Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Woakes
(08-09-2014, 06:57 PM)Paul Wrote: "The captain turned to Chris Woakes to deliver the final over and one of the world’s most unfashionable players proved too much for the game’s highest paid cricketer". Probably on about charisma I think but its a nasty piece of journalism..

Agree. Cheap, nasty & unnecessary. Git.
Just announced Chris has been awarded a central contract
Totally deserved, good to see that Ian Bell and Moeen are included in the group as well
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Ian was obvious but for Chris and Moeen its their first one. Does it save both clubs money?
Yes, the ecb becomes the players employer, and the ecb contract takes over their employment costs, plus I believe there is a compensatory payment to the clubs.
There is a 'shadow' contract between the player and club, which covers the players appearances with the county, and gives the player 'continuity of employment', to cover medical and pension requirements.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
So its all good except we wont see much of Chris next season.
Sadly that is true, but we should be pleased that he is considered to be a key part of the England team.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
(11-09-2014, 12:12 PM)Paul Wrote: Ian was obvious but for Chris and Moeen its their first one. Does it save both clubs money?

Woakes replaced Trott really. So doesn't really save us.
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

On the other hand Trotty has now lost his central contract so we are responsible for his wages...
You posted that at the same time :cursing::cursing:
Congratulations to Chris Woakes on his six wicket haul for England today.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Yes deserved a lot more credit from the sky commentators. I liked the ball which hit Mendis on the head via a top edge. It Shows he now has the pace to scare batsman, something which Trescothick once said he couldn't do.
And he now has 2 of the top 3 best figures by England players in ODIs. He's also the first England player to take two 6 wicket hauls in ODIs. Great stuff.
Proud to be a Bear
(10-12-2014, 03:36 PM)Paul Wrote: Yes deserved a lot more credit from the sky commentators. I liked the ball which hit Mendis on the head via a top edge. It Shows he now has the pace to scare batsman, something which Trescothick once said he couldn't do.

I also liked the fact that he had enough confidence to review the decision immediately - no conferring with the captain or the wicketkeeper.  Mind you, if he'd got it wrong, he wouldn't have been popular.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Excellent from Chris!
Andto think he starts the next game on a hat trick!
LE - aka John
Talking of hat tricks,who was the last England International to get1 in both football& cricket?
Very good question Simon.

What level are we talking about with regard to these hatricks. International? County and pro football?

I can think of a few names but cant figure out who it might be.
International football club level@ cricket,big clues there!
Geoff Hurst, Gary Linekar, David Platt?