Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darren Pattinson makes test debut
Born in Grimsby but brought up in Australia. He's nearly 30 and has played only 11 first class games. I wonder what the likes of Hoggard, Tremlott and Harmison must think.
He was a roofer this time last year. Hoggard is clearly done for isnt he? Looks as if hes been picked on the (dubious) basis that Heeadingley is a swingers paradise.

Bloke brought up in Australia makes debut at Headingley, Yorks, the week Yorks are thrown out of T20 for playing the Eng under 16 captain in a game is a bit of a laugh.

CMJ on the radio has just wondered if this is the first "Darren" to play for England. Goughy will be pleased.
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
Maddy also.
Talk about queue jumping!
....and because Pattinson's brother is in the Australian under-19 squad, we could have the bizarre spectacle of brothers playing against each other in an Ashes Test in the future.
With nationality meaning so little these days, maybe we should go all the way and have an IPL-style auction for Test teams.
Didn't Darren Bicknell play too
Sorry..didn't see this thread posted on the England v S.A one, but basically agree with you all.
I'm sickened by it..sickened!:thumbdown:
I'm a horrid bint.....apparently!
I am sorry but I am not in total agreement:-

1/ Pattinson out bowled Broad & 2-90 off 30ish isn't a bad debut.

2/ I think other players are using it as a convenient smoke screen to redirect the flak from their own inadequacies.

3/ How can it be his fault that we batted so ineptly on Day 1?

4/ They say his selection had a bad impact upon team spirit. That suggests a team which is maybe a bit too cosey and needs a rocket up the back side!!
Totally agree Andrew about the excuses. How can two changes affect team spirit so much. They dropped Hoggy and Harmy in NZ and things got better!

Pattinsons' nationality doesnt bother me either. Born in England of English parents and a british passport seems quite enough. I was born in Brum and after 6 weeks went to Nigeria for 20 years. Im not Nigerian.

MPV OUT!
Kim Wrote:I was born in Brum and after 6 weeks went to Nigeria for 20 years. Im not Nigerian.

???

Kim at last Sunday's Pro-40:

[Image: nigerian%26pet%2520hyena.jpg]
DAVE C:

I am a computer igoramus!!!

How do you get the photo on like that??
Why should his nationality bother us when we have plenty of players born overseas but have played for England, like KP Nuts. Even my icon Dermot was born in HK!
Chris, don't ask why Windy. No please don't. No.

Music: http://trip-tv.blogspot.com/
Me: http://mixing-and-matching.blogspot.com/
DaveC Wrote:
Kim Wrote:I was born in Brum and after 6 weeks went to Nigeria for 20 years. Im not Nigerian.

???

[Image: ranting2.gif]

No wonder those people let me commandeer that taxi.
andrew Wrote:DAVE C:

I am a computer igoramus!!!

How do you get the photo on like that??

First find your image. Go to Google images find an image - right click "Properties" and copy the Edit/Copy the URL.

Then in here when you open a post click on the image icon (the one that looks like 2 mountain peaks with the sun above it). You'll then be prompted to enter a link. Paste in the link you copied and bingo.
WINDY: And in which part of England was the Greatest Ever Bear (Sir Douglas) born??
Scotland is fine, Hong Kong is fine. But I'm really not sure about Grimsby.
Kim Wrote:
DaveC Wrote:

???

[Image: ranting2.gif]

No wonder those people let me commandeer that taxi.

I wouldn't show that to Thelma, Louise or Alvin.
I think I heard Nasser Hussain talking about it being a confused selection.

Some people may find it confusing how a guy born in Madras captained England.

----------------------------------------------------

I am sure Graham Gooch is going on about it also.

If so, perhaps he could enlighten us upon the selection of Ryan Tendeschoete and Grant Flower for Essex and in which part of England they were born.