Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linking up
Is this an idea the Bears should be exploring?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket...iance.html
The money would be good to pay off the redevelopment so yes.
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

Sorry, being the incredibly stupid person I am, I'm not sure I understand exactly what this linking up would mean, can someone explain to me pretty please? :)

Dom.
The Bowler's Holding the batsman's Willey
Quote:The move – to be announced next week – fulfils part of the long-term goal to set up business interests around the world with branching out into England, the world's second biggest cricket economy, a key aim.

In the initial phase of the partnership, the clubs will adopt the Royals name during their domestic Twenty20 competition.

Global events featuring the five teams will follow with the first due to take place in the United Kingdom this year, possibly at Lord's, and others planned in South Africa, Australia and the Middle East.

It is believed that, under the terms of the agreement, teams will share income from any global sponsor of the Royals brand and other merchandising opportunities.

Future opportunities are likely to include talent sharing among the group.

That mainly

Sadly I'm still confused, there's no hope for it I guess. Say if Hampshire become the Rajasthan Royals in our domestic twenty20, they'll still be competing for example against the Warwickshire Bears etc, yes? And Hampshire/Rajasthan would still just be the Hampshire team, but with a different kit and name? Or would there be any sharing of players? Also what if, again say Hampshire made it to the Champions League, under the Rajasthan name, as did the actual Rajasthan Royals, wouldn't that just be a bit mad, them both playing each other? I could easily though have gotten most of how this would work wrong!

Dom.
The Bowler's Holding the batsman's Willey
No thank you, why would we want to throw away all our heritage and brand identity to play as the Warwickshire royals?

It does not seem to offer anything that would add to the Warwickshire 'brand'. we have our own rich heritage and history, we must not become a franchised off shoot of a manufactured organisation with no real history or values.
It' Nord alto torvo di s.
spiega con la maggior parte yorkshiremen sono bastardi miseri

It'll only be for T20 wont it?
Cant hurt.

Kings XI Warwickshire Bears Cool

DD, Let's agree to disagree!

I think I pulled something in my back when I 'buried the hatchet' deep in your skull a few days ago :-)

lol

Money is needed though.

There are acceptable ways to get money, selling your identity, your heritage and your soul isn't one.

So maybe we should go for the Tesco Edgbaston or the KFC Stadium.
(03-02-2010, 09:39 PM)Tall Bear Wrote: There are acceptable ways to get money, selling your identity, your heritage and your soul isn't one.

I'd rather see the club in the black and be called Warwickshire Sky Bears in the T20 league.

than be in millions of debt and be called Warwickshire Bears.

I'm with TB on this as indeed I always seem to be.We are Warwickshire CCC & always will be.
Shouldn't the ECB be trying to loosen the grip that Asian/Indian cricket has over both the world & the English game these days? :thumbdown:
ALWAYS A BEAR
Considering this grip, annoyance or whatever you choose to call it, accounts for 80% of cricket's income it wouldnt be wise to not to join with it.

Money isnt everything as Tall Bear always says but if we cant pay off the debt, what do we do?

Simple, we keep working to find the money we need in an acceptable way.

I've no problem with the 'naming rights' for Edgbaston been sold, as long as we don't go as far as they have at the Oval where they have card at eye level in the media toilets reminding people to use the sponsored name! Actually no problem with a 'title sponsor' been attached to the team name for one day cricket. Actually the 'Cadbury' Warwickshire Bears sounds good, but what is a step, in fact a massive leap too far is selling the clubs identity so we become a mere franchise of an organisation with no real history, roots or values.

As an organisation Warwickshire cricket has over a century of history and experiences that have added together to make our club, it's symbols and the badge something that we all support and choose to be part of.

Do we really want to dicard all that to become a branch of the Indore 'moneycounters'?

"acceptable way" Please expand.

A legal way that does not damage the image, values and heritage of Warwickshire CCC

OK, fair enough.

But that would be another increase in prices and memberships...

lovely Rolleyes

Here's the future outlined for you, as exclusively revealed to me in a dream!
The eight IPL teams all sign deals with different counties and then collectively (via Mr. Modi) tell the ECB that they intend to run a Twenty/20 tournament during the English season with massive income lined up via television rights. If the ECB doesn't agree to recognise the tournament, they will go it alone and run it anyway. So the ECB, as might be expected of them, caves in and allows the eight counties to opt out of the domestic Twenty/20 in favour of the new tournament. This is just the first step in a process whereby the IPL, the BCCI and Mr. Modi gradually take charge of English cricket.
DD is delighted, Tall Bear is in a straitjacket somewhere gently foaming at the mouth and the rest of us are adjusting reluctantly to the new world order in cricket.
Just remember, you read it here first!
http://www.cricinfo.com/england/content/...MP=OTC-RSS

"Stuart Robertson, the ECB marketing man who devised Twenty20" Angry Wrong!!

My view on the linking would depend on what its worth and what others do. If it is worth a lot and other counties go for it, we'd be mad to get left behind.
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions