Yousaf
Troughton
Maddy
Clarke
Ambrose
Tahir
Rankin
Metters
Who subs for Porterfield and Rankin if Durham manage to stretch us beyond two days? Evans and Miller? Or might Evans start instead of Westy?
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
Interesting one that Kim. It probably all depends on the match situation. If we bat first and score 500, a big if I know, we might sub a batsman for a bowler/allrounder so Porterfield for Barker. TBF Barker has looked as good as anybody for the seconds with the bat this season.

Evans or Westwood is a debate we had at Coventry. I'd be tempted to pick Evans but I think we will err on the side of caution and pick Westwood.
I don't want to think about it.

I may well hide for four days (we may not last that long) and then come out again once it's over.
This game will be our first drawn game for a long time.
I wish I shared your enthusiasm.

The mere mention of Westwood has me hiding behind a pillow.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lilly's post:
Warleybear
The wicket appears to be the one next to the one we played on yesterday so think the water levels are different on that side of the ground, so think it should be a much better wicket hopefully
(23-05-2011, 08:04 PM)Paul Wrote: Interesting one that Kim. It probably all depends on the match situation. If we bat first and score 500, a big if I know, we might sub a batsman for a bowler/allrounder so Porterfield for Barker. TBF Barker has looked as good as anybody for the seconds with the bat this season.

Evans or Westwood is a debate we had at Coventry. I'd be tempted to pick Evans but I think we will err on the side of caution and pick Westwood.

Not sure that the match situation is relevant Paul - I thought that we have to nominate the substitutes at the beginning of the game, That seems the fairest way of doing things, particularly since Durham are already miffed about this new rule anyway.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/9...oint_Cook/
"Look at the results. Look at the table. Everything else is just opinion"
where is your faith we beat Durham convincingly on Sunday in the CB40 so why cant we do the same here, we have the players that can do the deed so give them a chance before you start putting them down.
some people get on my wick always negative why not be positive for a change, the players do read these forums you know.:cursing::cursing::cursing:

Keep Calm i am a Warwickshire Bear
paul are you going today mate, yes i will bring the coffee.
Pete's right we have no reason to believe that we should be scared to check the score during this game!

It wont be easy but then not many games are.

Onions is not availiable for Durham so thats a plus.

Not sure I agree with subbing players but anything that puts the oppo off balance is fine by me.

I would be surprised if the rules allowed a tactical substitution but best check the rule book.

We met with Povey but we did not eat the biscuits.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thefacebookbear's post:
littlepete
(24-05-2011, 07:34 AM)littlepete Wrote: where is your faith we beat Durham convincingly on Sunday in the CB40 so why cant we do the same here, we have the players that can do the deed so give them a chance before you start putting them down.
some people get on my wick always negative why not be positive for a change, the players do read these forums you know.:cursing::cursing::cursing:

Naqqi, you are great :thumbup:
(24-05-2011, 08:48 AM)Kim Wrote:
(24-05-2011, 07:34 AM)littlepete Wrote: where is your faith we beat Durham convincingly on Sunday in the CB40 so why cant we do the same here, we have the players that can do the deed so give them a chance before you start putting them down.

Naqqi, you are great :thumbup:
nice one Kim are you going down this week, look out for the flag.    
Tomorrow Pete - then Mrs Kim gets back on Friday and my cricket season can really begin at last.
I agree with Harmison over Onions not playing because they want to rest him after he played for the Lions. Presumably if hed done really well for the Lions, he might have been picked for the tests - so hed have ben fit enough for a test squad but needs a rest for the county game. Wierd.

Talking of Harmy he was on Question of Sport last night - wasnt great. Fav answer was to the question which player recently scored his first 100 in his 88th test match and followed it up with another in his 89th.

Harmy said "Sehwag" Huh

Barker and Miller subs, Evans nowhere.
(24-05-2011, 10:31 AM)Kim Wrote: I agree with Harmison over Onions not playing because they want to rest him after he played for the Lions. Presumably if hed done really well for the Lions, he might have been picked for the tests - so hed have ben fit enough for a test squad but needs a rest for the county game. Wierd.

Talking of Harmy he was on Question of Sport last night - wasnt great. Fav answer was to the question which player recently scored his first 100 in his 88th test match and followed it up with another in his 89th.

Harmy said "Sehwag" Huh

TBF Sehwag has played 87 tests.:lol:
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

(24-05-2011, 10:59 AM)ddb Wrote:
(24-05-2011, 10:31 AM)Kim Wrote: I agree with Harmison over Onions not playing because they want to rest him after he played for the Lions. Presumably if hed done really well for the Lions, he might have been picked for the tests - so hed have ben fit enough for a test squad but needs a rest for the county game. Wierd.

Harmy said "Sehwag" Huh

TBF Sehwag has played 87 tests.:lol:

Yep - it would have been a great answer to "name someone who has played nearly 88 tests". :thumbup:

He also had huge trouble with naming the year of a test series he actually played in.
I think it was during the Test series in Australia (the one we lost 5-0) that Harmy's Test bowling average finally climbed above his IQ.
We could do with a few quick wickets now...
I knew I shouldn't have come out of hiding.