Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Jim Troughton
I think the main focus here should be that under J.T's captaincy last year Warks came within a session of winning the c.c since 2004...thats the best season long performance in 7 years folks...
J.T has the backing of Giles and appears to be leading a united team that work and respond to each other.
Its easy to take pot-shots at his batting,because that is all we witness but...over the last 1.5 seasons I am pretty sure Warks would be top of the table over that period.(I am sure someone will work it out)and J.T is the captain..credit where credit is due,we all know he aint a 35/40+ average bat,but look at the bigger picture.
and that picture is looking rosy.
[-] The following 5 users Like hhbear's post:
ddb, Jane, Leicester Exile, Val Studley Bear, Warleybear
We've had problems keeping captains over the last few years................. I'm certainly not going to complain about a winning one. In fact if he averages 'diddley squat' and lifts silver ware I'd be very happy - of course if he averaged 100 and won three cups I'd be delerious. As I said earlier - runs and a relegation battle wouldnt float my boat. I suppose this isnt a problem whilst we are winning. I'm sure the runs will come. I wish him luck!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Warleybear's post:
Val Studley Bear
(08-05-2012, 10:19 PM)Jane Wrote:
(08-05-2012, 07:16 PM)Lilly Wrote: Is Jim married Jane?

I have an indecent proposal for him :001_wub:
:bored:
Yes he is and has two beautiful daughters. His wifes sister is married to Ian Bell.(.oops I was leaving this thread alone.)
His Brothers are both actors as is his dad and of course there was his Grand father.
Sam was to be in the final episode of Silent Witness but they have had to shelve it because the storyline is too close to a current news item. It's on the Silent Witness DVD though.

Don't forget his uncle Michael who was in the comedy series "The New Statesman" with Rick Mayall. I loved that programme.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094519/

[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
Jane
Another single figure innings from JT - against Lancs today - 7 runs (everyone else in double figures - so far !). How much longer ...... ?!
You can take the boy out of Atherstone, but you can never take Atherstone ........... !
As long as it takes whilst we are winning?
(16-05-2012, 05:36 PM)Bald Reynard Wrote: Another single figure innings from JT - against Lancs today - 7 runs (everyone else in double figures - so far !). How much longer ...... ?!

11 more games.

At which stage he will be lifting the CC trophy :thumbup:

Ill have a bet he comes through this and averages at least 30 which is enough.
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
Jim seems to struggling to play positive shots like he used to. What it might need is for him to drop down the order and if he comes in at 250-3, he should then say to himself that he will play shots like he used to and if it comes off then great and if not then the match situation would not be so bad that we wouldn't make a good score. I do not know if he has lost confidence in his batting but I think one good innings could lift his season. During the run chase last season asgainst Yorkshire at Edgbaston, having to play positively seemed to suit him and the score he made and the way he played made him look and play so much better in that last home game v Notts in which he made a century and I had not seen him play that well in years. Come on Jim we're right behind you.
[-] The following 2 users Like paulbear's post:
Ebo_Tweet, Paul
(16-05-2012, 06:17 PM)paulbear Wrote: Jim seems to struggling to play positive shots like he used to. What it might need is for him to drop down the order and if he comes in at 250-3, he should then say to himself that he will play shots like he used to and if it comes off then great and if not then the match situation would not be so bad that we wouldn't make a good score. I do not know if he has lost confidence in his batting but I think one good innings could lift his season. During the run chase last season asgainst Yorkshire at Edgbaston, having to play positively seemed to suit him and the score he made and the way he played made him look and play so much better in that last home game v Notts in which he made a century and I had not seen him play that well in years. Come on Jim we're right behind you.

He hit a 6 today.

Only got 1 off the other 30 deliveries though.
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

(16-05-2012, 05:36 PM)Bald Reynard Wrote: Another single figure innings from JT - against Lancs today - 7 runs (everyone else in double figures - so far !). How much longer ...... ?!

Its not an issue as long as the team are winning. He'll come good eventually
[-] The following 2 users Like Paul's post:
Jane, Warleybear
Indeed Paul. Tomorrow afternoon, he'll have the guys around the bat as the Bears bowlers seem in with the Lancs batsmen $h1t1ng themselves! Todays innings will be forgotten by Saturday afternoon :lol:
[-] The following 1 user Likes Warleybear's post:
Jane
Absolutely
[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
Warleybear
(16-05-2012, 07:42 PM)Paul Wrote:

Its not an issue as long as the team are winning. He'll come good eventually

I'm not so convinced on the latter part in terms of 'coming good' in the batting sense, I don't doubt that at some point he will hit a decent knock, but will he ever do it consistently? I'm not so sure.

As you say though whilst we are winning it's not an issue.
(16-05-2012, 07:48 PM)Paul Wrote: Absolutely

That's the most concise response to one of my posts I think there has been :lol:

Quite.
gem
(16-05-2012, 10:59 PM)Paul Wrote: gem

To be honest Paul, im not sure that i like your tone there, in fact i'm quite offended!
Kent 40 over match:-
Caught Tredwell, Bowled Davies - 1 from 7 balls. How much longer ...... ?! I know ...... he's a great Captain !
You can take the boy out of Atherstone, but you can never take Atherstone ........... !
Well none of the top order did anything in this game and he got some runs at Northants