Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Woakes
He'll play. He'll play instead of Plunkett.
I hope your right bear4life but I suspect they will go for Plunkett because of his extra pace.
It will be wrong if once again he just carries drinks. If not selected to play he should be playing for his county not forever running on the pitch every time a wicket falls.
LE - aka John
Couldnt agree more LE. Jordan hasn't bowled much in 4day cricket this season. He's not necessarily an automatic pick in my eyes.
(05-06-2014, 02:33 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: It will be wrong if once again he just carries drinks. If not selected to play he should be playing for his county not forever running on the pitch every time a wicket falls.

Agree, any future player needs to do it , get used to the atmosphere and crowds, but once they have done it 3 or 4 times , then they have gone round that particular learning curve .
(05-06-2014, 02:45 PM)bear4life Wrote: Couldnt agree more LE. Jordan hasn't bowled much in 4day cricket this season. He's not necessarily an automatic pick in my eyes.

Nor me
Shouldn't the title of this thread be changed to either "Chris Woakes" or "Mr Woakes", the current title shows a lack of respect to Chris
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
(05-06-2014, 07:04 PM)The Good Mugabe Wrote: Shouldn't the title of this thread be changed to either "Chris Woakes" or "Mr Woakes", the current title shows a lack of respect to Chris

I'm sure he won't be losing sleep over it.
Proud to be a Bear
I'm sure he won't, but surely it would be consistent with other thread titles and it would be better than just using his surname.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Not sure it matters but i changed it for consistency. Ok Mugabe :thumbup:
[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
The Good Mugabe
It looks better, and is consistent.

Thank you
There are GOOD Mugabe's
(05-06-2014, 07:04 PM)The Good Mugabe Wrote: Shouldn't the title of this thread be changed to either "Chris Woakes" or "Mr Woakes", the current title shows a lack of respect to Chris

Or maybe The Good Woakes.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
"The multi talented Mr Woakes", shame that we are making all this effort for someone who supports teh 'wrong' football team :-)
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Actually all the players that support local sides support the right teams...Its the spurs and Man U fans :cursing::cursing:
Time to 'name & shame'?
There are GOOD Mugabe's
I see the ECB's mission to screw up Chris's career continues. OK, he was left out of the squad (no surprise there!) but why wasn't he allowed to play at Nottingham last night? When he does get a chance for England he'll probably be undercooked because he's played hardly any cricket in the last month. Angry
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Red Baron's post:
Leicester Exile
And weren't the ECB going to do everything possible to make England players available for the T20 competition?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Terry's post:
Warleybear
(14-06-2014, 01:26 PM)Terry Wrote: And weren't the ECB going to do everything possible to make England players available for the T20 competition?

I wonder if that policy has fallen victim to the change of coach? As Woakes has been allowed to play at Northampton (but not at Trent Bridge on Friday) I can see a pattern emerging. When England are playing red-ball cricket they don't want their squad playing white ball cricket.
According to Sky, Ben Stokes who is keeping Chris Woakes out of the England team has, since 24 January, faced 43 balls for England and been out nine times, averaging two.
It makes me want to punch a dressing room locker - but then again, that would be just silly.
[-] The following 4 users Like Terry's post:
GrizzlyBear, Leicester Exile, stingray, Warleybear
Given those figures he HAS TO make way for Woakes
LE - aka John