Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test & riots
Just had article on radio4 about test match & possible implications of riots - deploying police resources when there is disorder on the streets. I've just gone into work in Brum & the sandwich shop I was in yesterday has been wrecked. This is my city & these scum bags have no right to behave like this. Sorry but it makes me so mad.
The Test Match should be cancelled, as should other sporting events in this country. There are things in this country that need dealing with. This is not giving into the pack - Additional pressure on the Police is not what is required at the moment. Whether you live in a city or a lovely little village, I'm afraid we all have to accept responsibility for allowing things to get to this tipping point. The 'do gooders' allowing a ferrel generation developing who have no hope - student debts (The industry of the University - 'false hope' - hand out degrees to every one for a substantial fee) or the latest wave of imigration 'taking' jobs from a now diverse society that needs to 'bed down' and intergrate from the rapid changes of the last two decades; making an unhappy situation even worse where people were allowed to believe that a 'riot' was an easy option irrespective of their parents 'social class'.

Cancel the test match to allow the police to sort this out. We should all spend the next 5 days contemplating how we have allowed this to happen to this country. There are a lot of good young people around from all sorts sof back grounds - I hope their efforts over the next few years are rewarded during these difficult / ugly times.

Very angry............ some people at the top need to consider their positions. Perhaps its a simplistic view without writing an essay - But this country has changed whilst we have been all keeping our heads in the sand.
If postponed they might be able to reschedule for after the Oval match and relocate any Warwickshire home matches that clash to New Road or somewhere?
Not sure I understand how I am responsible for creating these mindless yobs ! Allowing the do-gooders to take over and allowing mass imigration without proper infrastructure being in place has been somethings outside my control. The only democratic tool I have for changing things has been the ballot box and the alternative options have not been there for a generation.

The activities of the peaceful majority should not be affected. Are police really needed at cricket matches - there are enough stewards around. And anyway if there are not enough police maybe "those at the top" will see we need to recruit more.
LE - aka John
Not sure what its got to do with imigration LE. In a country where you have such a big divide between the have and have nots these things can kick off. I was vey much a victim of the handsworth riots in the 80s. My heart goes out to the victims of this
The club have issued a statement confirming the game will commence as scheduled, and will make a further announcement if anything changes.

The ground is looking magnificent and the media seem happy with their new facilities.
It' Nord alto torvo di s.
spiega con la maggior parte yorkshiremen sono bastardi miseri

(09-08-2011, 10:33 AM)Paul Wrote: In a country where you have such a big divide between the have and have nots these things can kick off.

Hmmm - given that most of them look pretty well-fed, fashionably dressed and that the trouble is being co-ordinated over social network sites using Blackberries I'm not sure this argument bears much scrutiny.

I'd also dispute the fact being propogated by the usual leftie suspects that there's any real poverty in this country any more given the cradle to grave welfare state we've created that's pretty much bankrupted us.

This is gansta-chic made flesh - nothing more nothing less and I'm afraid I'm in the WB/Daily Mail camp on this one. Bring out the water cannons and rubber bullets.

But no need to cancel the test match with 5 more days of tweaking Juinior's tail to come! :thumbdown:

[-] The following 2 users Like DaveC's post:
SJL, Will the Bear
(09-08-2011, 08:44 AM)stingray Wrote: Just had article on radio4 about test match & possible implications of riots - deploying police resources when there is disorder on the streets. I've just gone into work in Brum & the sandwich shop I was in yesterday has been wrecked. This is my city & these scum bags have no right to behave like this. Sorry but it makes me so mad.

Absolutely could not agree more, my daughter is a social worker in London with physical and mentally challenged people, she cant get out of her house to do here job properly. She is in the worst hit area,very frightening and several people who have had their flats burned down over the large carpet warehouse have lost everything. Disaster.

T20 Fantasy League Champion 2010
Not sure about rubber bullets - but why don't the police use the Taser - stops 'em in their tracks then go and pick them up and throw them in the vans ready for court the next day. Oh, forgot that's a waste of time because their punishment will be a £50 fine which they wont pay. Then the poor little dears will probably be taken on holiday to Barbados to discover themselves!!!!!!!!!

Paul I wasn't targetting imigrants. Merely stating that we have in recent years had a massive population explosion (about 25% increase) and I am not sure we have the infrastructure to cope
with it.

As for the great divide - I can't afford the latest Jags or even the Skyline tickets at Edg at £75. Shall I go and smash a few up then get myself a ticket for the EH stand get into the new stand and smash up the seats on the top floor?
LE - aka John
(09-08-2011, 11:43 AM)DaveC Wrote:
(09-08-2011, 10:33 AM)Paul Wrote: In a country where you have such a big divide between the have and have nots these things can kick off.

This is gansta-chic made flesh - nothing more nothing less and I'm afraid I'm in the WB/Daily Mail camp on this one. Bring out the water cannons and rubber bullets.

My views are normally fairly liberal - however we do need to stop and think over this. There are many reasons for this but clearly the 'melting pot' of the last two decades needs to settle down rather than building and building a discontended underclass who have no prospects as their senior role models are deprived of oppotunities by the latest wave of 'johny come latelies'. This growing wave of discontent will appear in all areas of society - with rioting and looting being seen as the 'easy' option.

Cancelling the England Football and Cricket matches over the next week, will allow us all to contemplate how we have all allowed this fractured society to evolve. We need to all be punished for this, otherwise things will never change and the applogists and 'do gooders' (who often make livings out of this) will allow our youth of what ever background or culture to be alienated with society. We need to let the melting pot calm down.........
[-] The following 1 user Likes Warleybear's post:
Paul
(09-08-2011, 11:43 AM)DaveC Wrote:

Hmmm - given that most of them look pretty well-fed, fashionably dressed and that the trouble is being co-ordinated over social network sites using Blackberries I'm not sure this argument bears much scrutiny.

I'd also dispute the fact being propogated by the usual leftie suspects that there's any real poverty in this country any more given the cradle to grave welfare state we've created that's pretty much bankrupted us.

But no need to cancel the test match with 5 more days of tweaking Juinior's tail to come! :thumbdown:

Well dd isnt even in the country so you wont get anything from him, and I cant agree with you on the point I highlighted as we all know its not the welfare state that has nearly bankrupted us. But where theres no future or hope theres anger and discontentment and you get riots and anarchy... I believe this was always likely to happen once this government targeted the poor with their cuts....
(09-08-2011, 01:48 PM)Paul Wrote: I believe this was always likely to happen once this government targeted the poor with their cuts....

Oh FFS Paul there haven't been any "cuts".

Government spending in real terms is actually higher than it was a year ago.

This country has been living on tick for over 60 years. The only difference was that the last government believed there was a magic money tree that miraculously grew more money the less you fed it.

Unfortunately a large part of the population also believed in the magic money tree which is why we still see fatuous statements of the kind you just made.

Sorry Paul but argumeents like that just will not do. I came from the poorest background imaginable and worked damned hard to get where I am now. I never once imagined that this conferred on me the right to go out and take whatever I wanted and hang the consequences.

I repeat - this has nothing to do with "cuts" real or imagined, poverty or opportunity. It's a self-loathing, self-declared "underclass" going gansta after watching too much MTV.

[-] The following 1 user Likes DaveC's post:
Leicester Exile
So you suggest that we continue on the tax and spend policies of the Anthony BLiar and Unelected Scottish thug Brown regiemes?

The country is massively in debt, and needs to reduce that debt and the overspending. The tax payers money needs to be spent more efficiently, and the spending cuts are NOT targetted at the poor.

Anyway most of those involved in the rioting are just lawless unemployable louts who have prbably never worked a day in their lives and wouldn't cope with holding down a real job. The just expect the the ever decreasing percentage of the population who do real productive work to support them.

IT's a shame 'Junior' is away, we could have had some fun during this match.
Especially who is the worst test team Bangladesh or India :-)

Lets take the politics out of this, please.
I was brought up to believe the world does not owe me a living - everything we have achieved has been through hard work. It is just a pity this way of life is not instilled into the current generation. And where are the parents of the ones doing all this damage? Paul, do you really believe the parents of the thugs were deprived enough to say the bringing up of their kids is not their responsibility? Don't these parents have the responsibility to bring up their kids showing them right from wrong?
LE - aka John
Sorry LE, but it is political, after Brown and BLiar relied on the support of left wingers who supported anarchist and class war organisations. Do you remember Kinnock supporting Scargill in his attempts to overthrow a democratically elected government, or Diane Abbott, who was a cabine member under Brown supporting the thugs who murdered a policeman in London.

Are those the sort of people who should be leading our country?

I've seen the youtube file where on of theCamden louts was claiming she was "getting her taxes back"!

One, you need to hav contributed to society to pay tax, I doubt if she ever has, and how does stealing from a private company get back the tax you have paid to the government?

Perhaps one of our members who supports these louts can provide a logical aregumentto support that viewpoint?

TB I am not disagreeing with you one bit, quite the opposite in fact. I just think if we start getting into arguments along party lines we could end up with some unpleasant arguments. This could then result in confrontations at the back of the EH stand :scared:
LE - aka John
I would hope it doesn't come to that.

It seem that the stupidity and lawlessness has brought out strong feelings in many people.

For society to work, and for this to be a land we enjoy living in we all have to live and work together, and be tolerent of others views, while respecting peoples rights to have alternative views.

However, just going out looting and destroying property does nothing to help the situation.

Let us all hope we have a quiet and peaceful night and nobody is injured.

Hopefully we can all agree on that?

I have my opinion and you can have yours, we obviously are on the opposite sides of the political scale. I believe in fairness and equal opportunities to all, whether they be whatever color, sick whether physically or mentally and Dave if you think there have been no cuts then I really dont know where you've been mate. Anyway I wont say any more on this.
(09-08-2011, 04:52 PM)Tall Bear Wrote: I would hope it doesn't come to that.

It seem that the stupidity and lawlessness has brought out strong feelings in many people.

For society to work, and for this to be a land we enjoy living in we all have to live and work together, and be tolerent of others views, while respecting peoples rights to have alternative views.

However, just going out looting and destroying property does nothing to help the situation.

Let us all hope we have a quiet and peaceful night and nobody is injured.

Hopefully we can all agree on that?
I really trully hope for that TB