Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ian Bell
Wishing Ian and Chantal a lovely day tomorrow and a very happy life as man and wife.
T20 Fantasy League Champion 2010
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jane's post:
Tall Bear
I agree. Best wishes to them both. I hope it will be a record-breaking partnership
All the best to them both on the long journey ahead of them
A report here:
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/so...-28477246/
Rather in the vacuous style of Hello or OK magazines, but never mind.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket...-wife.html

It' Nord alto torvo di s.
spiega con la maggior parte yorkshiremen sono bastardi miseri

I wonder who organised the press day for just after Ian's wedding?
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
(07-04-2011, 05:55 PM)Kim Wrote: I wonder who organised the press day for just after Ian's wedding?

Yes cruel timing, but Ian a true Bear turns up on time.
T20 Fantasy League Champion 2010
Nice little article here:
http://blog.thecricketer.com/?p=23653
While the heroic Trottster rightly gets a lot of plaudits its worth noting that another much maligned Bear, IR Bell, has quietly, since being plonked at number 6 V SA away in 2009, averged a phenomenal 71 in 14 tests.
(30-05-2011, 09:26 AM)Kim Wrote: While the heroic Trottster rightly gets a lot of plaudits its worth noting that another much maligned Bear, IR Bell, has quietly, since being plonked at number 6 V SA away in 2009, averged a phenomenal 71 in 14 tests.
I agree - but to be fair, he does now seem to be getting his due share of praise both for the runs he scores and the manner of making them. And the critics had at least a small point in that he has raised his game to a higher level in the last year or so.
Let's hope that he gets the chance to add at least one more run today. It's raining here in Bristol so it's probably a monsoon in Cardiff.

(30-05-2011, 09:41 AM)Terry Wrote:
(30-05-2011, 09:26 AM)Kim Wrote: While the heroic Trottster rightly gets a lot of plaudits its worth noting that another much maligned Bear, IR Bell, has quietly, since being plonked at number 6 V SA away in 2009, averged a phenomenal 71 in 14 tests.
I agree - but to be fair, he does now seem to be getting his due share of praise both for the runs he scores and the manner of making them. And the critics had at least a small point in that he has raised his game to a higher level in the last year or so.
Let's hope that he gets the chance to add at least one more run today. It's raining here in Bristol so it's probably a monsoon in Cardiff.

Yes - getting to 99 is quite a milestone :001_tt2:

I could amend my post and cover my tracks - but instead I'll admit that I thought he was 99 not out overnight.
Forecast for Cardiff grim for first half of the day but better this afternoon.
I was really hoping he would get his 13th test hundred yesterday because I'm not sure he will get the opportuniity now today. The pundits are all praise for Bell now. Hes a class act. Vaughan was saying how well balanaced he his at the crease unlike KP. Hitting a straight 6 early on his innings against the spinner shows how confident he is and those reverse sweeps....

Didn't like the fact there was a little murmering of critism for the pace of the Trott innings. Particularly from Sir Geoffery. Said he should have tried to score faster, limitation of shots (which is rubbish of course), then starting coming out with all this rubbish about him being another South African. He never mentioned that when KP came into the side. What I find really strange is that he was a player in the Trott mould but much slower, yet he doesnt appreciate that type of player now.
That the Boycott, whose test career strike rate was about 35, critising an innings where the SR was 50 is it? The Sky team make me smile - they were muttering quietly about how - even with a 200 - there would be critsisim of Trott from the media as if they werent in the media themselves.

The real talking point should be KPs on going struggles. Its a vey long time now since hes made an impact in tests or ODIs apart from the big innings v Aussies. Obv should be nowhere near dropping him but hes far less untouchable than he was.
Yes Boycott has lost the plot big time recently. Hes a bit of a joke now really which is shame because he was a fine player. MV made some good comments on KP. His technique is all over the place. Even before he was out he was hopping and skipping all over the place. I think if he fails in the sri lankan series we should think about bringing someone else in. Maybe an allrounder to get the balance of the team right.
Kim why do you say KP should be nowhere near being dropped? He is not doing the business and imo needs a spell in cc to find his form.
LE - aka John
On the Bell issue, I found it quite funny that someone criticised him on the BBC TMS yesterday and then the site was innundated with support for him. I think he has well and truly changed the countries opinion on him, us Bears fans always stuck loyal to him, but the overall concensus on him has definitely altered, and rightly so, he has been in scintiliating form, combining the strokeplay he's always had with substance in terms of runs scored.
(30-05-2011, 12:32 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: Kim why do you say KP should be nowhere near being dropped? He is not doing the business and imo needs a spell in cc to find his form.

Cos its just one innings since he averaged 60 in the ashes (admittedly based on on big innings but he still played it) and I dont see anyone hs made a strong case to replace him. Id worry about his one day form more because he really is living on his past there. His test figures are still OK. I reckon hes got this summer to deliver.
don't forget the London media love KP, and now he is a Surrey player there will be even more support for him.
It' Nord alto torvo di s.
spiega con la maggior parte yorkshiremen sono bastardi miseri

What a fantastic catch by Bell