Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimbabwe
Started well vs Pakistan. With the opener like 80 off 300 balls. Pakistan's attack looks weak bar Ajmal.

Good decision by the BCCI to get them back in. Shame they won't be playing England in the next 8 years, would have put up a better showing than India! :(
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

First day of the test Ajmal takes 3 of the 4 wickets. I thought Jumaid Khan was good for lancs. Is it a very flat wicket?

Yes probably. But apparently the other two bowlers look less threatening than Sree and RP.

Not sure Pakistan will bat that well either. Could be a surprise...

Hey DD, how come they won't be playing England in the next 8 years, do you know? I think they're a reasonably impressive side, would be interested to see us against them on an away tour for example, I still think we'd win, but just for a bit of a change really, think there is a lot of talent in and around Zimbabwe at the moment.

Dom.
The Bowler's Holding the batsman's Willey
Politics I guess.

Played Ajmal ok but collapse to Hafeez:thumbdown:

yes your prediction for this match is right up there with Kim's best...:thumbup:

The reason England are not playing Zimbabwe is that the country is still ruled by a racist tyrannical criminal thug who mistreats his population and has bankrupted what should be a prosperous country.

It' Nord alto torvo di s.
spiega con la maggior parte yorkshiremen sono bastardi miseri

(04-09-2011, 07:33 PM)Tall Bear Wrote: The reason England are not playing Zimbabwe is that the country is still ruled by a racist tyrannical criminal thug who mistreats his population and has bankrupted what should be a prosperous country.

I get that, players don't deserve to be punished though imo. I havent seen many teams try harder.

(04-09-2011, 10:08 PM)ddb Wrote:
(04-09-2011, 07:33 PM)Tall Bear Wrote: The reason England are not playing Zimbabwe is that the country is still ruled by a racist tyrannical criminal thug who mistreats his population and has bankrupted what should be a prosperous country.

I get that, players don't deserve to be punished though imo. I havent seen many teams try harder.

true but it would be hypoctitical if we did play them.

The problem was the Mugabe regime controlled the cricket board and was picking the side on non-cricket reasons.
Until 2003 they had a good side, world cup semi finalists in 1999 remember, but Streak, the Flowers and others were forced out of the side and the administration of cricket was handed to Mugabe appointees who were not up to the task.
Large amounts of ICC and other funding from cricket was diverted into the pockets of the incompetent mugabe appointed administrators and others.

The was a damming ICC report into the management of Zimbabwe cricket, actually mismanagement, that was never publicly published, thanks to the bcci!

Recently there have been some changes in the management of the sport and structure of Zimbabwe cricket, which has meant that people like Heath Streak have returned help the team, however the country, despite the recent election rejecting Zanu PF, Mugabe's party. Mugabe still rules the country and continues his policy of taking land from the farm owners to allow the thugs who supported him to mismanage the land.

I get the problems with Mugabe, but if they're playing test cricket again, and the ICC is fine with it, it seems odd to me a country can just say that they don't want to play another when others continue to play them.

Dom.
The Bowler's Holding the batsman's Willey
It's part of been a democratic nation. As a country we believe that there is a certain level of human rights that if not provided make the offending country unacceptable to deal with.

Obviously, that line moves depending on the nature of the government here, and some would say financial and political expediency.

Both the current and previous governments of the UK have strongly discouraged sporting and trading links with Zimbabwe.

(As this is my final post here, I'm not going to hold back)

[Seems the 'thought police' have censored my post, yet again.]

As I had said before, there are some people who do not believe in freedom of thought and ideas and think that acting in a way espoused by a tyranical bully like Mugabe is right.

Anyway, "so long and thanks for all the fish"