Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bears v Kent
Team: Chopra, Porterfield, Troughton ©, Ambrose (W), Maddy, Clarke, Woakes, Barker, Piolet, Patel, Wright

Won the toss, chose to bat

Going well at 6/3 off 4 overs!
Proud to be a Bear
Oh dear oh dear.
9/4.

I get the impression we may lose this game in embarrassing fashion.
Poor shots from Chopra, Ambrose and Troughton.
A great chance for Clarke and Woakes to impress.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
I've never been so happy to see the rain!

Some woeful batting thus far, let's hope we are getting it all out of the way in this match.
Nah we'll be happy to come away with a point

we all still doing the rain dance?
Yes last thing we need is for them to restart.

Seems to be a poor surface for a one day game, Warwickshire have batted below par but the conditions are a mitigating factor. Jim cannot buy a run at the moment and sadly for him we have reached the stage when a change has to be made. The first team is not a closed shop and probably Jim came into the team at someone's expense ten years ago. Evans is in form and if second eleven runs are to mean anything his chance must come. A captain should be chosen from the best eleven and Jim simply cannot justify his place.
Inspection at 8.10pm. Duckworth-Lewis will do us no favours if they do restart.
Proud to be a Bear
Has it stopped raining then? My sky subscription has expired

(01-06-2012, 08:01 PM)parkfield bear Wrote: Seems to be a poor surface for a one day game, Warwickshire have batted below par but the conditions are a mitigating factor. Jim cannot buy a run at the moment and sadly for him we have reached the stage when a change has to be made. The first team is not a closed shop and probably Jim came into the team at someone's expense ten years ago. Evans is in form and if second eleven runs are to mean anything his chance must come. A captain should be chosen from the best eleven and Jim simply cannot justify his place.

Don't you start Ken!! :cursing: :001_tt2::D

Kent 96 to win off 26 overs...

We're doomed.

RAIN DANCE PEOPLE!
That's harsh but I guess we have lost 7 of our assets which is why the the score hasn't been increased at all. Even so D/L has definately favoured Kent.

It has favoured them, but I certainly can't make an argument for us deserving anything from this performance with how woeful we have been with the bat.

Clarke, Maddy and Woakes the only ones to come out with any credit there.
This is the trouble with Duckworth-Lewis for a team like ours, as we bat so far down the order it is always going to be harsh on us.
Proud to be a Bear
(01-06-2012, 08:29 PM)Exiled Bear Wrote: This is the trouble with Duckworth-Lewis for a team like ours, as we bat so far down the order it is always going to be harsh on us.

We should strengthen our top order then :cursing:
Well it will be our first defeat in the competition. Cant afford to loose many though.

I hate the structure of this competition. JUST HAVE QUARTER FINALS.
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

[-] The following 2 users Like ddb's post:
Redditchbear, Warleybear
(01-06-2012, 08:06 PM)Paul Wrote: Has it stopped raining then? My sky subscription has expired

Haven't renewed mine since it ran out in January. They are now offering sky sports for £20 a month to me..... Can't be bothered - they should have thought about that six months ago.

As for this game....... Sounds like a farce.......