Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sachin - Could have been greater?
http://epaper.asianage.com/ASIAN/AAGE/20...tml?Mode=1

Sachin could have done a tad better TBH in terms of big big scores

But the stats Kapil has used to back it up are poor. (Sort of like mine :sneaky2:)

Saying that Sachin doesnt work hard is a joke. :cursing: It's not as if he lazes around. Batting a long innings running all the time. The fact he prepares before every series working hard on who he will face and getting people to bowl to him like the player he will face. (He did it with Warne)

Remember his innings vs Aus without a cover drive!
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

Not sure I agree about him being more talented than Viv Richards or maybe it was the fact that Richards had that aura about him.

(22-11-2009, 08:20 PM)Paul Wrote: Not sure I agree about him being more talented than Viv Richards or maybe it was the fact that Richards had that aura about him.

Or Lara either. Or Ponting. But all great batsmen. How good must Bradman have been though :scared:
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
His stats make him the greatest, but there was a period of time during the mid late 70s when any bowler wouild be scared to bowl to Richards. Do you remember Willis, who no matter what people think as an anaylist was one of Englands great fast bowlers, ricahards targetted him and the way he took him apart when he first came out to bat was savage.

Hello friends,
If you don't mind I just want to say one thing that Sachin is always great player because of his playing strategy and his attitude. He is gentle man who never involve him self in to any matter. Really he is a great cricketer like sir Don Bradman..