Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Woakes
Batting higher for England Lions than he does for Warwickshire. Angry
Yes I actually think if KPs career as a test cricket is over then the ideal replacement is Woakes. You can move everyone up one and he can bat at 7. It then gives us the extra seamer.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
Thefacebookbear
No wickets for Chris in the first innings but Kerrigan totally outbowled Lyon.
Lara, Tendulkar ... Pilling.
(09-08-2012, 04:26 PM)coolerking Wrote: No wickets for Chris in the first innings but Kerrigan totally outbowled Lyon.

Definitely a spinners paradise, Moeen took wickets a plenty on it which says it all.

Kerrigan is a class act.
Kerrigan is the best young spinner in the country. He could be the backup spinner to Swann in India. Certainly hope they don't pick Tredwell

Not sure wicekts like that are very good for an A game. Dont learn much is except a good spinner will take loads on a spinners wicekt.
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
True but it is very useful Kim to show which of our batsmen can play against spin on slow turners when selecting the squad for India. Woakes will have done himself no harm at all.

Warleybear
I was saying only yesterday that Woakes may be the solution to the No.6 conundrum for England. A good enough batsman to bat 6 or 7 and also a third/ fourth seamer.

I can see him being moved up to 5 or 6 in the Warwickshire order next season so he can develop his batting further. I also think he could well go on the Test tour to New Zealand (probably not India as they'll pack the squad with spinners.)
Just got out stumped for 17 as he and Kieswetter were looking to hasten the run scoring.
Woakes the only wicketless England bowler so far. He's kept it tight, which England value highly, but he could do with one or two scalps.
Yes he must be bowling well, sometimes your luck is not in as far as wickets

Looking at the international schedule we may have seen the last of Woakes for the season, as he was in the ODI squad to face Australia and is in the provisional T20 squad if he is selected the only games that don't clash with any of those series are the Unicorns CB40 game (which is only 2 days after the second Australia A game) and the CB40 final (which is only 3 days after the completion of the T20 series with South Africa and 6 days before the T20 starts). I guess he could be released for the odd game here and there if not playing but maybe we should be expecting for him not to be available?
When we were winning everything in the 90s the England selectors never came looking for our players. Why have we become such a breeding ground or England players all of a sudden!

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-so...76974.html

But George am I missing something here, but how can Oscar Wilde almost say something? Unless you are now rewriting his literature, in which case there's no end to your talent.

George has just compared my body shape to Ian Blackwell's on twitter.Angry

I am upset so am comfort eating.
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
Remember Illingworth, who was selector & team manager/coach at the time said we had 'average players', he then selected several from his old club Yorkshire. I Remember that David Lloyd selected his son & many other Lancashire players & of course Graham Gooch would ensure an Essex player was always selected ahead of more viable options.
Kim, was it the 'Real George' or 'spoof'?
(11-08-2012, 05:35 PM)Kim Wrote: George has just compared my body shape to Ian Blackwell's on twitter.Angry

I am upset so am comfort eating.

Is that an upgrade from Potato Kim?

Comfort eating = more visits to the shops for Mrs Kim :thumbup:

Jane
(11-08-2012, 05:36 PM)Mugabe Wrote: Remember Illingworth, who was selector & team manager/coach at the time said we had 'average players', he then selected several from his old club Yorkshire. I Remember that David Lloyd selected his son & many other Lancashire players & of course Graham Gooch would ensure an Essex player was always selected ahead of more viable options.
I get your point lol.

Still no wickets for Chris against the Aussie As.