Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
(08-12-2009, 07:16 PM)Kim Wrote: Dont mention Christmas to me Angry

Nor me
Angry

Its why Im argumentive

He has got his two front teeth DD

(08-12-2009, 07:18 PM)Paul Wrote:
(08-12-2009, 07:13 PM)DD BEAR Wrote:
(08-12-2009, 02:07 PM)Paul Wrote: Its why I believe bringing through your own players and not signing players from other counties is the way forward.

Going back loads of posts. This is a vital point.

Giles - DOC - non Brummie

Brown - non brummie

Trott - non brummie

:thumbup:

Rikki Clarke - erm non brummie :thumbup1:

Well yes but there are exceptions and in Browns case this was his only county. Noone more loyal than him - top man. Trott once again - we are his only county. Ricki has only been here a short while.

Can you honestly say that when these lot came they were 100% committed to the club? Trott? Honestly.

I said it in a bit of joke anyway. :P
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

(08-12-2009, 07:20 PM)DD BEAR Wrote:
(08-12-2009, 07:18 PM)Paul Wrote:
(08-12-2009, 07:13 PM)DD BEAR Wrote:
(08-12-2009, 02:07 PM)Paul Wrote: Its why I believe bringing through your own players and not signing players from other counties is the way forward.

Going back loads of posts. This is a vital point.

Giles - DOC - non Brummie

Brown - non brummie

Trott - non brummie

:thumbup:

Rikki Clarke - erm non brummie :thumbup1:

Well yes but there are exceptions and in Browns case this was his only county. Noone more loyal than him - top man. Trott once again - we are his only county. Ricki has only been here a short while.

Can you honestly say that when these lot came they were 100% committed to the club? Trott? Honestly.

I said it in a bit of joke anyway. :P

Nope - Oh ok I'm with Kim Paul out! :cursing:

i do think in the season and a bit that rik has been with us he has gave 100% for the bears and i think he will always give a 100% when fit
Keep Calm i am a Warwickshire Bear
(08-12-2009, 07:19 PM)Paul Wrote: He has got his two front teeth DD

*worried*

On a similar note, are you going to have a christmas skin for the site again. :thumbup:

bah humbug
(08-12-2009, 07:23 PM)littlepete Wrote: i do think in the season and a bit that rik has been with us he has gave 100% for the bears and i think he will always give a 100% when fit

Yes but will he finish his career at warwickshire. Like i said before. Maddy came late in his career but his fully committed.

(08-12-2009, 07:24 PM)DD BEAR Wrote:
(08-12-2009, 07:19 PM)Paul Wrote: He has got his two front teeth DD

*worried*

On a similar note, are you going to have a christmas skin for the site again. :thumbup:

i still have the old one. I'll have a look on december 25th Angry

(08-12-2009, 07:29 PM)Paul Wrote:
(08-12-2009, 07:23 PM)littlepete Wrote: i do think in the season and a bit that rik has been with us he has gave 100% for the bears and i think he will always give a 100% when fit

Yes but will he finish his career at warwickshire. Like i said before. Maddy came late in his career but his fully committed.

Im sure he will - there isnt anywhere else for him to go now realistically. he has to make it with us.

Its his bowling that disspaoints me - bit lik Saj Mahmood he has everything he needs to do better than he does. If the new bowling coach could sort that put hed have earned his money.
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
(08-12-2009, 07:29 PM)Paul Wrote:

paul you can ask that question about any player
I know Pete. He has the pace but not sure whether he knows wheres it going to land. If he gets it sorted he could be a good 4th seamer.

I could see Rikki staying - not sure he is fully utilising his ability though.

What is there to be unsure about, Riki has not delivered consistently the results his ability should produce.
Not during his last two seasons at Surrey, definitely not during his time with Derbyshire, who were delighted to see the back of him and certainly not during his time with Warwickshire.

For him to complain he was bowling poorly because he wasn't bowling shows his inability and unwillingness to accept responsibility for his lack of performance. The reason he didn't get to bowl much is that his bowling was so poor it could lose a match withing 5 overs. How can any captain, especially one struggling to cope with limited bowling resources justify allowing someone who was costing about 25-30% more runs an over to bowl long spells.

If, as he claims, he genuinely wants to get back into the England squad, next season he has to be scoring runs regularly and consitantly in the top half of the order, against the oppositions best bowlers, especially in the pressure situations. He also has t bowl productive and inexpensive spells everytime. To be good enough for England he needs to be our top performer match after match after match in all forms of the game. Something he has failed to do in 10 years as a professional player so the chances of it happening now are less than Gordon Browns are of not having to move house in May!
It' Nord alto torvo di s.
spiega con la maggior parte yorkshiremen sono bastardi miseri

On Tim Ambrose, has anyone considered that part of his 'unhappiness' may be connected to issues outside cricket, and that is contributing to his decision not to accept the clubs offered contract extension.

It is also possible, like in any contract negotiation, that the two parties involved have irreconsilably different opinions of the value of the product on offer, in this case Tim's services.
It' Nord alto torvo di s.
spiega con la maggior parte yorkshiremen sono bastardi miseri

http://www.testmatchextra.com/Blogs.aspx...789e37350b

Tim is certainly a great gloveman and handy batter too and yes he is a real good asset to have around (if he wants to) but the best gloveman you ever saw? I'd have to disagree with that one, our very own K Piper for all his faults off field is the very best keeper i ever saw. Head and shoulders abover Knotty, Taylor and anyone else i have seen from the mid 70's till today.
Patchy batting and certain out of ground activities made him an unlikely pick for England, even tho he was much better than Stewart behind the stumps.
I don't know why i disliked Stewart so much?? Good batsman in his own right (when not behind the stumps) as the stats will show but he reminded so much of Pringle who only got into the England team cos he wore the correct college scarf & tie.

Kind regards

(Now fearing the Stewart/Pringle/Knott/Taylor army to hunt me down :scared:
(16-04-2010, 10:44 AM)Apple Wrote: Tim is certainly a great gloveman and handy batter too and yes he is a real good asset to have around (if he wants to) but the best gloveman you ever saw? I'd have to disagree with that one, our very own K Piper for all his faults off field is the very best keeper i ever saw. Head and shoulders abover Knotty, Taylor and anyone else i have seen from the mid 70's till today.
Patchy batting and certain out of ground activities made him an unlikely pick for England, even tho he was much better than Stewart behind the stumps.
I don't know why i disliked Stewart so much?? Good batsman in his own right (when not behind the stumps) as the stats will show but he reminded so much of Pringle who only got into the England team cos he wore the correct college scarf & tie.

Kind regards

(Now fearing the Stewart/Pringle/Knott/Taylor army to hunt me down :scared:
you make me smile Apple especially the "correct college scalf & tie" - fantastic