Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morgan Revview into CC
1.Hes proposing a domestic season from 2014 comprising 14 Cc, 10 50 over 14 t20 matches both with Quarter.

2. to use this reduction to make room for t20 on thurs fri or sats.

3. To commence LV=CC matches on Fridays in the early season, on Sundays in mid-season, and Mondays at the end of the season

4. That a reduction in Team Salary Payments and strengthening of Performance Related Fee Payments be considered.

5. To consider an enhanced role for dept responsible for domestic game within ECB to mirror successful Team England & Cricket Partnerships depts

Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
If proposal 1 gets taken up I for one will not be renewing my membership. How can you have a competition where you don't play all the teams equally? 24 one day games - rubbish.
LE - aka John
[-] The following 1 user Likes Leicester Exile's post:
Redditchbear
(23-11-2011, 04:20 PM)Kim Wrote: 1.Hes proposing a domestic season from 2014 comprising 14 Cc, 10 50 over 14 t20 matches both with Quarter.

2. to use this reduction to make room for t20 on thurs fri or sats.

3. To commence LV=CC matches on Fridays in the early season, on Sundays in mid-season, and Mondays at the end of the season

4. That a reduction in Team Salary Payments and strengthening of Performance Related Fee Payments be considered.

5. To consider an enhanced role for dept responsible for domestic game within ECB to mirror successful Team England & Cricket Partnerships depts

1.It doesn't sound too bad to me. A reduction in games is needed because they play too many back to back championship games and as seen with players like Woakes they get burnt out by the end of the season. Its about time they had quarters in the 50 over game. Maybe too many t20s but its fair to counties like Sussex and essex who regularly sell out their games. So overall not too bad at all
3. Gives more opportunity for people who work in the week to see some 4 day cricket
4. Good idea
5. Dunno

What day do we play the 50 over stuff then?

14 championship games spread between early april and late september should allow for some flexibility for the 10 50 over games. Some can be played midweek, some day night ones mid-late season, they can play some on saturdays as well. Although many people wont agree I think going back to the 50 over format is a good move as it replicates the international game and I think its a better game.

Saurdays is always the worst attended day tho. Looks like little or no Sunday one dayers to me.
(23-11-2011, 05:49 PM)Kim Wrote: Saurdays is always the worst attended day tho. Looks like little or no Sunday one dayers to me.

lets say theres 10 sundays used up for championship cricket, that leaves, that leaves 14 free for one day cricket.

Keep CC same. Isn't t20 reduced for next year too, why back up in '14? CB50 with quarters is only good suggestion.

Anyway, Kim knows the drill, petition time. ;)
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

(23-11-2011, 06:50 PM)ddb Wrote: Keep CC same. Isn't t20 reduced for next year too, why back up in '14? CB50 with quarters is only good suggestion.

Anyway, Kim knows the drill, petition time. ;)

:thumbup:

The good thing is that - though Ill lose 8 days CC cricket and Div 2 will become a farce - the extra 6 days off out of 365 this produces for players to hone their skills should mean there will be some fantastic cricket
Yes but you rarely go to 4 days of a game Kim. All I think is that they have been wanting to reduce 4 day cricket for some time and reducing it by 2 games is better than reducing it by 4 or 6. I'd rather it stay at 16 though.

(23-11-2011, 07:42 PM)Paul Wrote: Yes but you rarely go to 4 days of a game Kim. All I think is that they have been wanting to reduce 4 day cricket for some time and reducing it by 2 games is better than reducing it by 4 or 6. I'd rather it stay at 16 though.

Do we know who advises Morgan in this review? Or is he the tongue of all knowledge and all things good?
He talked to estimates of between 100 and 300 people - including some spectators as well as members. Camt have been many of latter - one man, his dog and maybe one more
(23-11-2011, 07:42 PM)Paul Wrote: Yes but you rarely go to 4 days of a game Kim. All I think is that they have been wanting to reduce 4 day cricket for some time and reducing it by 2 games is better than reducing it by 4 or 6. I'd rather it stay at 16 though.

No, I choose. Now I have less choice.

Does anyone really think 6 less days make a difference? Because if you have to make a change you need a damn good reason
Keep the CC the same.

KEEP THE CC THE SAME.

[b]KEEP THE CC THE SAME GODAMMIT!!!

I dont care what they do to the other stuff, just feel i should mention that they should not alter the format of the County Championship.:001_smile:
[-] The following 4 users Like bear4life's post:
GrizzlyBear, Kim, Leicester Exile, Redditchbear
(23-11-2011, 09:26 PM)bear4life Wrote: Keep the CC the same.

KEEP THE CC THE SAME.

I dont care what they do to the other stuff, just feel i should mention that they should not alter the format of the County Championship.:001_smile:

Would be incredibly brainless to change something that has produced(along with South Africa ;) ) the number 1 test team.
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

KEEP THE CC THE SAME.

And here's another thought - let's keep the County Championship the same.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
(23-11-2011, 11:05 PM)ddb Wrote:

KEEP THE CC THE SAME.

Would be incredibly brainless to change something that has produced(along with South Africa ;) ) the number 1 test team.

Thats true, Its the one day side that has struggled forever really. I think going back to 50 overs is the right move

Mixed reactions from the counties:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket...eport.html
From Sussex comes the ultimate heresy, the thought that we all have but are not allowed to utter:
"Our prime aim is not to generate England players,” said Dave Brooks, the club’s chief executive. “We do that as a by-product of building a successful and sustainable county."
What says our own dear leader?
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Jim Cumbes "Members will be upset [by the cut to championship cricket] but it is about asking the guys who don’t come.".

Interesting philosphy.