Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Tim Ambrose
I just like to comment I hope that Tim Ambrose has a brilliant season like he did he in 2008. Im just a bit worried that if he dosent he might leave us, hes is a brilliant player and the talent is there as he has had the chance to perform at the top level. This is why he didnt extend his contract and Ashley said that his future was unclear. I do hope he plays well otherwise he might feel that his career isnt developing. Wish him all the best for next season.

Come on Ashley make sure he stays with Wawickshire Bears.
100% agree. Hes a brilliant player IMo and vastly underestimated, particularly as a keeper. I dont know why averaging 30 with the bat and being faultless with the gloves in his tests has lead to keeping clods like Davies over taking him for England but that's life. He suffered a lot from the ignorance of much of the media.

*stares hard at Bob Willis effigy *
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
Hes fantastic. I mentioned before that we hadn't made progress in the FPT from 2007 but thats only because one man alone carried us through that tournament. Yes there were other significant contributions but he produced match winning performances, not once, not twice, but three times in that competition and he nearly did it again in the semi's. He then got called up for England and after a brilliant match winning innings against New Zealand, the media decided lets have a pop at him for scoring lots of runs backward of square. This constant crap about him only having one shot must have got to him. he didn't reach the same heights last season, he didnt enjoy his cricket, but lets face it with the rain and drawned games neither did many of us.

I think that one game he played for England when Prior was injured, did really well, but then was dropped after because Prior was back, and since every other opportunity has been given to Steve Davies, just left him thinking, what more can I actually do to advance in this game?

Dom.
The Bowler's Holding the batsman's Willey
Where would he go though, seems most counties (the big guns anyway) fairly well set up for keepers.
Chris, don't ask why Windy. No please don't. No.

Music: http://trip-tv.blogspot.com/
Me: http://mixing-and-matching.blogspot.com/
I hope he has a great season too, but if he is not happy he wont play well. Lets hope that whatever got to him last year has melted away and he is in the right frame of mind to step up and do what he does well.
http://www.testmatchextra.com/Blogs.aspx...789e37350b

Interesting...
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

didnt Tim leave sussex because he couldnt get a game in the first team may be now that prior is getting regular cricket for england he wants to go back to sussex
Keep Calm i am a Warwickshire Bear
I think he is one of the best glovemen I've ever seen.His situation is similar to that of Bob Taylor who got nowhere near the number of international caps he deserved due to Knott being considered the better batsman.Taylor didn't do too badly when Knott retired did he?
So his keeping isn't an issue in my view.Mind you I think Prior has improved massively in the last year!
If his batting is the reason that he appears unhappy here (as Jane says he is,) well there is only one person that can resolve that problem & that's Tim himself.
If he's unhappy at Warwickshire & wants to move on then it's up him to decide during next season.He would be a big miss but we have a good keeper waiting in the wings.
Nobody wants an unhappy player in the dressing room! :001_smile:
ALWAYS A BEAR
(06-12-2009, 06:18 PM)littlepete Wrote: didnt Tim leave sussex because he couldnt get a game in the first team may be now that prior is getting regular cricket for england he wants to go back to sussex

Dont Sussex have like 4 keepers though.

(06-12-2009, 06:43 PM)DD BEAR Wrote:
(06-12-2009, 06:18 PM)littlepete Wrote: didnt Tim leave sussex because he couldnt get a game in the first team may be now that prior is getting regular cricket for england he wants to go back to sussex

Dont Sussex have like 4 keepers though.
its only a thought DD who knows whats on his mind i must agree with redditchbear though
Keep Calm i am a Warwickshire Bear
Depends why Tim is unhappy though dont you think? It could be because of his England treatment (Ashley's role as selector a problem here?). Or it could be because he sees players like Davies move to Surrey on big big money when Tim's a better player. Pothas at Hants is 37 next year, could Tim being going there?

Nice spot DD, I was trying to think which of the top counties might need a new keeper soon, Hants could definately be interested in him, and again from Tim's point of view it would be an attractive move. I really hope he doesn't go and has an epic 2010 season mind you. I also think DD you were right when you mentioned his England treatment being one of the main thing's he is unhappy about, as you said, Davies seems to be reguarded higher than him now in the England set up, even though there is no way he's a better player, at the moment I can't see him making it back into the England side. He isn't in the England Performance Programme, I don't think anyway, which has to be a sign that even if Prior was injured they wouldnt replace him with Ambrose like they did last time.

Dom.
He could still go to Hampshire, but I just checked, they do have a second keeper, Tom Burrows, 24, who has played a few games for Hampshire already.

Dom.
Yeah Burrows is the understudy to Pothas atm.

I will be very deeply aggrieved if Tim Ambrose leaves us.

There. Ive said it.
I'm a big fan of Tim Ambrose but I'm dissapointed that he feels this way. Its why I believe bringing through your own players and not signing players from other counties is the way forward. I want players who want to play for us. He shouldnt forget how his career moved forward from when he joined us. If the reasons are about money well fair enough, he needs to get his act together and start scoring runs on a consistent basis.

I'd be happy to see Richard Johnson given a go...Sorry Kim.

Local lads like Mark Wagh and Mooen you mean?

I dont give much of a fig where players are from to be honest. Never have done, never will.
Circumstances were different then though Kim. I differ from you in that aspect. I always have done! I agree you need to bring in players as well. I've always been very happy with Darran Maddy's attitude and committment to the club and I was with Tim Ambrose but the fact he wants to run down his contract because hes not happy here, for whatever reason, doesnt inspire me much. Look at Jim, picked for England, had a bad time, then dropped from the Warwickshire side but he has always wanted to play for us.. Whats important is that we have players here who are 100% committed to being with us, otherwise we are on a slippery slope.

Why were circumstances different then?

Sorry but there is no comparison at all between Tim and Jim and thier England situations.