Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rikki Clarke
Today saw Clarkey get his first ever FIVE wicket innings and i new it would happen one day.
and how great he done it for Warwickshire
Keep Calm i am a Warwickshire Bear
[-] The following 1 user Likes littlepete's post:
Paul
Yes well done Ricki, we are still in a lot of trouble in the game though!

We have to bat for a day and a half. I was pleased to hear Phil saying really nice things about Naqaash today.
tut tut jane this is about clarkey not naq
On the day Neil was given an award for been the best cricketer in April. It's good to see the efforts of a cricketer who makes the most of his ability and does whatever is required to help his team to win.

We are furtunate to have such good all round cricketers as Neil and Chris at Edgbaston, both have made very positive contributions with both bat and ball this season, but thats what all rounders do!
It' Nord alto torvo di s.
spiega con la maggior parte yorkshiremen sono bastardi miseri

(05-05-2010, 10:45 PM)Tall Bear Wrote: On the day Neil was given an award for been the best cricketer in April. It's good to see the efforts of a cricketer who makes the most of his ability and does whatever is required to help his team to win.

We are furtunate to have such good all round cricketers as Neil and Chris at Edgbaston, both have made very positive contributions with both bat and ball this season, but thats what all rounders do!

i will not stoop to your level TB you have to give credit where credit is due but your verdict of clarke is personal not on his cricket.
so his five wickets havent help us in this game, i would never slag carter or woakes either as they are playing at the top of there game.
have you ever talked to rikki he is one of the nicest people you could ever meet.
He ended up with 6 so well done and lets hope its the start of something good.

fingers crossed paul
Hopefully he can finally score some valuable runs.
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

From someone who claims he's only playing because he thinks he can get back into the England team, his l perfomance is not good enough.
He has had one good day with the ball, which was a good day indeed, however his overall contribution is not acceptable for someone of his ability, I have said on several occasions before that he is one of the most naturally talented players around, however his record shows he is not using that ability consistantly. How many times do we see him getting a low score and getting out with a stupid show and then only bowling a few very expensive overs. Someone else on here said about Botham getting wickets with junk balls, the difference was that Botham was prepared to do what was needed to make his team win, he opened the batting or moved up the order when it was needed to help the team and he'd bowl the tough overs when nobody else in the team fancvied taking on the task.

My opinion is based totally on cricketing performance, I've never spoken to him, nor do I have any desire to.
Surely the nature of his personality and how he appears to his biggest fan is totally irrelevant to a discussion of his cricketing worth.

A bit rich from someone accusing me of disliking a player on personal grounds!

at the end of the day TB we are never going to agree on this i just think you hold a grudge about his past more than his cricket.
i think he must know him self how he performs so i refuse to get into a slanging match with you about this we both have our oppinions.
No argument needed or wanted, we agree to differ. It is good that you, finally, accept people are allowed to have a different opinion to you.

At no point have I made personal attacks on you, something you have done repeatedly.

My opinions on any player are exclusively based on cricketing matters, so what they do away from the game, is irrelevant.

(06-05-2010, 09:29 PM)Tall Bear Wrote: No argument needed or wanted, we agree to differ. It is good that you, finally, accept people are allowed to have a different opinion to you.

At no point have I made personal attacks on you, something you have done repeatedly.

My opinions on any player are exclusively based on cricketing matters, so what they do away from the game, is irrelevant.

Rikki Clarke is certainly improving now, especially in the bowling department. If you attack him you're attacking Ashley Giles as well - how can you question his judgement based on recent results?
http://www.testmatchextra.com/Blogs.aspx...789e37350b
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
Interesting, it doesn't say a lot for the coaching he received previously or his ability to work out what was needed.

What is more concerning is that Welch, who only joined the club in Feb, has been having to work on remodeling McClouds action, wasn't that supposed to have been done from June onwards last season?

With regards to Clarke, sometimes it seems like the coaching staff are been positive when they know he actually isn't performing to the level expected. He has the ability, but the performances are consistantly a long way short of what he is capapble of.

He has just taken a vital wicket of Chilton who was looking steady.
(06-05-2010, 05:18 PM)Tall Bear Wrote: From someone who claims he's only playing because he thinks he can get back into the England team, his l perfomance is not good enough.
He has had one good day with the ball, which was a good day indeed, however his overall contribution is not acceptable for someone of his ability, I have said on several occasions before that he is one of the most naturally talented players around, however his record shows he is not using that ability consistantly. How many times do we see him getting a low score and getting out with a stupid show and then only bowling a few very expensive overs. Someone else on here said about Botham getting wickets with junk balls, the difference was that Botham was prepared to do what was needed to make his team win, he opened the batting or moved up the order when it was needed to help the team and he'd bowl the tough overs when nobody else in the team fancvied taking on the task.

My opinion is based totally on cricketing performance, I've never spoken to him, nor do I have any desire to.
Surely the nature of his personality and how he appears to his biggest fan is totally irrelevant to a discussion of his cricketing worth.

''How he appears to be his biggest fan''

That is incorrect, I AM his biggest fan
''Shall we move to the section lads?''

''Its a bit nippy 'ere in the Ryder''
(06-05-2010, 05:18 PM)Tall Bear Wrote: From someone who claims he's only playing because he thinks he can get back into the England team, his l perfomance is not good enough.

You are SO right TB, Clarke playing for England again ......... all pigs ready to fly
I was born a bear
All I will say, as Im pretty neutral on this, is that we shouldnt be judging a player on what we think he should be doing with his talent. IMO this is why Bell used to get such a hard time despite an OK record with England; people expected more and he was judged on expectations not performance.

So, again, IMo.,judge Rikki on what he actually does for us not what we think he should be doing. In the CC this hasnt been much so far but he has been carrying an injury. With Bell and Trott away, this is his big chance.

Might do him good if people stopped going on about his talent as well. Butcher on Sky yesterday said he was using 1/20th of it, as Paul mentioned. Ridiculous thing to say.
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
If you went out and paid for a top of the range hi performance car and what you actually received was a bottom of the range Nissan Micra, you'd not be happy. That is effectively the situation we have.

It was Clarke who said he would retire if he couldnt get back in the England squad. He wasn't in the ECB's top 50 players last winter and has probably dropped even further down the list this summer.

He can't be trusted with the ball, ever since he has joined us his average cost per over is 1-2 runs per inning above the overall run rate. Yes he has had a few good innings, but often at times when the runs didn't really matter. Too many times we see, or read, he has got out playing in a brainless manner. We are futunate that we have got Neil Carter in the best form of his life and Chris Woakes to pick up the workload that a play who was signed to be our 'leading all rounder' is quite obviously incapable of accepting.