Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LVCC - Hants vs Bears 13-16th September
Well perhaps not as vital to win here as it could have been cos of Kent's loss to Hants in the last few moments of their game. With Hants now secured safety, you could forgive them for not going hell for leather in this game and hoping for an easy last game. Most likely the pitch will favour the batting side cos there have been only 2 results in 7 games down there and I cant see a Hants team playing for nothing really going for a results pitch to try and send us down. So really it will rely on how we bat, if we play well settle down and a few batting points along with the bowling points, we get 3 bowling 3 batting plus 3 for the draw and that's 9. We'd then be 24 points ahead of Kent I think and this is all relying on the fact they will beat Yorkshire, not really going to happen is it? And if it does they are defo not going to get maximum points to make us need 9 or more from Hants. Also we can take heart from the fact we scored 382 from Hants earlier in the season!

All in all I'd say we should stay up and hopefully we can win this game to go out on a high but I'd take the draw and a nice easy low key finish so we can prepare for the Lords final!
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

Is it right that, whatever else happens, they have to win and we have to lose for us to be in any danger?
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
I think (please check) that because we have more wins than Kent, they need 1 more bonus point than them to make the results irrelevant. Eg Kent win with 4 BP = 20 We loose with 5 BP They end up with same number of points. Tie break = number games won A win would do as would Kent not winning.
This game is just as important as the Lords final next saturday,lets hope the players do not take their eye off what needs to be done.
Staying in division one of the championship is infinately more important than any limited overs game.

Of course wining on Saturday is important, but it would not compensate for relagation.
It' Nord alto torvo di s.
spiega con la maggior parte yorkshiremen sono bastardi miseri

[-] The following 1 user Likes Tall Bear's post:
ddb
I dont totally agree there TB. Nobody remembers finishing 6th in the championship but people remember winning trophies
[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
SJL
Hants pick the same 13 man squad that beat Kent, for the Warwickshire game: Adams, Carberry, Hughes, Dawson, Vince, Ervine, Bates, Cork, Wood, Tomlinson, Briggs, Jones, Riazuddin

(12-09-2010, 02:20 PM)Paul Wrote: I dont totally agree there TB. Nobody remembers finishing 6th in the championship but people remember winning trophies

I think we'd remember finishing 8th in the Championship for the whole of next season as we visited Derby, Leicester etc - and relegation might also affect our ability to strengthen the team, so I'm with TB on this one.
Very true Terry although I'm not too really sure that it really does effect a teams ability to sign players
We owe Hampshire a good stuffing after the T20 debacle and I can't stand bloody Cork!
I was born a bear
Some batting points would be tremendous! They would also seal the escape for sure.

Warwickshire Bears - County Champions 2012:thumbup:

Leicester Tigers - THE team:thumbup:
It is an interesting point, for me doing well in the championship is much more important than any form of limited overs cricket, obviously not everyone would agree.

To stay in division 1 after the season we have had with the poor quality of the batting would be a real achievement and will allow us to strengthen and become more competitive.
It' Nord alto torvo di s.
spiega con la maggior parte yorkshiremen sono bastardi miseri

Well,I agree with you on this TB.
I would rather the the championship flag flying above thr press box all next season than some tin pot stuck away inside the museum,nothing wrong with one-day gongs they help improve the image of the club and success in anything is welcome...but to me 4 day cricket is the closest to test match cricket you get and it is the measure of a team and this format is where the game originally lay its foundations.
My Latin doesnt get out the blocks but after being stuck next to two gobby Yorky knuckledraggers on saturday,my liberal understanding of your sign off is about right,how do you say:

"Were going to Lords
Were going to Lords
Your not!"
do i take it you guy's experience of the Yorkshire fans on saturday wasn't positive then?

shame, they were a lovely lot sat around me.
Eternal Optimist
(13-09-2010, 10:40 AM)C-P Wrote: do i take it you guy's experience of the Yorkshire fans on saturday wasn't positive then?

shame, they were a lovely lot sat around me.

It was obvious they were the type that just turn up for that type of game,they were footy fans on a day out.
Idiots.
But all clubs get them coming out the woodwork for games like this.
The rest of them were fine.
The BBC are covering the last round of CC games in live Text format:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/...993464.stm
Chisr Woakes' next wicket will be his 150th in FC cricket.
and his 50th this season, well done Darren 3 wickets thus far...
Darren Maddy's doing all right, isn't he?

Yep. Now his best FC wicket taking season since 2003.

Statto heaven.