Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Jim Troughton
(06-05-2012, 08:39 PM)Lilly Wrote: Another poor score vs another win as captain.

Debate rages on! :D

WHY YOU NO WATCH THE CRICKET INSTEAD OF WATCHING FOOTBALL WITH AN OWL AS MANAGER?:cursing:
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

(06-05-2012, 11:35 PM)Not Kim Wrote:
(06-05-2012, 08:39 PM)Lilly Wrote: Another poor score vs another win as captain.

Debate rages on! :D

WHY YOU NO WATCH THE CRICKET INSTEAD OF WATCHING FOOTBALL WITH AN OWL AS MANAGER?:cursing:

The best team in the Midlands simply must be followed :thumbup:
Is this the first season since about 1978 that West Brom have finished above Villa. Normality will be restored next season.
Yeah I guess McLeish will become West Brom manager if he's sacked.

Am I on the wrong site, I thought we dealt with cricket here.
[-] The following 4 users Like paulbear's post:
Jane, Leicester Exile, Thefacebookbear, Val Studley Bear
hmm trying to avoid Parochialism
Paulbear, it only went off topic due to one poster calling people keyboard warriors and being an hypocrite. :( Also I can't comment on Jim apparently so what else to do in this thread? :(

Yeah anyway....Wigan do it again.

[-] The following 1 user Likes ddb's post:
Jane
(07-05-2012, 10:05 PM)ddb Wrote: Paulbear, it only went off topic due to one poster calling people keyboard warriors and being an hypocrite. :( Also I can't comment on Jim apparently so what else to do in this thread? :(

#]

Did not mean to like this post, pressed it by mistake, you can comment on Jim we appreciate constructive comments and criticism, but please only say what you would say to his face so he has the right to reply. Ask him that's all you have to do. If you would like to contact him let me know.
T20 Fantasy League Champion 2010
You know sometimes, I'm not being serious. Change that to most of the time.

No need for people getting touchy over criticism, I'm sure Jim couldn't give two sugars in reality. I'm not sure I'd say most of what I write to his face because that would be nothing as I haven't criticised him.

(08-05-2012, 04:54 PM)Jane Wrote:
(07-05-2012, 10:05 PM)ddb Wrote: Paulbear, it only went off topic due to one poster calling people keyboard warriors and being an hypocrite. :( Also I can't comment on Jim apparently so what else to do in this thread? :(

#]

Did not mean to like this post, pressed it by mistake, you can comment on Jim we appreciate constructive comments and criticism, but please only say what you would say to his face so he has the right to reply. Ask him that's all you have to do. If you would like to contact him let me know.

I've always been a big fan of Jim but I don't agree with your statement Jane and I think Jim has better things to do than respond to supporters concerns about current form. At the end of the day its just a message board, not to be taken too seriously. and Jim's best way of answering questions is on the field of play.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
Lilly
ok no problem subject closed (for me anyway)
Is Jim married Jane?

I have an indecent proposal for him :001_wub:
OK subject closed (for me anyway) criticise his batting but not him. I wont mention it again
(08-05-2012, 07:17 PM)Jane Wrote: OK subject closed (for me anyway) criticise his batting but not him. I wont mention it again

I think people have only ever criticised his batting in fairness. No one, as far as I am aware, has a problem with him as a person and I have said previously that he is a great man who I have always like personally but hasn't contributed the runs expected of a top order batsman for a good three seasons or so now.

My only criticism of him is his batting, in all other areas I am a Jim fan.
Yes i think things have been taken out of context a little. I understand Jane's concerns about players feelings but hopefully they all know that we all want them to do well.
By the time this thread eventually quietens down, everybody will have critisised each other far more than anyone has ever critisised Jim.:thumbup:

Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kim's post:
Jane
Hey, is that a Ghost?

(08-05-2012, 07:38 PM)Paul Wrote: Yes i think things have been taken out of context a little. I understand Jane's concerns about players feelings but hopefully they all know that we all want them to do well.

I'd love nothing more than for Jim to pile on the runs and shut me up.

My criticism of him does not mean that I am anti the club like many on here would have you believe though :lol:
(08-05-2012, 07:16 PM)Lilly Wrote: Is Jim married Jane?

I have an indecent proposal for him :001_wub:
:bored:
Yes he is and has two beautiful daughters. His wifes sister is married to Ian Bell.(.oops I was leaving this thread alone.)
His Brothers are both actors as is his dad and of course there was his Grand father.
Sam was to be in the final episode of Silent Witness but they have had to shelve it because the storyline is too close to a current news item. It's on the Silent Witness DVD though.

I think the main focus here should be that under J.T's captaincy last year Warks came within a session of winning the c.c since 2004...thats the best season long performance in 7 years folks...
J.T has the backing of Giles and appears to be leading a united team that work and respond to each other.
Its easy to take pot-shots at his batting,because that is all we witness but...over the last 1.5 seasons I am pretty sure Warks would be top of the table over that period.(I am sure someone will work it out)and J.T is the captain..credit where credit is due,we all know he aint a 35/40+ average bat,but look at the bigger picture.
and that picture is looking rosy.