Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quarter Final
I have just phoned the club to ask the questions, time/date/price and they say they will know later today.
I'm betting on a 4.30 (sic) start...............
Well we cant have a floodlit nowhere to put the lights. LOL Monday would be best we may have Trotty.!!
4.30 start would be about right if its on sky as not to interfear with the floodlit game.
Keep Calm i am a Warwickshire Bear
That would be a daft time for attracting people to come after work which, I think, was the original thinking behind T20 cricket.
Silly me, I forgot, SKY will dictate this one !!
LE - aka John
5:30 is a ridiculous time to target people finishing work.

Finish work in Wolverhampton 5pm.

Get to Edgbaston: 6pm if you're very very lucky, more likely 6:30pm.
Read my Ashes blog at otis-bear.tumblr.com/ashes2010 :thumbup:
(19-07-2010, 01:28 PM)littlepete Wrote: 4.30 start would be about right if its on sky as not to interfear with the floodlit game.
nah it will be 5-30 as they will show the floodlit game on the red button to begin with.
(19-07-2010, 02:06 PM)otisbear Wrote: 5:30 is a ridiculous time to target people finishing work.

Finish work in Wolverhampton 5pm.

Get to Edgbaston: 6pm if you're very very lucky, more likely 6:30pm.

trouble with that is that you are running the risk of it getting too dark in the second innings 9-15 finish is too late with no floodlights
Paul, you're probably right for a 6:30 start but a 6pm start would be better.

You even struggle to get from Brum centre to Edgbaston in half an hour at that time of night.
Read my Ashes blog at otis-bear.tumblr.com/ashes2010 :thumbup:
I agree with you Otisbear it should be, but the previous quarters against Lancs and Kent at Edgbaston have started at 5-30pm. So its just thats what time I think it will start.
When we get the floodlights this wont be a problem. 5.30pm starts are some times very difficult to make. I still suspect 4.30 to 4.45pm start............ I hope I am wrong.
lol Warley I'm sure its going to be 5-30. I remember our game last season at Hove was floodlit and it was on the red button until the end of the earlier game when they switched over about 8-15, so dont think the clash of times will matter.
Sorry Paul

I was going to edit my post with this link and ended up deleting it instead :(

I hope you are right - but anyway as for the link.................... it sort of suggests a 4pm start to transmission - which may mean a 4.30pm start ? or a long introduction ?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12943,00.html
warley that looks the right shout at 4.30
http://www.ecb.co.uk/news/domestic/frien...81,EN.html

Heard a rumour that its £ 20 ...........
Ok my apologies I stand corercted. Its going to have a severe effect on the crowd I fear.
No problems Paul. I suspect many thought that. However, when it comes to Cricket, Edgbaston and Sky I am never surprised or shocked anymore..................... The £ 20 bit is a rumour............... but then the 4.30 start time was one too in post number 2.
but its 4.40 isnt it lol. £20 sounds about right, but maybe that will be for a ticket bought in advance and £25 on the day.
i would have thought a members ticket would be between £10 & £15 it has been £10 for the last three Quarters so why should it be any difference.
soon changed your tune paul, i think that fall in the canal has clogged your mind