashley - fight, fight, fight.
Does anybody remember the days where our coach was famed for being inovative and winning from impossible situations, that our CEO was known as a "safe pair of hands" throughout the game who was popular amongst the members and when , whisper it, we didn't waste a lot of oxygen thinking about the cost of a day's test cricket.

Wasn't so long ago was it?

and to answer your point Kim, I think this does matter - a huge amount - as I suspect you do. My upbringing in business was from the "friends with everbody", "be bold" and dare I say it "work on trust" school.... I have lost out in the short term occasionally because of these values (demise of Andersen), but over the long game they have served me well.

Broadly my clients now are people that I have known for 10 years plus who keep coming back.... One thing that differentiates my team at the minute during the downturn is that we are very busy compared to the competition. I believe it's because our clients like and trust us - pure and simple - and we're fairly competent as a secondary point.

If you were grading Warwickshire - do I like the Warwickshire organisation? - no, not really..... are they competent? - not at all (with the potential exception of the KOS)

I think this is a really important point. I decided not to buy test tickets - I bought my son and I a season ticket to the Villa instead - and I really doubt that I will take membership again next year. I "came back" this year but it's been terrible value for money.

Not really what I would have wanted to be saying about my cricket team - how did it come to this?
The club should help those discarded. But terminating contracts is part of the game. One of the problems is doing it so early. But at somepoint it had to be done.

This should not be at the expense of the club in a promotion battle. Arsenal wouldnt loan someone to chelsea at the denouemant of the football season

Whilst I have no problem in the descion, 'Game playing' between two counties who have argued recently over Kolpakers shouldnt come into it, especially when you are talking about someones career.

Am I surprised by any of this ? No Planning and Business practice seem to be a difficult area for the Bears. Did I buy Ashes Tickets - NO My £ 2000 spend this year is heading towards zero next year.
Paul Wrote:I think its disgusting from both counties. Like Kim said we're probably not talking aboiut much money here. The players future should be put before all this petiness. It seems that the on-going saga between our former player Smith and Giles goes on and on. The Kolpak issue has not been forgotten.

Lets hope good sense will prevail. Good Luck Lee.
Is this Mr Povey making sure Leics don't get their cricket on the cheap !
Will the Bear Wrote:Does anybody remember the days where our coach was famed for being inovative and winning from impossible situations, that our CEO was known as a "safe pair of hands" throughout the game who was popular amongst the members and when , whisper it, we didn't waste a lot of oxygen thinking about the cost of a day's test cricket.

Wasn't so long ago was it?

and to answer your point Kim, I think this does matter - a huge amount - as I suspect you do. My upbringing in business was from the "friends with everbody", "be bold" and dare I say it "work on trust" school.... I have lost out in the short term occasionally because of these values (demise of Andersen), but over the long game they have served me well.

Broadly my clients now are people that I have known for 10 years plus who keep coming back.... One thing that differentiates my team at the minute during the downturn is that we are very busy compared to the competition. I believe it's because our clients like and trust us - pure and simple - and we're fairly competent as a secondary point.

If you were grading Warwickshire - do I like the Warwickshire organisation? - no, not really..... are they competent? - not at all (with the potential exception of the KOS)

I think this is a really important point. I decided not to buy test tickets - I bought my son and I a season ticket to the Villa instead - and I really doubt that I will take membership again next year. I "came back" this year but it's been terrible value for money.

Not really what I would have wanted to be saying about my cricket team - how did it come to this?

Excellent post, Will, with which I entirely agree. "How did it come to this" probably merits a thread of its own.

BTW, can you imagine the furore (from the supporters anyway - the club didnt seem to mind) if Greatbatch had treated a player like this? I dont know what they are thinking sometimes.

PS I would have enjoyed the irony if Leics had been forced to play a Kolpak because Lee wasnt available :thumbdown:
http://www.birminghampost.net/midlands-b...-21521990/

It gets worse. Ashley's defence doesnt stand up - more holes than a collander.

And so Lee has missed his chance to bowl in a televised game to adevrtise his skills to the nation.

Nice.
This is a ridiculous situation let the man play, give him a chance, we should have had a whip round to pay for him to play last night. Leicester bowled first so he may have had a chance to shine.
"We’re not talking about a huge sum of money.”

Cant Ashley see the irony in this?