Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
England vs India
So this small series is nearly underway.

The commentators for the tour match are awful btw. :bored:
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

Im really lookin forward to it - more than any hoe series since 2005. Should be execellent. Draw for me.
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions

100/6. India start well as usual.

We're flipped.

Interesting

http://www.espncricinfo.com/west-indies-...23269.html
It' Nord alto torvo di s.
spiega con la maggior parte yorkshiremen sono bastardi miseri

So with Zak maybe out of the tour, well done England.

Don't worry - it may not yet be the end for a great Indian side, only the beginning of the end. India's batsmen will see them through this series before retirements take them into the wilderness years.

Anyway well done to Trott - looked like very difficult climatic conditions for batting this morning. India didn't really make the best of those conditions. Fortunately the lost time means India are lucky to have a second go tomorrow whilst the score is still low.
We did just draw in SA and win a WC ;) Laxman and Sachin average Trott-esque in the past 2 years. The end is near, but still far enough.

Zak can come back from this, sort of, hopefully this would have made him work on his fitness, he'll retire within a year though so big pressure will be on Ishant soon. For this tour we've got to hope you provide bouncy wickets now, no way will an Indian team without Zak pick up 20 wickets on a flat pitch.

Spot on - world cup winners and best test team in the world. Can't get much higher than that.
First thought looking at this Indian team was who ate all the pies.

I suspect their lofty position has more to do with their batting prowess than their bowling or fielding.

They look a pretty unfit bunch to me and I wonder how they'll cope with 4 back to back games against a younger, fitter team.

And yes Junior I know about their previous series but looking at what's in fornt of England at the moment I wouldn't be too worried.
Dave C,

Hope you've got your full protective equipment on, some people round here don't like it when DD is called Junior
It' Nord alto torvo di s.
spiega con la maggior parte yorkshiremen sono bastardi miseri

End of Harbhajan.

No comment, lets not get too carried away India always start poorly. They're not all unfit. They left out their best fielder and their bowling is a bit light without Khan. I this test will be a draw. Lords is notorious for wickets getting flatter and flatter.
(22-07-2011, 07:16 PM)Paul Wrote: No comment, lets not get too carried away India always start poorly. They're not all unfit. They left out their best fielder and their bowling is a bit light without Khan. I this test will be a draw. Lords is notorious for wickets getting flatter and flatter.

Not getting carried away but India as top dogs in world cricket aren't even in the same ball park as the Aussie and WI sides that prececed them.

They are there by dint of an extremely strong, albeit ageing, batting line-up and the efforts of one extremely good bowler.

We all know the Indian team have a somewhat relaxed approach to physical conditioning. I suspect 4 tests pretty much back-to-back will find them out.

They do have 3 bowlers in the top 10 I think and, personally, If we get to number one I dont care whether its because we have good bats, bowlers, keepers or luck. The fact of number one will be enough for me - because, even before rankings, I cant remember us realistically being able to claim that for maybe 40 years. Ad if we arent a patch on other number ones, I dont mind either - you can only beat what you can beat.

Big day today. If India dig in, reckon it will mark the start of a hard, attritional series where results will be hard to come by. Our attack relies on control and pressure - their batsman are generally patient. It proper cricket.
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
(23-07-2011, 08:40 AM)DaveC Wrote:
(22-07-2011, 07:16 PM)Paul Wrote: No comment, lets not get too carried away India always start poorly. They're not all unfit. They left out their best fielder and their bowling is a bit light without Khan. I this test will be a draw. Lords is notorious for wickets getting flatter and flatter.

Not getting carried away but India as top dogs in world cricket aren't even in the same ball park as the Aussie and WI sides that prececed them.

They are there by dint of an extremely strong, albeit ageing, batting line-up and the efforts of one extremely good bowler.

We all know the Indian team have a somewhat relaxed approach to physical conditioning. I suspect 4 tests pretty much back-to-back will find them out.

I agree they haven't got the allround strength of the great Aussie, and windies side, but arguably with a fit Sehweg they have the best batting line-up of all time. Maybe the windies batting, side of the 70s with, Sobers, Kanhai, Richards, Kali and Greenidge were comparable.

I wouldnt write them off though as they fought back hard in a classic series in South Africa against a better seam attack than England have.
Gosh England on the back foot here, Ian out in the same over as KP. Up to you now Trotty.
T20 Fantasy League Champion 2010
You're still 244 ahead, only need another 100.

yes the wicket is doing a bit and India only have 2 bowlers. Kumar looks totally inefective. Even with India's batting strength 300 may be hard to get.
yes the wicket is doing a bit and India only have 2 bowlers. Kumar looks totally inefective. Even with India's batting strength 300 may be hard to get.
India were like 28/1 this morning.