Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bears v Notts
Three days to go......

I assume the team will largely be unchanged unless Rankin comes in for Wright or even Metters if the pitch is for seamers not spinners.
If the match goes into a fourth day I shall be in attendance on the Saturday - shock horror!! :D
OMG!!!
A meet up HAS to happen!
Can we get WB on board as well?

Planning to go Saturday too but might squeeze in Thursday if the weather's ok.
I'm a horrid bint.....apparently!
will be there friday from lunch onwards and saturday from the start.
(04-09-2011, 03:30 PM)Val Bear Wrote: OMG!!!
A meet up HAS to happen!

I'll be available briefly to autograph memorabilia.
I think we should arrange a final day at Edgbaston Bears Fans meet up.
(04-09-2011, 04:05 PM)Val Bear Wrote: I think we should arrange a final day at Edgbaston Bears Fans meet up.

I'll pre warn you, the papparazzi are always somewhere close by when I am around.
I am that papparazzi!!
My Facebook is full of candid shots of unsuspecting cricket fans....I think I have papped Warely Bear eating his chips at the back of the Eric Hollies, just need confirmation!! ;)
Isn't Littlepete the paparazzi?
Never thought about looking for a chip eater at the back of the EH stand.
LE - aka John
Pete does the action shots...I do the papping!
You can't miss him..completely empty stand and sat in the middle on the back row...let's see if I can upload photo and maybe WB will confirm yes or no but the guy is definitely eating chips

Attached Files Image(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Val Studley Bear's post:
Warleybear
That's Billy No-Mates :lol:
LE - aka John
[-] The following 2 users Like Leicester Exile's post:
Val Studley Bear, Warleybear
(04-09-2011, 03:00 PM)andrew Wrote: Three days to go......

I assume the team will largely be unchanged unless Rankin comes in for Wright or even Metters if the pitch is for seamers not spinners.

Hi Andrew, I don't really think we need to tinker with the line-up too much. Wright was arguably our best bowler against Yorkshire so cant see him being left out. I don't know what type of wicket should be prepared. If we produced a green seamer then we could leave out Metters and play Rankin but that would be too risky if lost the toss. So we need a good wicket and a balanced attack and a highly charged performance.

(04-09-2011, 05:14 PM)Val Bear Wrote: Pete does the action shots...I do the papping!
You can't miss him..completely empty stand and sat in the middle on the back row...let's see if I can upload photo and maybe WB will confirm yes or no but the guy is definitely eating chips

Looks like chips to me :)

The place to go with your chips when the bears are having a bad day at the office and gently seeth :)
So it is you!!
We were all saying 'Who's that sitting up there with the stand all to himself?'
I said I think that's the elusive Warley Bear. Love it!
So WB's real name is Billy :thumbup:
LE - aka John
i will be in attendance on wednesday all day Thursday & Fiday after lunch and all day Saturday, what ever you do dont let paul take any pictures he is rubbish, after the game on saturday we went to the menbers to have a beer with Bob Clarke, Rikki, Harriett, and all the kids was in attendace, i asked paul to take a photo of us all and ended up with half of Bob. :cursing:
Keep Calm i am a Warwickshire Bear
Half a Bob = a Tanner
LE - aka John
[-] The following 1 user Likes Leicester Exile's post:
Paul
12 hours before the biggest game of the season and no preview/team news on the warwickshire website !! how poor is that ??anyway good luck to the team whoever is selected !!
As it starts on Wednesday, surly it war 34 hours and 43 minutes at teh time of your post?
It' Nord alto torvo di s.
spiega con la maggior parte yorkshiremen sono bastardi miseri

I've got this down as a draw for 7 points in my book........ Don't know where that leaves us?