Varun Chopra
Jim Troughton
Chris Metters
Boyd Rankin
Keith Barker
Overseas players
Another player,
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player of the year
i had to show my alegence to Clarke, but to be fair i do think they both deserve the award as joint player of the year as both players have done so much this season.
thats what i think any how.
Keep Calm i am a Warwickshire Bear
Woakes all day long, the amount of wickets taken in so few games and game changing knocks with the bat make this a very easy decision.

The one day fiormat doesn't really count as everyone was so poor with the exception of Porterfield early doors and Piolet with the ball.
Me too for CW.
Best Newcomer - Chris Metters by a mile.
Most Improved Player - so many in Ambrose, Clarke, Barker, Chopra and Rankin
LE - aka John
Woakes for me, and by some distance. I figured at the start of the season that to be in genuine all-rounder class he needed c. 750 runs and c. 50 wickets. He's got one of those and isn't far off the other. Barker, Clarke, Ambrose, Boyd and Metters have all be impressive too.

Don't think we're much nearer to solving our top order problems though. Chopra's average is boosted by scoring basically half of his season's runs in two big knocks but at least he scored them. I'm afraid Westwood, Troughton and (to a lesser extent) Porterfield have all been disappointing.
Lara, Tendulkar ... Pilling.
Barker and Metters have both been really impressive this season, and definitely a big shout out for all of our 3 overseas players this season, who have all contributed at some point this season.

Dom.
The Bowler's Holding the batsman's Willey
Should we get a trophy made up?

And presnted?
Jane has something in mind andrew as long as the winner is a villa fan, which looks very likely now.

Yes I have LOL
T20 Fantasy League Champion 2010
cricket is a game of facts and figures so Chris Woakes obviously wins on those grounds. Ricky Clarke has bowled quickly at times and is a trier, his catching is on a par with Ostler. He seems to have contributed more this season and perhaps his best years are to come. Third i would nominate Tim Ambrose who has been brilliant keeping wicket and has recaptured some batting form.
[-] The following 1 user Likes parkfield bear's post:
Warleybear
Welcome parkfield bear, dont forget the poll :001_smile:

(07-09-2011, 07:29 PM)Paul Wrote: Jane has something in mind andrew as long as the winner is a villa fan, which looks very likely now.

Didn't know CW was a Villan - can I change my vote :thumbup:
LE - aka John
nope sorry, and theres no Ian Westwood on the list unfortunately. Don't know if theres any more blues fans in the team

When does this poll close?
I shall present Chris with his trophy on Saturday...my genitalia :).
you can only do that on Wednesday evenings Lilly

I presented Chris Woakes his trophy @ Edgbaston yesterday, he was thrilled. I am struggling to get the picture off my phone sorry. Sent Kim and Paul a copy so hope it appears on here soon. He did ask for the details of the site which I gladly gave him and he will check in occasionally to see whats going on.
T20 Fantasy League Champion 2010
(14-12-2011, 10:17 PM)Jane Wrote: I presented Chris Woakes his trophy @ Edgbaston yesterday, he was thrilled. I am struggling to get the picture off my phone sorry. Sent Kim and Paul a copy so hope it appears on here soon. He did ask for the details of the site which I gladly gave him and he will check in occasionally to see whats going on.

Was it a good bash Jane? I had hoped to be able to get along for a mince pie and drink but couldn't get away from work. Pete tells me that Trotty has signed up a new contract 2015 as well - so pleased. Not that I thought he would ever leave the bears.
here it is

Attached Files Image(s)

Chris Wright now has more CC wickets in a season since any Warwicks bowler since 1998, I think.

He gets my vote
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
Chris Wright now has more CC wickets in a season since any Warwicks bowler since 1998, I think.

He gets my vote
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions