Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trotty!
(04-07-2010, 11:40 AM)Paul Wrote: So it will now be a staright choice between Bell and Trott to get KPs spot in the team.

I hope Trotty doesn't read the press - in the latest Wisden magazine he scores lowest of all the possible England players to tour Australia - appararently the score is obtained from canvassing a load of reporters. Unbelievable. I've never written to the press in my life but am seriously thinking of writing to Wisden asking how they can publish this rot in relation to someone who has just got a double century. The amateur psychologists are still doing peddling their 'expert' opinion about his mental fragility so it was nice to read that article from Duncan Fletcher. I reckon if he does get given a chance in Australia, he'll do really well.
(04-07-2010, 08:54 PM)stingray Wrote:
(04-07-2010, 11:40 AM)Paul Wrote: So it will now be a staright choice between Bell and Trott to get KPs spot in the team.

I hope Trotty doesn't read the press - in the latest Wisden magazine he scores lowest of all the possible England players to tour Australia - appararently the score is obtained from canvassing a load of reporters. Unbelievable. I've never written to the press in my life but am seriously thinking of writing to Wisden asking how they can publish this rot in relation to someone who has just got a double century. The amateur psychologists are still doing peddling their 'expert' opinion about his mental fragility so it was nice to read that article from Duncan Fletcher. I reckon if he does get given a chance in Australia, he'll do really well.

Wisden marks out of 10 for first Bangla test where Trott scored 262 runs for once out - 8.

Comment with it "enviable match aggregate but something still missing". :cursing:

This was from Stephen Brenckley of the Independent who, watery eyed and pompous as he is, spent most of yesterday's Cricket Writers on TV ploghing through every croissant available while waving his arms about talking nonsense. What an @$$.

Media's new pin op, Morgan, doesnt look so hot against the short ball, does he? :thumbup:
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
(05-07-2010, 08:47 AM)Kim Wrote:
(04-07-2010, 08:54 PM)stingray Wrote:

Wisden marks out of 10 for first Bangla test where Trott scored 262 runs for once out - 8.

Comment with it "enviable match aggregate but something still missing". :cursing:

This was from Stephen Brenckley of the Independent who, watery eyed and pompous as he is, spent most of yesterday's Cricket Writers on TV ploghing through every croissant available while waving his arms about talking nonsense. What an @$$.

Media's new pin op, Morgan, doesnt look so hot against the short ball, does he? :thumbup:

I saw the 8 out of 10 for the first test - this was a different article I was referring to - unfortunately I threw the mazagine away - was either Wisden or All Out Cricket - they gave Trotty something like 5.5 overall (!!!) with the comment "spare a thought for Trott who got a double century..." but then didn't expand why he was given the lowest score of all the potential squad members to tour Australia. Just can't understand it.

Agree about Morgan - and Kieswetter for that matter - unfortunately the benchmark for every form of the game now appears to be 20/20 wham bam - whatever happened to crafting an innings?
Thing is most of these journos spend all day together in the press box. They drink in the same bars and go out to dinner together. On tour with England they’re even more closeted together. So once a supposed “flaw” becomes perceived wisdom amongst the group it’s difficult to break through the bubble.

What makes it worse for Trotty – and something I’ve pointed out regularly – is that for most the national press who watch little or no county cricket , Trotty’s selection for the Ashes caught them on the hop when they were all for the most part extolling the virtues of bringing back Key or Ramprakash.

His crime – much like Darren Pattinson’s before him – was that he’d made his name in the much-derided CC rather than biffing a few easy runs in a live T20. And for some reason he’s also considered less English than Peitersen, Lumb or Kieswetter.

So since his selection they’ve picked up on one thing and decided that this is indicative of a much greater psychological problem. To their credit 1 or 2 writers like Lawrence Booth have not followed this slavish trend but it’s depressing how far ingrained this attitude has become amongst the so-called experts.
agree with all the comments above, the snobbery towards Trott is galling in the extreme.

unfortunately, two consecutive innings for the Lions without a score, and I can see the various factions both in the media and seemingly the England camp taking the opportunity to slight Jon and stick the knife in.

i have said for a while that I simply don't think the England management team really 'fancy' Trott, and that his would be the first place to go if he ever hit a run of bad form. i don't think he can survive more than a couple of failures for England, as they clearly (IMO) like Morgan, Bell and possibly even Kieswetter more than they seem to like Trott.
Just got back from Edgbaston - great partnership between Strauss and Trotty. Be interesting to read the papers tomorrow to see what negatives they come up with about Trotty's 110 'cos some of the papers managed to be critical about his 94!

Don't know why the spotlight falls on Trott all the time - there are a few of the players who don't consistently deliver but seem to escape criticism - I wouldn't have Wright in the 50 over side and I think the expectations placed upon Kieswetter at this stage in his career are far too high.
"Trott is no Flintoff in style but he played his part, even finding another gear with his second fifty taking 28 deliveries fewer than his first. Trott will rarely win a popularity contest, what with all that fidgeting, but in a short international career he has shown a hunger for runs"

Nick Hoult of the Telegraph positively gushing with praise.
What a stupid comment. Why compare Trott with Flintoff. Thats not his role in the side. Ther vulchers are just waiting for him to fail.
http://www.cricket365.com/dave_tickner_b...than-Trott

Another plonker. Id register and have a go back but I have a full time job protecting Trotty on 24/7 and the Telegraph blog.

"The nagging feeling is that had any other member of the top five - or the injured Ian Bell - made 94, then England would have won the game ". WTF?? Ive got a nagging feeling that if Brain Lara hadnt scored 400 V England, 400 wouldnt be the highest individual test score either.

Since when is 8 an over off 3 a problem? The issue was all the wickets lost. The nagging feeling is 8 an over off 3 it wouldnt have been a porblem if any other member of the team had been 20% as good as Trott.

I like the way he equates his rantings on a website with doing Trottys standing serious damage as well. The only damage here is to the credibilty of the writer himself.

In an ealier blog Mr Thickner wrote "England no longer fear Australia, and the late call-up of Shaun Tait - a bowler with an action so bad he is incapable of bowling more than a two-over spell without doing himself a mischief - suggests panic in the camp".

He knows his stuff, eh?
(13-07-2010, 11:03 AM)Kim Wrote: http://www.cricket365.com/dave_tickner_b...than-Trott

Another plonker. Id register and have a go back but I have a full time job protecting Trotty on 24/7 and the Telegraph blog.

"The nagging feeling is that had any other member of the top five - or the injured Ian Bell - made 94, then England would have won the game ". WTF?? Ive got a nagging feeling that if Brain Lara hadnt scored 400 V England, 400 wouldnt be the highest individual test score either.

Since when is 8 an over off 3 a problem? The issue was all the wickets lost. The nagging feeling is 8 an over off 3 it wouldnt have been a porblem if any other member of the team had been 20% as good as Trott.

I like the way he equates his rantings on a website with doing Trottys standing serious damage as well. The only damage here is to the credibilty of the writer himself.

In an ealier blog Mr Thickner wrote "England no longer fear Australia, and the late call-up of Shaun Tait - a bowler with an action so bad he is incapable of bowling more than a two-over spell without doing himself a mischief - suggests panic in the camp".

He knows his stuff, eh?

What an idiot! He is clearly trying to be contoversial to boost his readership without actually knowing what he's on about. What about Luke Wright currently being a waste of space? What about all of the other batsmen who gave their wickets away????
Club should seriously consider producing some shirts/Tshirts in praise of Trott (Im pretty sure we could come up with something appropriate on here between us).

"Mike Selvey, Nick Hoult, Stephen Brenckley, majority of cricket journos..Trotty gave you boys a hell of a beating" would do me. **

Then next time we are on TV we could all wear them as a group as a show of support for our main man.

** A simple "the Jonathan Trott Appreciation Society " would also do.
"Cricket Writers - TROTT the lot of you" will do for me
LE - aka John
Seriously Id buy one and wear it if the club did it (in XXX large Angry ).

I do wear the quirky, nerdy geeks shirt on occasion after all. :001_wub:
I heard Jack Bannister (who provides coverage for Talksport) this morning uligising Strauss, Shahzad and Bopara. He said he belived Trott had real problems with his game at this level ???????? He said his inability to keep strike at Bristol was also a major worry.
Its a long time since I took notice of what Jack Bannister had to say.
If I'd just scored 94 and 110 in successive internationals I would think I've got a real problem too!!
LE - aka John
I know his ODI average of 70 is a let down and 3 50s and a 100 in his last 5 ODIs is poor - but he'll be quite good when he solves his problems at this level, I reckon.

Bannister commentates from his front room while watching Sky doesnt he?
LOL, yes he doesn't goto the games, so shouldn't have an opinion. Trott come in when the ball is doing a lot and then Strauss and him but on a record one day partnership for England. Yes Bopara scores a quick fire 40 at the end of the innings when all the hard work is done, yet he uligises about him and crtitises Trott. What is the point of even commenting on Bannisters opinion anyway. He was a fine player and decent commentator in his day but the stuff he comes up with now is rubbish.
(13-07-2010, 01:53 PM)Paul Wrote: LOL, yes he doesn't goto the games, so shouldn't have an opinion. Trott come in when the ball is doing a lot and then Strauss and him but on a record one day partnership for England. Yes Bopara scores a quick fire 40 at the end of the innings when all the hard work is done, yet he uligises about him and crtitises Trott. What is the point of even commenting on Bannisters opinion anyway. He was a fine player and decent commentator in his day but the stuff he comes up with now is rubbish.

Angry

Are you saying that coming in at 1 for 1 when the ball is seaming and getting 100 is different from coming it at 280 for 5, when the pitch and the bowlers are flat and getting a 40, with the aid of a drop, two snicks for 4 and a 6 off a free hit?

Ill need to think about that.
Yes true bear I think there is a slight difference. lol