Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Final of the CB40 Lords September 18th
Win this and we've somehow, despite all our CC batting problems and over reliance on some players, achieved something really good. It's great to get to the final all the same and even if we lose it's not all bad cos we've been really good in this format all year!

Any early team news? Trotty will be back I've heard, do we drop Chopra after his good innings today, surely it'd be a straight swap or do we go left field and drop Jim? Somerset have a very strong batting line up but with Trott and Bell one day wise we can come close to it and I think it will rely on how our bowlers react if they get hit. Hopefully Chris Woakes can bowl well cos he's taken some tap in the last couple games in the CB40.

And it'll be Imran's last game :(
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

Surely JT has to replace JT
LE - aka John
On yesterday's performance then the answer to that is YES!
Either way i will worry about team news on Saturday morning...tickets booked, can't wait and hope we have as memorable a day as the one we had at Scarborough yesterday!
I'm a horrid bint.....apparently!
didnt realise final was floodlit - this is what Vic Marks thinks

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/sep...ords-final
There is no doubt this was never going to be a sell out final. Evening dew is one that concerns me having seen more than one final where the morning dew affected the result.
I will wait until I see the weather forecast before booking my ticket.
LE - aka John
Is the 3pm start so has not to clash with the early football match. Thinking about team selection, theres no doubt Chopra deserves his place but will he be more effective than Jim batting at 5. Its a tough call for Ashley.
First floodlit final..history to be made.
Reduced tickets @ £30
Pretty reasonable coach ticket (Scarborough was £20)
WARWICKSHIRE AT A LORD'S FINAL...
I really wish people would try and see the positives and just get their backsides down there and support the team!!

We made as much noise as we could yeaterday under the circumstances...surely just for once everyone could forget about team selection,scheduling, prices, weather and get down to Lord's, fill the Mound Stand?
Our lads need us to be there for them so let's go and have a bloody good day out!!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Val Studley Bear's post:
rednalbear
With trott playing i think we have a great chance of winning.
Val
Floodlights hold no special appeal to me - prefer 12 to 6 for a fairer game
£30 per ticket aint cheap and in fact they are £35 due to booking fee con.
Coach Travel is a non starter for us living 40 miles away
I have done every Bears final since '94 and have enjoyed them all but the Sept. weather has spoilt a few of them.
Having said that I will prob be there - but need to see what weather is likely to be first.
LE - aka John
They managed to fudge the rules yesterday to get the game done and dusted so as to avoid Sunday reserve day.

Surely Gilo and the Somerset coach can get together and demand this game be 12pm to 6pm
i think troughton needs to do something pretty special in the week to keep his place for the final. play trott and have chopra go in at 3?
also its my birthday next saturday!!!
(12-09-2010, 11:56 AM)Mad Brummie Wrote: They managed to fudge the rules yesterday to get the game done and dusted so as to avoid Sunday reserve day.

Surely Gilo and the Somerset coach can get together and demand this game be 12pm to 6pm

So you wanted yesterday's game played today??
Why??
What rules did they fudge??

...and why should anyone demand the start time be changed for the Final??
It's been set at this time and that is that!
Get over it...it's going to be the same for both teams & sets of fans.

Christ we get to a final and some still can't help but bloody moan!!!!

Bring on the abuse about my post..i don't care two hoots.

Yesterday was fanastic and it was enjoyed by all those that made the effort to turn up and the joy on the Bears players faces was priceless!!

P.S...Top birthday bear4life, it's your round :)
haha cheers val, i looked at he fixtures when they came out and thought "imagine....." lol
Lord Tavener's pub next Saturday...i think a few of us plan to meet up.
(12-09-2010, 10:57 AM)Paul Wrote: Is the 3pm start so has not to clash with the early football match. Thinking about team selection, theres no doubt Chopra deserves his place but will he be more effective than Jim batting at 5. Its a tough call for Ashley.
I'm not sure why it's a 3pm start. It'll lose fans though cos the train times are bad in respect to the game, I cant see it being a sell out final, they have already reduced the prices, it was 48 quid last month now it's 30 and they are giving free tickets to those who bought at 48.

The thing about the batting order is a good question but personally I'd move Barks down and have Chopra at 3 or open with Chopra and Carts and Trott at 3, Bell at 4, Maddy 5, Rikki 6, Barker 7 etc. It'd be tough for Gilo to leave Jim out mind so I'm not too sure.
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

Val it's not abuse - just a differance of opinion.
The point is that a 3pm start means it probably wont be the same for both sides. The team fielding 2nd is likely to be playing on a very wet outfield with a very wet ball. A 12pm start would make it as close as possible to being fair for both sides.
LE - aka John
(12-09-2010, 10:02 AM)Val Studley Bear Wrote: On yesterday's performance then the answer to that is YES!
Either way i will worry about team news on Saturday morning...tickets booked, can't wait and hope we have as memorable a day as the one we had at Scarborough yesterday!

I booked my tickets this morning Val - at just gone midnight - Pete tipped me off that I could book them direct via the Lords website. I don't care what time it starts - I'm just sooooo excited we're in the final. Now sit back and wait for the 'fans' to come out of the woodwork - the ones who never go to matches other than big occasion days!
Booked my tickets in the mound stand on the lords web site. I notice this PM there are no Mound stand tickets on sale (other areas are). Bears OS site now says Bears Mound stand tickets will go on sale tomorrow AM to members.. Non members to contact Lords directly.

Cant wait for Saturday :)
Where has the idea come from that Trott is available, bearing in mind that there is an ODI against Pakistan on the Friday and another on the Monday. Are Darren Gough and Derek Pringle being co-opted onto the England selection panel to make sure that Trott can play for us?