Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hampshire v Bears
Big game ahead.

1/ Anyone going?

2/ There is an ODI on sunday and then not one until friday .... maybe that is so a CC match can be on TV? Could it be ourselves on Sky?

3/ I can't see many team changes unless Barker comes in for one of the bowlers.
going monday & hope to go last day
Keep Calm i am a Warwickshire Bear
(10-09-2011, 01:53 PM)andrew Wrote: Big game ahead.

1/ Anyone going?

2/ There is an ODI on sunday and then not one until friday .... maybe that is so a CC match can be on TV? Could it be ourselves on Sky?

3/ I can't see many team changes unless Barker comes in for one of the bowlers.
The first three days are on skysports 1 the 4th day is on sky sports 2. Guess it has a very good chance of being the featured game, although they can easily move to Taunton if it looks more likely they will win it

I would bring in Maddy for Porterfield for the last game
[-] The following 2 users Like rednalbear's post:
IanBear, Jane
My dilemma is -
My very good friend Keith who is a lifelong Lancashire supporter is coming down to Bristol next week so that we can go to Taunton to watch Lancashire (as he hopes) win the Championship. We arranged this at the beginning of the season when I truly didn't think the Bears would be featuring in the title race.
How far on the journey can I get before he realises we are bound for Southampton?
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
(10-09-2011, 06:15 PM)Terry Wrote: My dilemma is -
My very good friend Keith who is a lifelong Lancashire supporter is coming down to Bristol next week so that we can go to Taunton to watch Lancashire (as he hopes) win the Championship. We arranged this at the beginning of the season when I truly didn't think the Bears would be featuring in the title race.
How far on the journey can I get before he realises we are bound for Southampton?

blindfold required, methinks
I was born a bear
(10-09-2011, 06:15 PM)Terry Wrote: My dilemma is -

Just tell him that u will be taking the "scenic route" to Taunton
Ah Well...Its a one game season now.
I think Giles would rather have Hants away than Somerset away.
Lancs have a history of being chokers and Warks have a momentum going.
If I was going to have a punt??
Warks just about but it could be a last day nail chomper.
Who would of backed Westwood and Troughton getting the scores they achieved against Notts??
Mon to Thurs are going to be quaky,quaky..but I feel Warks are going to bring the Champs flag back....hopefully.
C.C cricket is the true benchmark of a team......and the league dont lie..Warks are a bloody good outfit.
Credit to Giles and the players,staff etc.
Its going to seem a long time till April.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hhbear's post:
bear4life
If I have to hear any more sentimental codswallop being spewed out by journo's saying 'What a wonderful story it would be for Lancashire to win the title because they have won it since who cares'...I will bloody scream!!
I'm a horrid bint.....apparently!
[-] The following 2 users Like Val Studley Bear's post:
Durhampeter, littlepete
i am just praying it ends up as a bears win & on the bonus side i will be £75 better off:thumbup:, dont care about any other county apart from warwickshire once a bear always a bear
Keep Calm i am a Warwickshire Bear
Part of me says go and part of me says switch the lightbulb off for a few days, hide behind the soya and wait to see what happens. The car is fully fueled in case.
(11-09-2011, 12:42 AM)hhbear Wrote: Ah Well...Its a one game season now.
I think Giles would rather have Hants away than Somerset away.
Lancs have a history of being chokers and Warks have a momentum going.
If I was going to have a punt??
Warks just about but it could be a last day nail chomper.
Who would of backed Westwood and Troughton getting the scores they achieved against Notts??
Mon to Thurs are going to be quaky,quaky..but I feel Warks are going to bring the Champs flag back....hopefully.
C.C cricket is the true benchmark of a team......and the league don't lie..Warks are a bloody good outfit.
Credit to Giles and the players,staff etc.
Its going to seem a long time till April.

We will be there all 4 days weather permitting I don't bite my finger nails but I sit on my hands when nervous so I expect to have loss of blood to those areas.

T20 Fantasy League Champion 2010
(11-09-2011, 09:06 AM)littlepete Wrote: i am just praying it ends up as a bears win & on the bonus side i will be £75 better off:thumbup:, dont care about any other county apart from warwickshire once a bear always a bear

No I don't either but unfortunately..and as per usual, the media are sucking up to Lancashire big time.
(11-09-2011, 08:37 AM)Val Bear Wrote: If I have to hear any more sentimental codswallop being spewed out by journo's saying 'What a wonderful story it would be for Lancashire to win the title because they have won it since who cares'...I will bloody scream!!

Is that the same journo who called out the pitch inspectors back in May..... :lol:
Unfortunately...it's one of the few I do actually like, Paul Newman of the Daily Mail.
(11-09-2011, 09:06 AM)littlepete Wrote: i am just praying it ends up as a bears win & on the bonus side i will be £75 better off:thumbup:, dont care about any other county apart from warwickshire once a bear always a bear
Thats a night out in town then Pete :thumbup:

Looks like our game is the featured game next week on sky

I do not have Sky - Is anyone going to record it. If they can and put it onto some DVD's, I can edit it (take out all the adverts, etc ) and do copies for anyone who wants one. Obviously we would have to get the right result to make it worthwhile watching. The thought of not doing so is a frightening thought. The titles I can remember us winning, were fairly straightforward and the last one was won without even setting foot on the pitch as Middlesex did us a favour by beating Sussex whilst the players were doing a bit of training at Edgbaston. All our wins this season have been by huge margins unlike Lancashire who have had 2 tight games against Yorkshire and yesterdays game v Hampshire. They always moan about the weather when they don't win it and I cannot believe with all the bad luck we have had (8 point deduction, bad light, international call ups to 5 players ) that we can have any more now and this is our time. For anyone who is interested, I have put the wickets from yesterdays match on 'You Tube' . The picture is a bit blurred and I haven't quite grasped filming from distance. Just type in Warwickshire v Notts.... and it should come up. For all you lucky people going to The Rose Bowl, have a great time, take some pictures and let the lads know you are behind them.
(11-09-2011, 09:54 AM)Warleybear Wrote: Part of me says go and part of me says switch the lightbulb off for a few days, hide behind the soya and wait to see what happens. The car is fully fueled in case.

That's a lot of beans - hide behind the chip(endale)s instead :thumbup:
LE - aka John
[-] The following 2 users Like Leicester Exile's post:
Paul, Warleybear
(11-09-2011, 01:17 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote:
(11-09-2011, 09:54 AM)Warleybear Wrote: Part of me says go and part of me says switch the lightbulb off for a few days, hide behind the soya and wait to see what happens. The car is fully fueled in case.

That's a lot of beans - hide behind the chip(endale)s instead :thumbup:

Its an ipod mistake........ Honest :)